• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well… The Rumours Are True…

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I heard talk about this in the forum.. but I couldn’t nor for the life of my figure out WHY…

Sea doo is confirmed making a line of pontoon boats. I am personally not a fan of pontoon boats, but maybe that’s because I haven’t hit the big 40 yet.

Any thoughts on this from you pontoon guys??

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW, Did not expect any more Seadoo boats after they stopped making Jet Boats. Thanks for sharing! I'm really interested in seeing the engine access and placement.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It has handlebars at the helm. Boy, they get credit for thinking outside the box, that's for damn sure.

Hull looks like plastic. They call it a polytec, whatever the heck that is. Rotomold of some sort?

Has a neat "drop nose" look to the "toons", same lines as the hull of an Axopar, but obviously not as good looking.

Looks like it can get as high as $54k for one of these. Gonna be a hard sell at that price IMO, but maybe I don't have a good read on the market.

Also @Miitch I'm 40, and not quite all in on the pontoon life. Watch it there whipper-snapper :D :D

Last edited:

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1628707839913.png
My initial thoughts on those "pontoons"......

It does look pretty sleek but not my cup of tea, especially the handlebars. UNLESS there's an eject button for a hidden jetski under there! 😂

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It has handlebars at the helm.

Boy, they get credit for thinking outside the box, that's for damn sure.
Outside the box completely. Also seems over priced.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Looks waaaaaay to "plastic-y" for the price point. also, i didnt even notice the handlebars LOL. Clearly going through the jet ski parts bin for this boat.

I built two models for fun. The "middle man" as i call it, 21ft 230hp from $35,000.

and the "what the fuck is this" option as i call it. 13ft, 100hp from $22,000. This thing looks like it would get tipped over from the wake of a kayak..

I agree with @Beachbummer though... the engine placement has me confused.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm a little surprised they didn't make it a platform you can attach a Seadoo jet ski to. Take the family out to a cove, disconnect the ski, let the main platform cove out while people go play on the ski (which has been done before - but plagiarism is the highest form of flattery-maybe those patents are locked up tight still!?)

Like this but pontoon based:
1628710090800.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks waaaaaay to "plastic-y" for the price point. also, i didnt even notice the handlebars LOL. Clearly going through the jet ski parts bin for this boat.

I built two models for fun. The "middle man" as i call it, 21ft 230hp from $35,000.

and the "what the fuck is this" option as i call it. 13ft, 100hp from $22,000. This thing looks like it would get tipped over from the wake of a kayak..

I agree with @Beachbummer though... the engine placement has me confused.
I bet it's got the engine within a 3rd center "toon" of some sort. No idea how you get to it, but I would wager that's where it is.

The whole thing looks really modular, which is both good and bad. Also looks like TONS of rotomold pieces and parts. Very "plasticy" for certain.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a little surprised they didn't make it a platform you can attach a Seadoo jet ski to. Take the family out to a cove, disconnect the ski, let the main platform cove out while people go play on the ski (which has been done before - but plagiarism is the highest form of flattery-maybe those patents are locked up tight still!?)
There was one of those for sale on the local craigslist the other day. I almost posted it here. The extension of that concept to a pontoon/floating platform seems intuitive for certain.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I bet it's got the engine within a 3rd center "toon" of some sort. No idea how you get to it, but I would wager that's where it is.

The whole thing looks really modular, which is both good and bad. Also looks like TONS of rotomold pieces and parts. Very "plasticy" for certain.
Looks like a ton of broken plastic pieces and backed up dealers shortly after launch... Im betting a SWEET penny on major QC issues LOL

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'd be in on one for 10k cheaper.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
WTF, Pontoon, tritoon, Stop, both wrong. Trimaran more like.

They will do well with it. Let's wait for the 25' model with twin engines. I mean come on, compete with the big boys.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the seats and tables and such are "reconfigurable" by the end user. That might be a handy party trick. Change from fishing setup, to party setup, to a diving setup, etc.

Interesting I just used the word "Switch" instead of "change" above, and went back and edited it, after I realized what I did. Seems SeaDoo Marketing are earning their paychecks today.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They're calling them pontoons -> 2022 Sea-Doo Pontoon Models Even called the webpage that :D
Ya, I saw that. It's just so far from the definition of a pontoon. Especially since the entire structure is molded together into three hulls. A toon of any sort, has a separate portion. A trimaran, has a molded hull.

They will do well, as the highest priced configuration is $43K. They hit the market with this one I think. And the marketing of the middle aged guy outgrowing his seadoo is spot on. The very reason I bought a shuttle craft so many years ago.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Miitch what the hell... you're young, why didn't you price out the "watersports and fun" edition for a cool $52K! :cool:[flag] Lol
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 3.57.53 PM.png

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This thing has "Future Collector's Item" written all over it...and not in a good way.

No one tell my wife this exists, she'll definitely want one. She wanted a pontoon to begin with when when I talked her in to the Yamaha.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused. I thought the purpose of pontoon boats was to offer comfort and space. The "Sport" model has people literally sitting on the floor.

Otherwise I kind of like it. I think it looks kind of cool and I could definitely see younger people wanting this to get as many friends as possible on the water. The problem is, how young? And wouldn't young people rather have a sportier boat? Or is the entry price cheap enough in comparison to draw them away?

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This does seem a great idea if you can price them correctly. A Wake boat is 100K+ If you can get a "colorful" and "cool looking" floating platform for 25K, financed for 10 years, that's a pretty good deal.