• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle resess.... whats the trick?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
how do you get the throttle recess out? I am talking bout the black molded piece the throttles are mounted to.
image.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm actually looking to see if the molded fiberglass piece the throttle assembly is mounted to can come out. I see it is clearly a separate piece from the white cockpit liner but is it removeable? I'm looking at relocating the kill switch and flush mounting a VHF there and will need access behind it to do so. I may just have to pull the throttles and work through that opening.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, ok. . . . I was obviously mistaken. Though the throttles will likely have to come off before you can remove it, so this may still be of SOME use. ;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I want to move the kill switch and flush mount a VHF in that general area. Mods for Bimini next year. I have a long and growing list for the winter.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@Englewoodcowboy if your look in the rear storage area, there is a board that can be removed with one screw. That will give you access to behind that area. You would be surprised how much room is in the storage compartment for you to get in and stretch out. I seem to be the guy who gets that job whenever we do installs here at the shop

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@B_Mutter are you talking about the board that separates the front compartment to the back or the back compartment from the motor compartment?

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
when you lift up the seat cushion directly behind the drivers seat... if you look in and towards the left there is a small board with one screw in the bottom with an "L" bracket. Remove that and you will see all behind where you want to go. I'm only 5'6" tall but I can get in there and get my arms a pretty good ways. I know I can reach that kill switch no problem.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up.