• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Violated

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First off I want to apologize for venting my troubles on the forum but I have to get this off of my chest. .... The kids and I were on a little mini vacation in Seattle on Labor Day weekend. Great time by the way. So we return home and decided to swing by our storage facility to check on her only to find that someone pulled the cover up on the right side and entered my boat! I instantly jump in and went straight for the sound system and found that they tried to get the radio, with no faceplate by the way, and they must have gotten spooked and gave up. They still managed to scuff up my turf with something white and siphon some gas out of it. ASSHOLES!
Sorry for the language!
I have the boat home now in my driveway and I'm standing behind her as I type this. I guess that's what insurance is for but it's ok because nothing else is missing...we lucked out this time. Thanks for listening !

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ugly!

Next mod: the dreaded noodle burglar alarm.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ugly!

Next mod: the dreaded noodle burglar alarm.
I welcome ANY ideas as far as an alarm.
I found a different storage place .
It's a 12x30 indoor garage that locks with an alarm but they want 250/month! With the Denali now that seems steep but I don't know.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That just sucks!!! It would help if the storage yard had video surveillance though. But you would have to know the approximate day to start looking at tape.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$250?!? That is robbery. I think I am paying $140 (maybe $160?), and that includes valet service, guy on site watching over things, and free fresh water spigot!

Clearly, you should move to Texas.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry to hear it. Freaking scumbags. This is one of the reasons I like my 21 footer : it fits in my garage.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah $250 a month stings. You could probably replace anything they would steal with a year worth of that storage fee! The secure rack storage place here is $170 a month and I thought that was insanely expensive.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$250?!? That is robbery. I think I am paying $140 (maybe $160?), and that includes valet service, guy on site watching over things, and free fresh water spigot!

Clearly, you should move to Texas.
I agree with you 100% on that one but right now it's not my choice. California is expensive no matter what it is. HAHA
The locking gas cap may be first on my list

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah $250 a month stings. You could probably replace anything they would steal with a year worth of that storage fee! The secure rack storage place here is $170 a month and I thought that was insanely expensive.
Very true! I'm paying 117 for a car port covered shelter with no video or lighting at night. I think that's when they hit. You can't get in past 10pm and you have to have a code for the gate to get in and out . I'm sure it was an inside job. Now I feel targeted! I have a corner spot so now I park it with an inch on the side and almost touching the back wall. Still not thief proof but it helps.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out a product called mobile drone. It's an alarm system that is integrated with your cell phone. A buddy of mine installed it in his boat and kids car and paired it to his cell.
Basically when someone or something enters the boat he or anyone else he wants gets a text letting him/them know. If the boat or his kids car moves after a certain time at night or passed a geo fence he set up he gets a text. If his kid drive fast than a speed he sets he gets a text. Systems start at $300 I think and go up depending on how Many and what type of sensors you want.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They make game cameras that send you a text when it takes a pic as well!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is the worst feeling in the world!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is the worst feeling in the world!!
Time a thousand!

I didn't address this earlier but I do feel for you @DawgDaze . I and my boat, trailer, truck and everything in them stolen on from of my home a few years ago. It changed the way I blew material possessions and I went nuts trying to protect the next boat (e.g. Looked into alarm systems, bought all kinds of things like wheel locks, had some of my trailer upgrades welded on, installed locks everywhere I could on the boat, even considered modifying the canvas cover so I could lock it down). After all was said and done it was an attitude change over years, not all gear, that made me feel more secure.

all this to say don't do what I did and go nuts over security. Make changes that make sense for your situation. If you are not a big cell phone user or tech geek maybe a remote system isn't for you, your best solution maybe something far simpler and less expensive like adding motion activated lights and / or security warning signs in your storage area.

the bright side in your situation is that they didn't get or damage anything. One thing I did which helped me is up my insurance coverage on items in the boat. I think it cost me $15 more per year for $2k more in coverage (boat u.s call's it anglers coverage, I think it was originally meant to cover fishing gear and electronics). Well worth it considering the cost of gear like multiple $100 vests, $300 tubes, $500 wakeboards, etc.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Totally sucks. Our subdivision was having a problem with teens entering cars, so while I was residing the house I put in a 16 camera surveillance system!
I would be VERY interested in the brand and model of your 16 camera system. I am somewhat of a security nut…..sounds just about what i am looking for.

-Nothing worse than that feeling of someone having violated your space or property. I upped my coverage at Progressive to $5500 on gear inside the boat. Just not worth the worry, when the boat is stored away from home.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would be VERY interested in the brand and model of your 16 camera system. I am somewhat of a security nut…..sounds just about what i am looking for.

-Nothing worse than that feeling of someone having violated your space or property. I upped my coverage at Progressive to $5500 on gear inside the boat. Just not worth the worry, when the boat is stored away from home.
I bought a Swann system. Love it. It is 700 Lines tvl and has great remote access and 24/7 support that is awesome! If I did it again I might go for the 1080 HE version, but that was a lot more expensive. You will also want more than 1 TB of storage (like 2 min). 1 TB only records 5 days worth of 12 cameras.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
CRC Solutions 2TB Hard Drive is the core of this system. Awesome 700TVL clarity and remote monitoring support/capability. . . I use it on PC/MacBook/Ipad/Iphone/and ANDROID. Motion detection/alerts/alarm compatible. . . . Whole system only cost me $1800 (self installed).Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 9.13.22 AM.png