• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Teleflex Reverse Gate Part Number

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone know the Teleflex part number for the '07-'09 230 series boats? I am having a hard time trying to cross reference the Yamaha part # F2A-149C-00-00. Julian has tried to help me find it with no luck. I checked with Will at Jet Boat Pilot and Williamsone46 with no luck.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Neither one of them could find the part # or they didn't reply? Someone must have replaced their 2007+ cable....

Copying the answer from further down the thread....part number is:

CCX63318

Thanks @Rickala

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sorry...I replaced mine on my 05 with Teleflex. the 08 is different?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Will replied but does not know. @Williamsone46 never replied.
I call teleflex and they had no clue...I cant believe how hard this become.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Zarrella I did reply. I have been looking into the specs of both cables, to see if it would work before I got back to you again. Although I have had no luck.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Zarrella Why don't you use the Yamaha (F2A-U149C-00-00) cable? Yamaha has it in stock in every warehouse.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Its like $100.00 more than the Teleflex

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sorry...I replaced mine on my 05 with Teleflex. the 08 is different?
Can't seem to get a straight answer if it is the same cable. I'm hoping it is because of the cost difference

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It only retails for $101.50, and I'll get you a good deal on it.
Thanks.... I might have to take you up on that. The Teleflex cables are under $40.00. Supposedly they make them for Yamaha.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They usually do have a part number on the cable and this is how those of us with 2003-2006 model year boats discovered it was a teleflex cable. My dealer in NC wanted something like $150 for each cable while I could buy 2 for $81 from iboats.com (exact same cable). Not sure what the difference is between the two part numbers, but hopefully we can figure it out! Nothing wrong with dealers marking up the Teleflex price a little, but 350% mark up is a little much!

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Zarrella I assume your boat is still drivable? If not, then pull the old one out and look for the part number on it! Here are a couple of shots of the 03-06 cable:

Here is the part number you will find on the side of the cable:
IMG_0561.JPG

And here is a shot of both ends of the cable:
IMG_0562.JPG

And a link (that is in the FAQ) for how replace the cable in case you find this thread first: https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-to-replace-reverse-gate-cable.28/

Once we get the 07+ part number figured out I'll add it to that thread!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Julian ....yes it is still drivable, but very stiff. I'm going out to the river in the am I guess I will see if I can spot a number on it while it is still in service. I would hate to pull it down before I have the cables in hand

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can see from the 2nd pic how far down the cable the part number is stamped. So you could lift the binnacle (throttles) and see if it is on that end, and then open up the clean out hatch and check that end. If you have a small night vision camcorder that might be the simplest first step - stick it in the access hatch and see if it pics up the cable and part number.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if this has been answered yet or not... while researching the Yamaha part number for my boat, I came across the SBT website that has it listed, F2A-U149C-00-00 and according to the description it is 216" long, so... 18'.

http://www.shopsbt.com/yamaha-jet-boat-reverse-cable/yamaha-jet-boat-reverse-shift-cable-F2A-U149C-00-0.html

Makes sense that it is a foot longer because of the aft tilt of the binnacle. So using that information, I am tempted to pull the trigger on a much needed cable using this part number: CCX63318.

http://www.boatstoreusa.com/hydraulic-mechanical/shift-throttle-control-cables/teleflex-ccx63318-control-cable-xtreme-33c-18/

http://www.iboats.com/3300-Xtreme-Control-Cable-18-SeaStar/dm/cart_id.904759156--session_id.759726480--view_id.169427

What could possibly go wrong...

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the first part was easy... out to lunch with a guy that needed to stop by West Marine for something. We go in and I ask the guy at the front counter to look up the cable and see if they can get it...

Yep

How much?

$37.50.

How quick can you get me one?

I don't know... How long do you think it will take you to walk back to the parts counter... o_O

Gonna be a busy Saturday... :rolleyes:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well the first part was easy... out to lunch with a guy that needed to stop by West Marine for something. We go in and I ask the guy at the front counter to look up the cable and see if they can get it...

Yep

How much?

$37.50.

How quick can you get me one?

I don't know... How long do you think it will take you to walk back to the parts counter... o_O

Gonna be a busy Saturday... :rolleyes:
You might want to consider doing both. If one cable is bad, the other isn't far behind. You'll only be in there twice.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea... I may live to regret it, but one has been sticking and getting worse for over a year or more. The other feels like new, smooth as silk. From day one when I bought the boat I noticed that the rubber boot (at the gate) on the bad cable would never stay seated and was always sliding down... not so on the other side. I think a small zip tie may be in order there just to snug it up and keeping a seal.

I plan on making this job take less than an hour and doing it without removing the clean out tray... Guinness will be on hand for the record breaking attempt... uh... no, I meant "in" hand!