• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tire Pressure

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Regarding the dealer shutting the water off after shutting the engines off....as long as it was pretty quick....no issues from my perspective....it will take a long time to fill up the exhaust and enter the engine. I'd love to test this and see if it is even physically possible with a hose.....I doubt it. Likely possible with an engine forcing water up the intake while driving it on the water, but without that intake pressure, I think the water will follow gravity out the intake and exhaust (my 2 cents).

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok everybody I finally got the friggin winter cover off and found the sticker with the tire pressure. It DOES say 50 PSI is the correct pressure. I do find it a little strange though that the prescribed pressure is also the max pressure allowed as indicated on the tire wall. Thanks for all the advice.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to stir the pot more.....I just read the michelin RV load and inflation tables. They recommend weighing each axle (at a scale), then setting the tire pressure from their tables, using the pressure for the heaviest axle for all tires. Goodyear is similar but takes the GVW and subtracts the tongue weight then divides by 4, then set the pressure based on their tables. Food for thought. Cam.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Cam.

Towing your trailer frame level will help reduce wear on your front axle tires. Every day I see dual and triple axle trailers being towed with the tongue way too low.