• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@suke Looks amazing!

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Put my "little girl" in it and took her fishing for the first time (had been waiting for me to install the Seadek).

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
She's a sweet heart... only with 200psi more clamp than an Africa lion :cool:

I'm 6'1" and 250lbs for size comparison.

Back on topic with the thread, later in the day I finished machining the mounting plate for my Riptide Ulterra. Will be next week before I get it mounted up though. Still waiting on my freakin 36v 80ah lithium battery... going on two months now! Will have pics then.

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks... Wife wants another...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any noticeable improvement on sound?
Very much so. I did the ski locker and the fuel door. I have yet to do the engine compartment, as the stock foam is still in good condition.

It is noticeable for me, as I knew how loud it was prior. But the average passenger will still consider the twin 1.8's a bit on the loud side. I do think it is better though, as a person can have a conversation while putt-putting.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally mounted my fire extinguisher today.
Did you mount it behind the helm? If so, did you drill into the floorboard? I need to install mine but I don't want to drill in the wrong place! TIA.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I put mine under the port side rear seat in my battery compartment. Its mounted to the divider between my ballast bag and batteries & amps.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Blew the cobwebs out on a lap of Richland Chambers here in Texas! Burned a quarter tank of gas.
That sounds great! How's the lake looking so far for the season? Where do you launch from?

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That sounds great! How's the lake looking so far for the season? Where do you launch from?
Well we started February about 5 feet down... ended February with 4 gates open on the dam releasing water!! Lake is at optimal level with 2 gates still open. I live in Cape Estes and use our community ramp. At the lake not on it... lol

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well we started February about 5 feet down... ended February with 4 gates open on the dam releasing water!! Lake is at optimal level with 2 gates still open. I live in Cape Estes and use our community ramp. At the lake not on it... lol
Cool! Living on the lake, to me, is overrated and just too expensive. Being near it is good enough. The Corp is preparing the area lakes for all the spring rains that are expected. They have been continuously dropping Texoma for the same reason. The last I checked it was two feet below full pool. In my opinion that is not enough for all the rain that is expected. It'll probably be another flooded Memorial Day weekend like last year.

Do you have a ramp to recommend in the area of the lake that is preferred? We've been on your lake a few times and found a ramp off the highway coming out of Corsicana. It was a private one that cost $5 that you paid in the gas station/convenience store. It's a nice ramp, but you have to drive through a dirt and gravel lot to get to it. There's a small marina/dock area there too with a few boats. We may be coming down that direction if we don't want to go to Joe Pool for day trips this summer. I'll try and PM you if we do to see if you want to meetup. Cheers!

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool! Living on the lake, to me, is overrated and just too expensive. Being near it is good enough. The Corp is preparing the area lakes for all the spring rains that are expected. They have been continuously dropping Texoma for the same reason. The last I checked it was two feet below full pool. In my opinion that is not enough for all the rain that is expected. It'll probably be another flooded Memorial Day weekend like last year.

Do you have a ramp to recommend in the area of the lake that is preferred? We've been on your lake a few times and found a ramp off the highway coming out of Corsicana. It was a private one that cost $5 that you paid in the gas station/convenience store. It's a nice ramp, but you have to drive through a dirt and gravel lot to get to it. There's a small marina/dock area there too with a few boats. We may be coming down that direction if we don't want to go to Joe Pool for day trips this summer. I'll try and PM you if we do to see if you want to meetup. Cheers!
Fisherman’s point is right down from me. It’s on the southeast end of the lake. They have a nice ramp, campground, restaurant etc but you will find gravel drive there also. I like RC because it’s never real crowed it seems. I am two lots off the water with no houses in between so I have a good view.

Vandkyle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in the in the great state of Michigan, and outside of boating season (which is far too short), this is my favorite time of year. College basketball conference tournaments, prepping for March Madness, and the start of the MLB season. The only problem...everything is cancelled! Great opportunity to detail the inside of my boat! Hurry up warm weather!37EC6759-286A-4F52-8CD0-97820B115732.jpeg

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had our boat in the shop for 3 weeks and she’s finally home! Had a new tower installed just in time for the summer boating season. Shout out to Karma Kustoms in Melbourne Fl. We first heard about them on Deer Meat for Dinner on YouTube. Great guys and they do awesome custom work. Customer service is great and their quality of work speaks volumes. 5771422C-2853-4681-931F-45B66126C5F6.jpegFC98CC3F-7A1E-4956-A573-D274DBF2828C.jpeg34FDE497-9E16-4C38-B074-37D96DF3F90A.jpeg

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had our boat in the shop for 3 weeks and she’s finally home! Had a new tower installed just in time for the summer boating season. Shout out to Karma Kustoms in Melbourne Fl. We first heard about them on Deer Meat for Dinner on YouTube. Great guys and they do awesome custom work. Customer service is great and their quality of work speaks volumes. View attachment 113559View attachment 113560View attachment 113561
I know this is rude but what is the damages on a tower like that? Does it fold? Mine doesn’t fold and I’m tired of taking the tower apart to get it in my building!

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the tower I purchased on the form it was a damaged tower meaning the navigation light was hit we’re going on the bridge so I purchased it on the form got the Tower fix painted and mounted in total of buying the tower and getting the work done $3000 what’s the total get it in stores supported all that good stuff. And yes the tower does fold.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the tower I purchased on the form it was a damaged tower meaning the navigation light was hit we’re going on the bridge so I purchased it on the form got the Tower fix painted and mounted in total of buying the tower and getting the work done $3000 what’s the total get it in stores supported all that good stuff. And yes the tower does fold.
Thanks. That’s a lot more than I was hoping for. I was quoted $4000 to raise the garage door on my building. Then I wouldn’t need a folding tower. Tough decision. Plus the odds of me finding a tower is slim to none. Thank you for the reply. Yours looks real nice! Enjoy!