• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tower speakers installed

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excited to complete the installation of my tower speakers tonight. Now we just need rain for the low north Texas lakes.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Man, those look pretty. Very nice, pro-style install around the transitions on the tower and from tower to boat. Good job.

Fantastic work. In the process of doing my tower speakers as well. Let us know how those Rockfords sound. They were on my short list but it was hard to find anyone with any experience with them. I bit the bullet and went with Exile XM9.

Very clean install. Nice work. I also like the accessory storage int he garage.

I got my bimini back today with the modifications for the speakers. Looks great, now I just need to get it out on the lake. image.jpgimage.jpg

Nice install! How hard was it to fish the wire through the tower?

Very easy, just tie a cotton ball to some string and use a shop vac to suck it through

Brilliant! Never would have thought of doing it that way. Good tip.

Looks great. I love the Bimini mod too.

Very cool. I'll probably have to do the bimini mod next year. Planning on adding another set of XM9's and that's about where they will go. Nice job!

@leatherneck33 - Those look like the M282's, the 8" Fosgates right? I've been very curious about those. I especially like the swivel clamps. How do you like them? Hows the sound quality? Whats powering them?

Thanks

Very clean install.

Proper break-in includes playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now version) as you leave the marina....

As you might guess, as the music builds, so does your speed!!!

@leatherneck33 - Those look like the M282's, the 8" Fosgates right? I've been very curious about those. I especially like the swivel clamps. How do you like them? Hows the sound quality? Whats powering them?

Thanks
Sorry I missed your message until now. Yes, they are the M282-wake, this weekend was the first water test and they sounded great. Even though they are not HLCD, you can easily hear them while surfing and skiing. I also replaced the four interior speakers with the M262 and they were a huge upgrade from the stock speakers. I have the Power Precision P900.4 (http://precisionpower.com/store/products/amplifiers/phantom/p600-21.html) driving all the speakers (rear channel for the towers and the front channel for all 4 interior speakers). I am still using the stock head unit, but I added the Fusion Bluetooth adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUMQU50/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it all works great.

Sorry I missed your message until now. Yes, they are the M282-wake, this weekend was the first water test and they sounded great. Even though they are not HLCD, you can easily hear them while surfing and skiing. I also replaced the four interior speakers with the M262 and they were a huge upgrade from the stock speakers. I have the Power Precision P900.4 (http://precisionpower.com/store/products/amplifiers/phantom/p600-21.html) driving all the speakers (rear channel for the towers and the front channel for all 4 interior speakers). I am still using the stock head unit, but I added the Fusion Bluetooth adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUMQU50/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it all works great.

Did the 262's fit the stock locations well? I have been considering them but didnt know if they were a bit small for the openings.

They did cover up the old holes, but barely.

Were you able to use all four screws to install them. I heard that they run a bit small. My polks cover the holes, but it was a challenge to get enough screws in them due to the gap from the larger hole. Trying to avoid this when I upgrade.

BTW.....any pics of them? Id love to see them in a Yamaha.

I may have gotten lucky, but I was able to get all 4 screws to grab on all 4 speakers. I did have to play around with positions to make sure I didn't have an exposed opening and I could get the screws to "hit". I will see if I can locate some pics later today.

Back