• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

There are TWO changes to EVERY boat in the 2017 line up! And one other change...

mdboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've only had my 2015 AR210 for a year now, so I'm not sure...What's the issue with the plugs blowing out? Is it because boaters don't seat them properly? Or is there a design flaw?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've only had my 2015 AR210 for a year now, so I'm not sure...What's the issue with the plugs blowing out? Is it because boaters don't seat them properly? Or is there a design flaw?
If the dogs on the current plugs release for whatever reason or weren't seated properly, there is a chance it could blow out of the tube and damage the hatch and in worst cases could allow water to quickly flood the boat back there and into the engine compartment at a rate the single bilge couldn't keep up with. That's why as lot of us take extra precaution of preventing a blowout by using either EZ Locks or Tru-Locks.

mdboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the dogs on the current plugs release for whatever reason or weren't seated properly, there is a chance it could blow out of the tube and damage the hatch and in worst cases could allow water to quickly flood the boat back there and into the engine compartment at a rate the single bilge couldn't keep up with. That's why as lot of us take extra precaution of preventing a blowout by using either EZ Locks or Tru-Locks.
We're talking about the jet clean out plugs accessible by the swim platform, right? I thought (and I'll have to look) that the cylindrical cavity that those plugs sit in, are all closed in, with no access to the engine compartment? I must be missing something here.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We're talking about the jet clean out plugs accessible by the swim platform, right? I thought (and I'll have to look) that the cylindrical cavity that those plugs sit in, are all closed in, with no access to the engine compartment? I must be missing something here.
When you open the hatch you'll see a black tube each of the plugs sit inside of. This tube is only held on by band clamps at the top and bottom and when/if a plug blows out it comes out with a lot of force. If water doesn't blow the tube out its just going to blow up to the wet storage area under the hatch where it will just flow back into the bilge of the boat.

Watch this to better understand.

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I really like the new 212x but its hard to justify the $58k sticker when you can get a ar240 for $54k

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm so glad Yamaha is continuing to upgrade and improve their entire product line. I am envious of the innovations on the new models!
Yamaha seems to be listening to owners ideas or complaints and making improvements based on feedback from customers.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like the new 212x but its hard to justify the $58k sticker when you can get a ar240 for $54k
I am not that into watersports and my kids are too young so the X is an easy pass for me, but I share your sentiments. How much aftermarket money do you need to put into the 212x to make it a serious watersports platform, and how much money would you have to put into an ar240 to make it just as serious of a watersports platform?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot What's your take on the new flooring? Is this new Sea- Dek material available to you? Plans of a 'glue sheet' in the works for 2017 owners that want their flooring glued down?
I'm hoping that @JetBoatPilot is thinking about making the removable mats for older models since they have all the templates. I like the non-glued SeaMat concept.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I definitely like the changes. And I can see why some are having mixed reviews on the flush ports. However, it would work better for me in my current set up (boat parked on the side of my house). While flushing, I have to go to the back of the boat to turn the water on, so I'm back there anyway. But my current set up, granted it's an older model, I can't open/close my engine hatch while flushing. The seat on the hatch crosses the hose. :(

Fozzy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can the new clean out plugs be retrofitted to an older boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I can't believe you left off another standard feature across all models (excluding the FSH for obvious reasons) but they all come with hinged seats! Finally!! :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"
Sorry to say that this is not the case. The 190 series boats do NOT have hinged seats (Yamaha's website says they do...they are correcting that ASAP) neither the 190 or 195s

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty sure you can order hydro turf or seadek from the manufacturer without the 3M adhesive. All they did is add snaps. Pretty slick in my opinion. I still like the Berber carpet though. Wash twice a year and it's fine.

deancastor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My take on flush ports is I Like! Don't have to drag hose into boat. I've never had a problem hopping from cockpit to stern and it's a great place to sit and have a cold beer while engine flushes...but that's just me!

Jace LaValle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm hoping that @JetBoatPilot is thinking about making the removable mats for older models since they have all the templates. I like the non-glued SeaMat concept.
Also wondering this! Would like to be able to switch between carpet and seamat. Personally I really like the carpet also.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still don't quite get it, the removable Seamat. The Seamat WILL get wet underneath, and will get moldy unless cleaned and dried. With carpet, roll it up for transport, seems much more of a chore with Seamat.
Seadek is not an issue, it's part of the floor basically.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am looking into the durability and longevity results for this new mat Yamaha has chosen.

I know for a fact the swim platform pads on the SX210 and AR210 will perform just like hydroturf because it is hydroturf. We once sold it under the name Hydro-Teak. It will powder in about two years. That's why we dropped it.

I will post results here when we have hard facts on the new product.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I figured those 210 mats were something cheap. At least they look better than the old hydroturf though.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your 16 came stock with sea deck? Maybe they changed last year and I missed it
My 2016 AR240 also came with SeaDeck on the swim platform and front hatch. Ditching the carpet next year and finishing it all that way if $$ allows. H8 the cheap plastic-like carpeting.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is my take on the engine flush placement:

When I flush the engines, I keep the hatch open and use a hose shut off in order to be able to keep everything needed within reach. With the ports on the back deck, you'll need to open/close the engine hatch to get to them.

Now, perhaps the amount of time that can pass with or without water running is not what we believe and this type of instant reaction isn't necessary and having them on the swim platform provides for solving the problem of getting water in the boat (I've never had this happen).

I'm thinking a 4' hose with a shut off at the connector point will provide the extension needed to keep everything within reach should make this a minor inconvenience.