• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thank You - Cobra Jet Steering and Jeff

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jeff posted links from his forum PWCWeekly.com and his business to our forum today. I want to express my gratitude for him joining us in the open linking of related forums and for promoting us on his business website and Facebook page. I am hopeful that other forums and vendors will join him in doing so. So please, could we have a round of applause for Jeff!

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

His post on PWCWeekly.com can be seen at http://www.pwcweekly.com/showthread.php?56121-Jet-boat-forum&p=64467#post64467 and states

Jet boat forum

Although we do have a small jet boat section here, and we certainly want and encourage your participation in that section, I have also joined a new and very fast growing web page that I am posting a link to in the hopes of promoting some cross traffic between the two web sites, so feel free to visit us both . The more we learn from each other the more we all benefit. https://jetboaters.net/index.php

On Facebook he posted https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cobra-jet-steering/257584527645178

Lots of interesting things happening lately, Most recently after nearly a decade of posting thousands of threads and posts on another jet boat site I have moved on to a new and hopefully a less stressfull , More liberal site, so join me at https://jetboaters.net/index.php stop in say hello and participate if you like, and as always I am also on www.pwcweekly.com

And he linked to us from his business website

http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=63

Thank you Jeff !

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for the vote of confidence. I know we will all try to be worthy of the accolades!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nice Jeff W

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks a heap Jeff!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you Mr. Cobra Steering!! Hope we can 'steer' some sales your way soon.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have, to paraphrase Mr. Jimmy Buffett... fins on the left, fins on the right...

:rolleyes:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And thanks to you all , I'm just doing my part to promote a lifestyle that is very important to me. I have been and always will be a boater, I raised my 4 children out on the boat enjoying the islands or fishing and even camping on islands for 2 weeks a year every June, Regular boat, jet boat , jet ski or if I have to paddle a canoe or float in a tube I will somehow get out on the water . Over time I turned a passion into a vocation and in the past ten years I know I have made thousands of other peoples boating experiences better in many ways. You can tell by the number of hours I spend on the water I am a boater first and a vendor second. So here is to all the pleasure we get from watching other people and especially our loved ones enjoy our passion and sharing it with the world.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He can use this testimonial again if he lost the original. I ordered the "Cobra Jet Steering" fins the day I ordered my 2006 Yamaha SX230HO jetboat. We drove the new boat thru the break-in period of 10 hrs before installing them. Horrible handling with slow helm response followed by immediate oversteer. Installation was a 2 beer job, only because people did not recognize the jet thrusters in the rear and kept interrupting me.
The fins gave me back slow speed steering in forward and reverse. My 23 ft Yamaha can literally spin a circle around my old sterndrive....the faster, the better. I still have them on the Yamaha and they'll stay there.

I had heard about the steering "fins" from a jetboaters Internet forum and many, many members already had the fins and swore by them. I knew it was a safe bet- that many people can't be wrong. They weren't. Thanks Jeff, for a wonderful product that has helped me and my wife.

Jerry Cupp

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you again, I have been a boater most of my life, purchasing my first boat by delivering newspapers on my bicycle and saving up my money, I was too young to drive a car but I had a 14 foot boat with a 40 evinrude, I rode my bike to the marina nearly every day during the summer.
Spent the day on the water slolom skiing and driving around Webster lake. I pulled friends on skies for gas money , 50 cents would buy 2 gallons back then. Pulled some more skiers for lunch money. I hated the winter months so when I was 20 I moved to Florida where I get to boat all year long.
One year I purchased a jet boat , I was heartbroken when I first took it out on the water, I had been driving boats all those years and never would I have believed a jet boat would handle so badly.
This was a regal rush 90 hp single engine . I decided to design a retrofit steering system to the boat and make it steer or I would just get rid of it.
That was about 11 or 12 years ago and the rest is history, three us patents later and many design changes during those years.
I didn't go out and choose to do this it came and found me .
I just did what I needed to do to make a boat handle the way I wanted it to.
The second I drove the boat for the first time with the steering added I started to smile and from there I couldn't get enough of it.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC. I am waiting delivery of your latest product to replace your first generation fins. They have been great. Your years of experrience are also a big plus here.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I look forward to your report on them , thanks

Victor Kelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you again, I have been a boater most of my life, purchasing my first boat by delivering newspapers on my bicycle and saving up my money, I was too young to drive a car but I had a 14 foot boat with a 40 evinrude, I rode my bike to the marina nearly every day during the summer.
Spent the day on the water slolom skiing and driving around Webster lake. I pulled friends on skies for gas money , 50 cents would buy 2 gallons back then. Pulled some more skiers for lunch money. I hated the winter months so when I was 20 I moved to Florida where I get to boat all year long.
One year I purchased a jet boat , I was heartbroken when I first took it out on the water, I had been driving boats all those years and never would I have believed a jet boat would handle so badly.
This was a regal rush 90 hp single engine . I decided to design a retrofit steering system to the boat and make it steer or I would just get rid of it.
That was about 11 or 12 years ago and the rest is history, three us patents later and many design changes during those years.
I didn't go out and choose to do this it came and found me .
I just did what I needed to do to make a boat handle the way I wanted it to.
The second I drove the boat for the first time with the steering added I started to smile and from there I couldn't get enough of it.
I wanted to improve my boats performance so I looked up Cobra Jet steering and noticed the area code on Jeff's phone number was nearby so I called and we talked for a bit. Jeff was incredibly helpful and took time to explain options for improving the steering on my boat and then he offered to meet me at his house so we wouldn't have to mail the fins. I jumped at the chance to get the fins a few days earlier in person rather than wait on delivery, then he blew me away with his next offer. "Bring your boat and I will install the fins and plugs for you". The next morning I was at his house shooting the breeze while he installed the plug locks and fins and an hour after that I was backing off the boat trailer and the steering difference was immediately noticeable. A great improvement at low speeds and very very solid at high speeds. I can't wait for a few friends (and my wife) who tried to drive the boat before to see the difference it's a real improvement absolutely worth the nominal cost. I can't say enough about the service and quality except "Thanks Jeff, you made my summer"

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That's just the kinda guy he is!
I love my new Ultimates!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks so much ! It turns out Victor was a member of the old site , somehow he saw something about the COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE SALE posted on this site . He may have seen it on the pwc site or facebook unless one of you guys posted something on the dark side . In any event he is now a member of this site also and if he needs information about his boat I am sure he will have no problem getting correct answers here quicker than any other web page around.

And remember all steering is definitely not the same COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE not only puts you in control of your YAMAHA jet boat it also puts you in CONTROL OF THE STEERING ! HIGH SPEED, LOW SPEED, EVEN OFF POWER YOU DECIDE the EXACT EFFECT that suits YOUR PERSONAL PREFRENCE.
Covered by one or more of the following U S patents 6561858, 6702630 and 8425269.

Tony Jarvis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeffs product is the best I bought a used 2013 ar240 it had trust vectors and I said HAD the boat was wishy washy at low speeds and at hi speeds the steering was hard for my wife
I had done a lot of research as to why the boat wasn't that fun as I thought it would be.
So I came across Jeffs cobra steering and fangs looked him up and called him we talked for about 20 minutes so I bought them from him he promised me I would like the boat after installation which I met him and he did it for no charge we spent more time talking than him installing both engines
I went home put the boat in the water and at that point I got the boat I had expected everything he had told me was true
So don't go by price his product well beyond expectations
Thank you Jeff