• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warm Water Exit on H.O.'s

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that our boats have two sets of "pee" holes on the star board side. One is to show that the engine is cooling and the other shows that the exhaust is.

Here is my question. When in no wake mode do the engine cooling pee holes (should be the rear most set) appear to have the same amount of pressure? (do they both "pee" the same distance).

I would like the answer to be specific to no wake mode or even idling. I seem to get the same pressure when at speed. I have monitored engine temps carefully and they seem to almost mirror one another. So I do not suspect any issues.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is my question. When in no wake mode do the engine cooling pee holes (should be the rear most set) appear to have the same amount of pressure? (do they both "pee" the same distance).
I am fairly certain they DO NOT pee the same distance at idle or no wake mode. The port engine has a longer hose and will shoot less distance. I'd have to look and measure the stream (or dribble) amount to say exactly how much and what the delta is.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Completely normal at idle or "now-wake" speeds.

Keep in mind that the "pee" holes are just indicators that water is flowing. They are not the full amount of water flowing through the engine. Most of the cooling water goes out the exhaust.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You do not need to measure. I have one that basically dribbles out and the other has a little more pressure behind it. I was figuring it was from resistance from the longer run, but being a very new engine I am on the cautious side.

So, I was more looking for verification than exacts! Can anyone second this?

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Murf'n'surf, @maboat , and @Julian .

I know it is not a full indication of cooling. Trying to make a long story short I am using a vx110 head. The cooling is slighting different in the head vs. the High Output head. So, I have been watching for any signs of problems.