• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Want to take a roller coaster ride???

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a new roller coaster going up in TX next year. I love roller coasters and am thinking of taking a trip next year to ride this one. Any of you Texan's interested? Or anyone else???

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Absolutely. It's just down the road from us! Their new Iron Rattler is also a fun one. It's a hybrid steel rail and wood frame coaster. It replaces the original Rattler which I hated and from which I also received a good dose of whiplash. The Iron Rattler has a 171 foot 81 degree drop and is very smooth and FAST. It's SICK!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not a roller coaster, it's a human torture device :D, think I'd be sick, very cool though.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks like puke central! Throw in a nice big funnel cake, some 16oz miller lites and a ride on that thing when it's 105F!!!!! Watch out!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you can have target practice with the person in front of you. See if you can puke on them :vomit::vomit::vomit:

The only thing I can complain about it is the length of the ride and the speed. It looks slower than I think I would like but maybe its just because of the video and programming. They say it spins you 6 times...why only 6? :wtf:

Absolutely. It's just down the road from us! Their new Iron Rattler is also a fun one. It's a hybrid steel rail and wood frame coaster. It replaces the original Rattler which I hated and from which I also received a good dose of whiplash. The Iron Rattler has a 171 foot 81 degree drop and is very smooth and FAST. It's SICK!
If I had the money I would be travelling around testing all the cool rides. That would be a dream job as well. I grew up in NJ, home to Six Flags Great Adventure. Back growing up they would always be in competition with Cedar Point on who got the biggest, fastest, baddest ride. So of course, I had to go test them all out.:) I think they still have either the fastest or tallest coaster in the states.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Back growing up they would always be in competition with Cedar Point on who got the biggest, fastest, baddest ride.
When I was 19 I waited in the parking lot of Cedar Point all night long prior to the season opener just to beat the line to ride the Millennium Force. I ended up being one of the first people to ride in the front car. They have sure come along way since then but man.... that was a first of its kind back then.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sent that video to my daughters 15 & 14 who have had season passes to six flags for years. They watched and said no way!!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks a lot like the "x2" ride that six flags magic mountain opened up about 4 years ago. They charged a $15 premium per person to go directly to the front of the line and still do. I paid for my wife, son and I to ride it and based on the experience I would never do it again, in fact you couldn't pay me to get back on that ride. It was that terrifying. You get rotated upside down at the worst possible time, like during the initial drop or in the middle of a high g turn. No body threw up when I was on it but I knew something was up as I watched grown men and women come off the ride before me with tears in their eyes. Still I'd love to hear what some of the pilots on the board think about the x2 or this new ride.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was 19 I waited in the parking lot of Cedar Point all night long prior to the season opener just to beat the line to ride the Millennium Force. I ended up being one of the first people to ride in the front car. They have sure come along way since then but man.... that was a first of its kind back then.
I did the same, well not stayed all night, but got their real early for the Great American Scream Machine and the Batman ride at Six Flags NJ. Back then the GASM was the tallest and maybe the fastest (don't recall)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was there and also remember kids coming off sobbing. I don't think the sobs or tears were related to happiness other than maybe happy the ride was over.

Six flags has really created a class system with it flash pass offering.

If you pay for the preium pass $100 per person plus the admission price you get a two way pager, reserve the ride you want and go straight to the front Of the line (through the exit). If you want to ride again just raise your hand with the band on it and you don't even need to get of your seat or you can move to a better one before the gates open for the next riders. For $75 you get a gold pass which basically cuts the wait in half. If they estimate the wait is 60 minutes , you get a note back on the pager saying show up at the front of the line in 30.
THe silver pass just allows you to avoid standing in line. On a 60 minute wait you get a note telling you to show up at the front of the line in 60 minutes.

This sucks for those people that waited two hours to get on the ride but its a lot Better than the default hurry up and wait process . I remember waiting 2 hours to ride the Indiana jones ride at Disney land back in the 90s there is no way I would ever do that again. Now I pay for the platinum pass or something similar if its available, especially if I have to drive hours or fly to get to the amusement park.
Those were tears of happiness:)

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was 17 and had never been on a coaster in my life (I grew up in the North Woods up the U.P. of Michigan).

After graduating from High School 3 of my buddies and I headed out for a 5 day road trip. (I'd never been away from my folks in my life other than sleepovers and a week at 6th grade camp.)

We headed to Ohio (my first time driving on an expressway was when we got to the Mackinaw Bridge) and spent a day and a half at Cedar point. Then we drove down to Dayton and spent a day at Kings Island before making the long trek home (after a much-needed night of sleep).

It was 1989 and it was the first year of the Magnum XL200 at Cedar Point. It was - at the time - touted to be the highest, fastest, and steepest roller coaster in the world. It was the second coaster I ever road in my life. By pure coincidence, we went to Cedar Point with the In-Laws in 1999 and then again in 2009 - the 10th and 20th anniversary years for the Magnum.

It's tame by today's standards, but the Magnum XL200 still holds a special place in my heart - kinda like an old favorite "kiddie ride" back in the day. :)