• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trolling Motor Battery Location

megalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Brian Filas, your drawing says 1/4" aluminum, but it looks more like 1/2" in your video. Which is it?

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@megalo - Nice catch on my mistake. In my rush to get things posted I said it was 1/4 aluminum when in fact it is 1/2. 1/4 would probably be to thin. I have updated both the video and the plans to reflect the proper size. Sorry for any confusion.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PoppyG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Really nice work @Brian Filas
So, I have to ask, why not use 1" Star board? I've mounted mine in same spot with Star Board and it's been fine in 25+ MPH winds and strong current. I may steal your idea, but curious...

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@PoppyG - I bet 1" starboard would be fine. I just like to over engineer things (especially anything boat related). The aluminum gives me a lower profile and allows me to cut a tighter design on the mount. I would want to leave more material on the starboard mount to ensure the strength. I think it also gives it a cleaner (more production) look when the motor is off.

JeeperJenkins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Alan Crawford -
any way I can get the mount drawing/dimensions you used?

So I used what I saw on this forum and came up with my own design. It works pretty good, but was a little more expensive to have made than I would have liked at $180, plus the 45$ quick disconnect. I have an engineering drawing that I can send to whoever wants, and most good machine shops can import it directly into their CNC software. It is made out of 1/2 in aluminum and it is probably the most structurally sound thing on this boat!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yam190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have any photos of it?
Thanks

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

puzle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In the front angle mounted photo it looks like there is a clear plastic bumper/molding to cover the edge that touches the boat?
Did this come with the part or did you add this?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thats not mine, installed pics are from Yamaha, mine is still sitting in the box.

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@WTScott - I actually went with aluminum instead of stainless as it is 1/3 the weight (and probably strong enough for this application). After years in the Coast Guard you also realize that it is Stain-Less not Stain-free (will still be impacted by elements). Technically, the aluminum didn't need to be treated, but I did it just for looks (yes, I am going white). I also took it back to the machine shop and took off a ton of material that wasnt needed (realized I didnt need to have the entire base plate supported). Left about an inch on either side of the puck. This way, the standard boat cover should fit. I should have it back from paint shop next week and will upload pictures.

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Brian or others, could you please send me cad file, I want to do custom like this, not yamaha mount, aluminum came in today, had to run to Phx supplier to pick up, it's 6061 5/8" thick X 9 x 22"
Send to drewzok72@gmail.com
Thanks and I will post pics when done. Thanks you all,.almost ready to cut, just need to see what is close file wise.

Attachments

Brian Filas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Drew Zok - I actually didn't use CAD files on this project (I did on my removable dash project which you can find under a different post). I wanted to make sure I got everything just right, so I actually built an exact model out of particle board. That way I could mount the motor to the board and hold it in position to make sure everything fit (before cutting or drilling anything). It also allowed me to use some curvy lines and rounded corners that look much better and would have been harder to do on the CAD. Then I just took the wood template to the shop (with all the drill holes marked) and said "make this out of aluminum".

PB11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi
So I used what I saw on this forum and came up with my own design. It works pretty good, but was a little more expensive to have made than I would have liked at $180, plus the 45$ quick disconnect. I have an engineering drawing that I can send to whoever wants, and most good machine shops can import it directly into their CNC software. It is made out of 1/2 in aluminum and it is probably the most structurally sound thing on this boat!
Hi Alan
Wonder if you would still kindly share your cad drawing of your trolling motor mount. I've had my boat for 3 yrs now and have been desperate to mount mine.

PB11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Brian or others, could you please send me cad file, I want to do custom like this, not yamaha mount, aluminum came in today, had to run to Phx supplier to pick up, it's 6061 5/8" thick X 9 x 22"
Send to drewzok72@gmail.com
Thanks and I will post pics when done. Thanks you all,.almost ready to cut, just need to see what is close file wise.
Hi Drew.
Did you ever find drawings for this motor mount?
Regards,
PB