• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Teaching kids how to ski

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My 7 year old daughter told me that she wanted to learn how to water ski about a month ago. Ironically, I stubled across a great program that is offered through our local water ski club called "Leaarn to Ski". The calss was $25 and well worth it. Also, I had the peasure of meeting @737driver on the ski team dock. His daughters were in the class as well.IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0691.JPG

great to see the kids get involved, we practiced with the rope and wakeboard on the ground (found instructions via you tube) and I really think it helped them understand what the feeling was going to be.

My daughter is always willing to try new sports. She's very motivated...I taught her how to snow ski when she was two. She kept calling the chair lift the "Big Swing". LOL

It was great running into another forum member, my girls can't wait for the next lesson. Now we just have to fit in some practice off the back of the boat. My oldest daughter just about has me talked into a tower and boom setup for the x230!

Thats awesome seeing your daughter starting off with the skiing lesson. I was mad for waterskiing in my younger days, and taught my two how to ski from a real young age, I hasten to say, they soon fell for the wake boarding bud. Apparently its cooler :confused::banghead::(

Good stuff.

Need to look around here in NC and see if there are skiing lessons here!
Yes...definitely check with your local ski club/team. It was seriously the best $25 that I've spent in a long time.

Back