• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

I think it was 2013 when I installed the complete seadek kit from @JetBoatPilot. It's one of my favorite mods. I literally have not touched it in 9 years. It's due for a good cleaning as the white has turned to grey, the light grey -> dark grey, and the dark grey to an even darker grey. I just power washed the rear hatch and you can definitely see the difference. In this picture of my daughter surfing you can see the back hatch and the lower step compared to the upper step. 9 years of dirt but it never looked bad. I chose the snow camo for 3 reasons. Matches my boat colors, doesn't show dirt (until you wash only a part of it), and hides dings very well. View attachment 183488 I don't think they make this pattern anymore but they might make something similar.

That’s amazing that it hides the wear and grunge so well. They do still make that pattern, I came across it when I was doing mine. I did the Aqua Camo, and for the same reasons you did. Gonna show the wife, she likes our color, but wasn't sold on the "hides dirt" part, since we still have the gray Marine Mat on the swim deck, and she hates how dirty it gets, and how terrible it looks. I may be replacing it sooner than I wanted once she sees your pics!

I think you may have been my inspiration for going with the Camo pattern, but I'm a cheapskate, and I DIY'd mine. I agree, it's the best mod to date. Stops the coolers from sliding all over the place as well, which was a nice side benefit. Kudos to you!

How do you get on/off the boat with that setup?

I accidentally had the wide angle lens selected, so its not as far from the dock as it looks. Most of the bow overlaps with the docks in between each boat (our older dog is able to jump back and forth easily).

Lucky you! I wish I had a lift at my slip instead of high and dry service. Would open up more boating opportunities, especially on days the marina is closed.

I sprayed this shit on my bunks... Let me tell you, it's literally like I have rollers under this boat now! It slid right off, and glided right up on the trailer. This stuff is awesome. Bunk Lubricant Liquid Roller | West Marine

Attachments

• bunk.png
    bunk.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 7
Keep that safety chain and winch strap tight when backing up :)
That's for sure... I never had to before, but when we pulled up onto the trailer, it slid back down before I could hook it... never happened before this was applied.

Last year before JBP switched to Marine Mat, I ordered a bunch of optional Seadek pieces for my boat. No fault of their own, the Seadek color didn’t match, it was somewhat darker. I installed it anyway and just went with it. Last month the wife and I were at the lake for a week so she spent a lot of time with the boat. Well during that time she noticed the Seadek didn’t match and wanted to know why, so I explained. She said, “well you need to change it, it looks stupid”. Ok great I said. So here is my new project that arrived today.
75E5120E-0FC4-4E1B-B83B-B1B52715682C.jpeg

Looks great! What is the mixing ratio?
It's an ounce per gallon which cannot be adjusted. I think is too much as it gets used quickly. They said to dilute the solution prior to filling the tank.

If you pick one up, make sure the water pressure is regulated to 40 lbs. Mines at 60 and found out why. :oops:

Replacing Jack - Attempt #2 after bending my first one. This is definitely the most sturdy - also lifts the highest. First photo is the first replacement that bent after a tire change. Second is the new one I put on today.
63320292-F13B-408B-98C7-68A04A9F7FAF.jpeg
97185324-B86B-4ECB-ADE8-E4D381C61F70.jpeg

Replacing Jack - Attempt #2 after bending my first one. This is definitely the most sturdy - also lifts the highest. First photo is the first replacement that bent after a tire change. Second is the new one I put on today.
View attachment 183880
View attachment 183881

Does the new one rotate out of the way?
I think I prefer that style over the factory one with one wheel. It always feels flimsy as if it will collapse.

Does the new one rotate out of the way?
I think I prefer that style over the factory one with one wheel. It always feels flimsy as if it will collapse.
Exactly, although my first replacement was much thicker, rated for a 20k trailer and had two wheels - it still bent at the point of rotation where it folds up. This one does not and I immediately noticed a difference when I stood in the bow, there is zero rocking, it feels super stable. Here is a link if your interested.

Seachoice Heavy Duty Trailer Jack, Fixed Mount Jack w/Drop Leg, 28.6 in. of Lift, Max Load 2,500 Lbs. https://a.co/d/i0xBELe

A lot of people like the ARK too, which does fold but has double slots for everything. When I bought this they were sold out of the galvanized version so I didn’t have much of a choice, but I’m really happy now.

Not sure I could do the fixed, although it looks nice and sturdy. I like the ability to move the boat on the trailer off the vehicle, came into play a few times when I drop the boat and trailer at hotel in a spot. Its nice to be able to swing the tongue of the trailer out of the way in the driveway or hooking up I can move the trailer with boat on it either right or left if I am in a tight spot. Also I have had to unhook the trailer when the boat is off and slide the trailer around.

No way I could lift the tongue to move it.

Not sure I could do the fixed, although it looks nice and sturdy. I like the ability to move the boat on the trailer off the vehicle, came into play a few times when I drop the boat and trailer at hotel in a spot. Its nice to be able to swing the tongue of the trailer out of the way in the driveway or hooking up I can move the trailer with boat on it either right or left if I am in a tight spot. Also I have had to unhook the trailer when the boat is off and slide the trailer around.

No way I could lift the tongue to move it.
I am pretty sure they also sell different legs, including ones with wheels. So you could still have a fixed mount, but one with wheels. Also, I originally needed to do the same thing so I had a Trailer Valet on it and use that as the Jack. Makes it super easy and simple to move the trailer around with a hand crank or with a Power Drill. Once I moved into my current storage spot, I no longer needed it, but I’m still a big fan and seems like it would be perfect for you. Watch their promo videos on YouTube.

Exactly, although my first replacement was much thicker, rated for a 20k trailer and had two wheels - it still bent at the point of rotation where it folds up. This one does not and I immediately noticed a difference when I stood in the bow, there is zero rocking, it feels super stable. Here is a link if your interested.

Seachoice Heavy Duty Trailer Jack, Fixed Mount Jack w/Drop Leg, 28.6 in. of Lift, Max Load 2,500 Lbs. https://a.co/d/i0xBELe

A lot of people like the ARK too, which does fold but has double slots for everything. When I bought this they were sold out of the galvanized version so I didn’t have much of a choice, but I’m really happy now.

Thanks for the info. My driveway is slanted so there is no way i could push or move my 25' boat up the incline without my SUV's help. Also, my boat storage locations is crushed rock/dirt so again a wheel doesnt come in handy. Im going to look into this one with a pad instead of a wheel.

Funny thing is that my waverunner trailer comes with a double wheel trailer jack and the boat with a single wheel trailer jack.

Installed 4 Phender pro’s on the boat Friday ( my first holes drilled in the boat) Had a great day on the water yesterday. The Phender pros were awesome. Wife really liked how easy they were. She was having a hard time doing the fenders to get them right and this made it a breeze. A2658310-27B7-4E34-8544-2305BB0CBAB2.jpeg

Installed 4 Phender pro’s on the boat Friday ( my first holes drilled in the boat) Had a great day on the water yesterday. The Phender pros were awesome. Wife really liked how easy they were. She was having a hard time doing the fenders to get them right and this made it a breeze. View attachment 184063
Where did you buy them from?

I just bought them off Amazon. I bought the install tool as well that way I didn’t have to get to the back side. Worked great. First one took maybe 10 minutes cause I didn’t want to screw up. The next 3 took less than 5 minutes. Super easy.

Back