• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cobra Jet Super Ultimate AK-19 installed on my AR-190. Took me about an hour and half. I know that’s a long time.
If you've got the time, there should never be a race to do things right. Costlier mistakes often happen when we're in a rush. You done good.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you've got the time, there should never be a race to do things right. Costlier mistakes often happen when we're in a rush. You done good.
I watched each step in the video two times or more then referred to the written instructions for each step. That’s what added more time but the result was doing each step once and not having to go back and redo a step. It’s really not difficult to install.

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed a Rockville 12" powered sub tube yesterday, and my Keel Guard today. I have everything upgraded before her maiden voyage. Basically everything I learned and upgraded on my prior boat. The sub isn't a marine grade unit, but it's tucked away in the gunwale where it should be relatively protected, and for the price it was worth the experiment.

IMG_20210405_172858089.jpg IMG_20210405_162630817.jpg

Last edited:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in the process of removing my old turf. Someone at the factory had a hay day with the glue I think! When installing your new matts, did you just remove the backing or did you use additional glue. Just curious how it's holding up if you just peeled off the backing.
That was my old boat. I seen it for sale on marketplace the other day and it had all of the original pieces on it. Removing the old turf I just did it in the winter months and everything came right off in the single sheet. A little brake clean to make sure all the residue was off.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a pretty productive weekend. Would have preferred to be out on the water but really wanted to tackle a few items first.

First one up was the anchor drain. Wanted to replace it and go with the stainless steel one. Kind of a pain to remove, used some automotive plastic trim removing tools as @adrianp89 suggested with lots of painters tape around the drain. It helped in pulling out the old plastic drain but then it snapped in half, so had to fish out the remainder with a small flat head screw driver. Good thing is that it appears as if in my case the hole is solid all the way through, but the plastic drain doesn't reach inside. Had to enlarge the hole a little bit with a drill bit for the new drain to fit.

Interior shot. Pardon the plant material, no idea how those blew in there.
AnchorDrain-Pre.jpg

Getting Started
ANchorDrainExt-1-Pre.jpg

Old plug removed, solid through
AnchorDrianExt-2-Pre.jpg

Another pic of drain hole showing all the way through.
AnchorDrainExt-3-Pre.jpg

FInished product
AnchorDrainExt-Post.jpg

Installed Sand Anchor straps, credit goes to @Sotally Tober for this idea. Now im ready for the local sandbar/beaches.
SandAnchor-Strap.jpg

SandAnchorStraps.jpg

SandAnchor.jpg

"installed" the PortAPotty for the girls
PortAPotty.jpg

Added mesh screen cellphone holders. Cant remember the members name that suggested it. They match the factory mesh so it looks as if they came that way. Going to add two more to the bow of the boat.

CellPhoneHOlder-1.jpg

CellPhoneHOlder-2.jpg

Also added a small tool kit to the boat.
Now to take her out again and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Link for the cellphone holder things, and details on sand anchor?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link for the cellphone holder things, and details on sand anchor?
Sand Anchor rubber straps

Sand Slide Anchor

Mesh cell phone holders

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
X2 for the link for the cell phone holders.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Added mesh screen cellphone holders. Cant remember the members name that suggested it. They match the factory mesh so it looks as if they came that way. Going to add two more to the bow of the boat.
That was @Sotally Tober with his super build, one of a kind, dream boat with a striper pole. Gotta luv it!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was @Sotally Tober with his super build, one of a kind, dream boat with a striper pole. Gotta luv it!
Ah, ok didn't remember where I got the idea from, figures.
Lol, yeah, super, duper dream build, living vicariously through him for that build, lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ah, ok didn't remember where I got the idea from, figures.
Lol, yeah, super, duper dream build, living vicariously through him for that build, lol.
I've seen pictures from previous boat outings. Crazy wild times...dreaming keeps us alive (literally!).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Would that anchor be good for ~2 feet of water at the sandbar? Any idea how it does with heavy currents?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would that anchor be good for ~2 feet of water at the sandbar? Any idea how it does with heavy currents?
Either the spike or a screw anchor with a 45* bend in it. I put the bend in it so I don't have to use a pole ar anything other than my hand to screw it into the sand.
1619453956952.png

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, if on a lake I use that all the time as my rear anchor with a regular fin type up front. (so I dont swing into other boats when the breeze changes direction.) (in closer to three feet of water) I tie a buoy to it so that it's more visible.

Either the spike or a screw anchor with a 45* bend in it. I put the bend in it so I don't have to use a pole ar anything other than my hand to screw it into the sand.
View attachment 147982
I have seen SOOOO many people have this fail on our lake. when it cant hold my 60 lb lab puppy in clay, it sure as shit cant hold a 5,000 lb boat.
but your soils may be different. ( they also tend to have a very very short rode vs a long one so the boat bobbing yanks on it constantly up/down)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes, if on a lake I use that all the time as my rear anchor with a regular fin type up front. (so I dont swing into other boats when the breeze changes direction.) (in closer to three feet of water) I tie a buoy to it so that it's more visible.

I have seen SOOOO many people have this fail on our lake. when it cant hold my 60 lb lab puppy in clay, it sure as shit cant hold a 5,000 lb boat.
but your soils may be different. ( they also tend to have a very very short rode vs a long one so the boat bobbing yanks on it constantly up/down)
The sandbar we go to is a ICW with the strong currents ripping from the gulf.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The sandbar we go to is a ICW with the strong currents ripping from the gulf.
I've not had it in currents. @seanmclean recommended it to me and I know he uses it in the river against tide/flow as well so maybe he can comment.
When I"m near a sandbar/beach. I usually run it up onto the beach. The self impact handle is what makes it so awesome.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't tried it yet, but heard very good reviews of it. I tried a screw in type last time out to Egmont and it pulled it right up when the surf picked up and I started to drift. Luckily there were no other boats around. Since the tie point is lower on the unit , it should hold pretty well. You can drive it really deep into the sand with the impact handle.

Granted you cant compare weight wise but some folks I know use a smaller but similar one on their wave runners with good success.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 36" screw and most times I bury it 2' in the sand with no issues but have seen some pull out on others that only screw it in less that 1' and tie off close to it. When we go the the Mississippi river we throw the fluke style out of the bow and back in at the beach, then use the screw anchor on the beach waterline. Strong current there and haven't had an issue yet.