• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

There are TWO changes to EVERY boat in the 2017 line up! And one other change...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf we have a 212 Limited S on order and will be creating a full SeaDek kit for it very soon. we will also pull out the factory mats and have them evaluated so we can tell if the material will be equivalent to SeaDek or inferior. I'm pretty sure I know the maker and if their history holds true the material will be bargain basement so they can sell at a lower price.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2250.jpg
I asked that and it will fit, but it will NOT line up with your carpeting snaps....you would have to move and/or put in new snaps. I asked that question specifically for my boat..... :-(
Sea mat can be added to boats that have previously been set up for carpet. The mats come with a snap kit that require you to install the snaps to fit to your already installed snaps on the deck for your stock carpet kit. You simple place the new mats over the existing snaps on the floor, use pool cue chalk to mark the back side of the mats ( you rub it on the snap on the floor) to where you need to install your snap on the sea mat, then using the correct snap install tool, install your snap onto the sea mat. You will have to contact the company and ask if they would sell directly to the public, don't know if they do or not, if not they could tell you who your nearest dealer is. Here is my 192 with the sea mat kit installed to the original carpet snaps.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_2249.JPG
The quality seems real nice, can't see it having anymore issues then the sea deck brand, lets face it even sea deck fryes in the florida sun if its not taken care of. No issues yet.

Last edited:

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you, The true name to the company making the snap in mat kit is Marine Mat, based in florida. Its not sea mat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 45084
Sea mat can be added to boats that have previously been set up for carpet. The mats come with a snap kit that require you to install the snaps to fit to your already installed snaps on the deck for your stock carpet kit. You simple place the new mats over the existing snaps on the floor, use pool cue chalk to mark the back side of the mats ( you rub it on the snap on the floor) to where you need to install your snap on the sea mat, then using the correct snap install tool, install your snap onto the sea mat. You will have to contact the company and ask if they would sell directly to the public, don't know if they do or not, if not they could tell you who your nearest dealer is. Here is my 192 with the sea mat kit installed to the original carpet snaps.
I was referring to the kits that Yamaha sells....they will not line up with your existing carpet snaps (they will have the snaps pre-installed by Yamaha).

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was referring to the kits that Yamaha sells....they will not line up with your existing carpet snaps (they will have the snaps pre-installed by Yamaha).
Yes, very true, But you maybe able to buy the kit without the snaps installed and you install them where you need them from Marine mat them self.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still don't quite get it, the removable Seamat. The Seamat WILL get wet underneath, and will get moldy unless cleaned and dried. With carpet, roll it up for transport, seems much more of a chore with Seamat.
Seadek is not an issue, it's part of the floor basically.
As nice as the Seadek is, it doesn't last forever. It does get damaged and it does wear out. Replacing a full cockpit of stuck-down Seadek is a major PITA for me. The idea of having Seadek look-and-feel with easy replacement is what I'm interested in.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not s fan of snaps -love the Seadek I have in. It stays covered unless in use so it'll never dry fry thankfully.

The clean out change is a great one.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length