• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We brought her home from storage last weekend so I finally had a chance to spend some time with her. I uncovered her and removed the partially inflated tube, raised the bimini and turned on the battery. While I was getting to the battery switch I realized that the shocks that hold open my gull-wing storage doors are shot. Gotta replace those. Had power so I turned on the stereo and cracked a cold Shiner. It's good to have her home!20181110_141935.jpg I thought about doing a little cleaning, but I didn't want to spend that much time out since it was a chilly out and there was college football coming on soon. So I finished my beer and hooked up the battery charger and said 'bye' for now.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Report from Saturday: First time out after Lateral Thruster install (which was a travesty--but that is for another thread). So got to try that out and begin to learn how it works in real life. Was surprised how quickly I got the hang of it....

Then changed the oil. Brought out a set of 6 little plastic containers from Costco. Emptied many of the compartments and organized the whole thing into those little boxes. Very happy with the results.

Yes, I should have taken a pic, but I didn't. Maybe next time out. Next week (he said hopefully)?

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Completed the 10 hr service.

Was pretty simple.

Only scare was the neighbor lifted the rear hatch while the boat was running, killing the motor while the water was on, caught it quickly so no damage was done.

Also. The boat was on a level surface, yet with the trailer as low as it could go the motor never was completely level.
FE4584DD-6B45-4B37-9968-2E05FCD4B38E.jpeg

F9F95856-985C-4BB2-A0F5-F70761727874.jpeg 13796259-FABE-4415-88E6-57D21EAD85A7.jpeg EC8B0F1B-5804-44F7-A804-8953C9812D81.jpeg

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Upgraded the Shoreland’r tires and wheels, I feel much safer after my first flat 2 months after buying the boat with Goodyear (made in USA) Endurance tires under me. The look is also much improved over galvanised rims

Attachments

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Upgraded the Shoreland’r tires and wheels, I feel much safer after my first flat 2 months after buying the boat with Goodyear (made in USA) Endurance tires under me. The look is also much improved over galvanised rims
Where are the rims/tires from? Online? Local? Looks great!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rims and tires from ecustomhitch through Amazon but you can buy direct also.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I always hate this time of the year :(. She’s filled up, Stabil and giving her a fresh Salt Away flush before putting her away for the year.

D4B6F740-685C-4240-8993-B18B62A93C6C.jpeg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I always hate this time of the year :(. She’s filled up, Stabil and giving her a fresh Salt Away flush before putting her away for the year.

View attachment 85392
You gotta winterize in AL? Bummer... I would just take a couple weekend trips south in the winter down to the Gulf. In fact, we are trying to figure that out for next year to lessen the pain of winter. I mean, if we can get down there for Bimini trip, and visiting a family twice in one year already over in Tampa, why not in the winter, right?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You gotta winterize in AL? Bummer... I would just take a couple weekend trips south in the winter down to the Gulf. In fact, we are trying to figure that out for next year to lessen the pain of winter. I mean, if we can get down there for Bimini trip, and visiting a family twice in one year already over in Tampa, why not in the winter, right?
Well we don't really have a winterization here where you need to fog and all that. Although we did have snow a few times last year so who knows with our crazy weather lol. My boat stays in the garage at home so it's only a matter of pulling it out if there's a really nice day. It's just been crap weather for over a month with rain nearly every weekend so I figured I'd tuck her away in case she doesn't get run for a while.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well not what I did "today" but a couple of days ago. My boat sits in the side yard 24/7 with an aftermarket cover on it. I also keep a 9 watt boat heater in it to keep it dry and prevent mold. That's all that is needed through the whole winter because our Redding CA winters are quite mild (not warm for boating though). Every 3 or 4 years we get snow that only lasts less than 24 hours before it all melts. But this year we were hit with 11" of very heavy snow. It completely took out the cover. When the cover ripped both over the cockpit and bow the snow on the cover dumped into the boat. Then it continued to snow into the boat. No real damage. Just a big mess.

I swept the snow off the remaining cover, tossed the torn-up cover in the trash, and proceeded to get the snow out of the boat with a plastic dust-pan. That took me over an hour. The snow was very heavy. I then installed a cover I had already purchased and hat on a shelf in the garage. I still have to remove the new cover, take the seats out to dry, open the storage areas to let the carpet dry, and wipe down the whole boat.

What a mess...

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Were the JL Audio MX650 Speakers a direct fit without mods? I have a 212X as well, considering replacing the speakers.
think needed new screw hole drilled that was it... perfect fit!

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
AA165793-2312-4C38-A906-98F00DA63988.jpeg
I looked at mine, wishing there wasn’t 2 feet of ice on the lake.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Added spare tire and cover to the trailer. Most upgrades so far have been trailer (bow roller , aluminum wheels and Goodyear Endurance tires and guide posts). Probably done on trailer for now.
4477E30B-36C1-4FD0-A35F-F6BED2CBEFB4.jpeg

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Knocking out the towing checklist for Key West trip in June. Radials, new Shorelander fenders and Air Lift Wireless One for the GMC Sierra.

9FE32179-D4B2-4B79-A53B-5E52284B6C67.jpeg
9AF1D1A4-37CF-4F7D-BF69-FEAD528244EB.jpeg0E50856E-02A4-4C60-9F89-7ACBD5A9B78A.jpeg