• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Jack Points

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

Replacing my tires on the AR240 tandem trailer and curious where everyone lifts the trailer from? I'm using a bottle or flow jack (not a ramp).

Looks like most use either the leaf spring connection point between the wheels or the frame. Is this accurate or definitive?

Also, for those putting on jack stands where do you place them?

Thanks!

Get as close to the spring shackle as possible. Your bottle jack will probably fit in between the U-bolts. I put all my wheels off the ground while in storage using scissor jacks, right next to the shackles. No issues. I wouldn't use a floor jack on the axles, you can't get it close enough. That's my way of doing it. I just went from bias-ply to radial. It was easy because I already had the wheels supported with scissor jacks. So far so good.

Be careful when you are using the point between the wheels at the leaf springs mounts, on mine there is a zerk grease fitting not easily seen that I crushed. Though, it did fit very nicely into the crook of the jack stand.

i jack up from the frame and not axles ... axles could be damaged easily

i did once put 2 6x6 posts flat and rested them on the axles close to the springs had whole boat and trailer up with tires off whole winter while i replaced all parts ...

I used a floor jack between the leaf springs until I bought a ramp at Walmart for $19 (I got a good deal). Now I only use the ramp....so much easier.

For over winter I get the tires off the ground with the suspension unloaded by using a 3.5 ton floor jack on a couple pieces of 2x6s at the most rear frame then place the jack stands at the frame rear of the fender. My trailer tongue jack still gives me plenty of slope.Screenshot_20220731-172714_Gallery.jpg

I was placing the jack stands between the tires on a seemingly ideal spot until I discovered there was a grease fitting.
20220731_171204.jpg
20220731_171152.jpg

Back