• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Well… The Rumours Are True…

I don’t think those prices are that out of line at all vs the tracker ones I see sitting at bass pro. Big outboards are extremely expensive so they save a lot by throwing that jet ski motor in there instead.
If I were in the market for a pontoon that would be on my list to at least check out.

There is no way I would buy this.... ever. For the price you can get something way better. 53k.... yeah... right....

I don’t think those prices are that out of line at all vs the tracker ones I see sitting at bass pro. Big outboards are extremely expensive so they save a lot by throwing that jet ski motor in there instead.
If I were in the market for a pontoon that would be on my list to at least check out.

This one will be tough to make a comparison to. As the trackers are the uber cheap of the pontoon/tritoon world. So if Seadoo can find market, it will be in the entry level.

As pointed out. $2xK to $5xK is the entry level pontoons. And rightly so, you have to options seats, and it's not a luxurious ride on plastic. This is not in the same class as a Premier or Bennington. They are offering up a boat in a niche market, and marketing it at those SeaDoo owners that are outgrowing their PWC, but cannot admit they need a pontoon. Just like selling your Sportscar for a minivan. Well this Mini van is "sporty" HA. And a GMC Acadia is not a mini van since the doors all open and has four wheel drive.

Where in the hell did they find the focus group that reflected that anyone wants to drive a pontoon using handle bars and a jet ski throttle??? That boggles my mind. Is that just me???

Forget the Pontoon, holy shit at their price increase from last year! Almost $3500 increase from a 2021 GTR 230 to 2022 same model. Over $20k now for a 230 Wake? WTF That's insane!

Looking through the specs a bit I found the following:

For the 21 foot model:
29 Gallon fuel tank
2508lbs dry weight
1 year engine warranty
10 year warranty on structure and hull

Likely means the modular pieces aren't included in this, but for a potentially sub $35K all around pontoon boat, its not bad. Color me intrigued and i would love to get my hands on it to see how the modularity works.

If nothing else this is certainly an innovative product/project and something different which should give it some appeal

Count me all-in, I’ll be posting my boat for sale shortly...... :)

Yeah the handlebars is a non starter. Had a pontoon for awhile at the lake house spent a ton of time with my hands off the wheel. Cruising at 10-20 mph now I have to have my hand on the throttle the whole time??? Wtf

75%+ of boats on the water are pontoons. Common sense market to get into...

Yeah the handlebars is a non starter. Had a pontoon for awhile at the lake house spent a ton of time with my hands off the wheel. Cruising at 10-20 mph now I have to have my hand on the throttle the whole time??? Wtf
I got the impression it has some sort of cruise control speed lock for watersports (at least on the more expensive model?)....so you may not need to hold the throttle.

Sea-doo's website notes that cruise control is standard on ALL models.

Jim

Has cruise control. Haven't seen how it's implemented.

It is the Pontiac Aztek of boats!

0E09195B-37D2-4D6A-A1AD-831D11BFC0F9.jpeg

Back