• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waiting 6+ months for a 2021 windshield

Austonian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hi,

Had a 2021 212x windshield destroyed by a fallen tree.

May 2022, ordered new windshields on boats.net. Called today, Yamaha says the main windshield is on "backorder" with no ETA.

Any idea why getting Yamaha parts is such a hassle?

If anyone is looking for a 212x near Austin, TX & can deal with no windshield, please take this thing off my hands.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I placed and order for a single ignition coil in November ‘21, at first partzillas site and email said it was in stock, a few days later it went on indefinite back order, was delivered in December ‘22. Also recently called yamaha sports plaza in Seattle. I needed a bunch of engine parts and a new driver’s windshield. Was told everything was in stock over the three yamaha parts warehouses in the US. The order was placed a few weeks later and I was told the pistons are on back order, supposedly stuck on a cargo ship waiting to be unloaded, this didn’t line up with the news I was seeing at the time.

good luck with your sale or search for a replacement. I have the glass (except maybe the driver’s windshield) for a 2017 240 that might work for you but shipping would be a pita. Partzilla said they would sell me the windshield for $200 less than thedealer would but would have to charge me $400 more to ship it to me.

Last edited:
I mean if you really want to get rid of it, I got 30k cash for you.

I waited 9 months for ignition switches...

Any idea why getting Yamaha parts is such a hassle?

Thanks

The globalized production and logistics system was shut down without a structured shutdown three years ago and that system has yet to fully recover. This is still affecting many other industries.

You should be able to get one made by a marine company that specializes in marine windshields. If you need a recommendation let me know and I can reach out and see if I can find a place for you in CA.

All of these parts houses outside of Yamaha that sell Yamaha parts don’t have the parts, they will take your money and hold it until you come to the conclusion that they do not have the parts either and then return your money once you get pissed off enough after figuring out you have been duped. They are using this money as operating capital, otherwise known as kiting funds.

Your best bet in getting Yamaha parts is to talk with a reputable dealers parts department, they parts dept should be able to give you an ETA on the parts. If they don’t know, then these parts houses don’t know either.

Last edited:
The oem prices are really high, even higher for the first gen 240s, and especially for the curved windows.

@FSH 210, I may be hitting you up for a possible source for a right front windshield .

B96BB825-E30B-4097-AC10-16AC932987A0.png8AE99B5F-609B-428D-86C2-55DA17CF2A77.pngF65A1851-0BC7-4222-A457-C7EEA9CE6704.png

I mean if you really want to get rid of it, I got 30k cash for you.
If the comment is for me, I clarify that the boat I’m selling, I will more than likely part out because the hull is compromised (two large holes in the bottom of the hull), I bought it that way, with trailer, for the everything in the engine compartment. Now if you still want to buy what left, let me know.

Attachments

• D44B77C0-2221-460D-86FE-A66B294FC020.jpeg
    D44B77C0-2221-460D-86FE-A66B294FC020.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 91EC5822-4D36-49D0-9568-0A01567D315E.jpeg
    91EC5822-4D36-49D0-9568-0A01567D315E.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 24
If the comment is for me, I clarify that the boat I’m selling, I will more than likely part out because the hull is compromised (two large holes in the bottom of the hull), I bought it that way, with trailer, for the everything in the engine compartment. Now if you still want to buy what left, let me know.

That was to the OP lol.

@Farny Bid is at $32001

@Ronnie Can you pull off the windshield screw cover seen as the part I sourced above. There should be OEM info on a label under the vinyl screw cover. Trying to verify manufacturor. Already know Yamaha p/n.

20230113_120146.jpg

makes me happy I dont have windshields per se...

@Ronnie Can you pull off the windshield screw cover seen as the part I sourced above. There should be OEM info on a label under the vinyl screw cover. Trying to verify manufacturor. Already know Yamaha p/n.

View attachment 192865
I will check it out this weekend between “atmospheric and rivers” (rain storms) here in NCal.

Brillant!
Im sure the motor alone or striped down you came out ahead.:winkingthumbsup"

Ill ask my friend today about what the name of the place is that he used and get back to you.

Marine Windshields went out of business (can’t imagine why) I’m waiting for my friend to get ahold of another guy who works on windshields.

I like the green tower on the blue boat. What year model was that?

I like the green tower on the blue boat. What year model was that?
I was told by the previous / original owner that’s it is from a 2017 212x. He liked the color better than the tower that came with the 240 and got it from his local yamaha boat dealer. Fyi - I’m not planning to to ship the tower. Whoever buys it is going to have to pick it up or arrange for it to be transported to them.

Attachments

• 6CA326FF-3926-4B45-8CA8-82265EDC9D66.png
    6CA326FF-3926-4B45-8CA8-82265EDC9D66.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 23C373C3-89E9-4F7F-BBF2-26BF6FCD8845.png
    23C373C3-89E9-4F7F-BBF2-26BF6FCD8845.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 8

View attachment 192865
On the donor boat, Taylor made is printed on all the glass.

Was talking with a friend last night about the state of logistical stuff and he mentioned a local power sports store that usually sells 400 can am units a year has only been allotted 20 units this year, and these units are not the “desirable” units.

KTM products seem to be readily available while their Japanese counter parts are still limited.

Back