• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you getting the ladies for Xmas

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife gets back from a trip today. She has been after me to paint the bedroom but before I did that I figured I would surprise her with this for Christmas. I should have it complete by Christmas but this is how she will find it when she gets home today. Hope she likes it because it is kind of permanent.

Including the crown molding I am going to add to the whole bedroom, paint, the electric fireplace along will all the other materials this will come out under 1k. I also added custom venting so and it can be used with the heat on or off. She loves to turn on the fireplace in the living room even when it is too warm for it because she likes the ambience. I think she will love this. If not I am getting coal.
View attachment 66774
My wife just got home and me told me that if I finish it before Christmas that a naughty elf will be joining Mr Claus in front of the fire.:winkingthumbsup"

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We agree to keep total spending to approximately $100 when we buy each other Christmas gifts. This stemmed from some "escalation" that started during our first few years of marriage. When gifts started approaching the $1,000 mark one year... well, it was time to slam on the brakes. Our budget doesn't allow for that kind of spending so we capped it at something reasonable.

It actually makes you put a lot more thought into things when you have to stick to that spending level. She's asked for another house for her Christmas village and a "bigger griddle than the one I have." I'll have to "wing it" for the balance. This usually involves "wandering" a few stores until I spot something I know she needs - and will hopefully make her life easier.

The bigger question for me is "What should I build for her?" Two years ago I made her a little wooden Christmas tree. Last year I amped it up big-time by making a winter-scene shadow-box. So now I'm struggling with what to do this year to at least equal the "coolness" of last year's gift. I'm considering trying my hand at firing up the lathe (something I'm just beginning to learn how to use) and turning a nutcracker. (Woodworking for Mere Mortals has a good video on Youtube that I will use for reference.)

Love the nutcracker idea! Post a photo of the finished project when done!

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm really torn this year on what to do. I have a few small gifts already but nothing big. I really would like to buy her an experience versus a normal gift. I though about getting her a day at the BMW driving experience as I thought it would be a fun exhilarating day but that maybe more fun for me then her. I thought about buying flights to Italy but really with younger family members we are probably at least a year out from that being a good idea. So whats everyone else doing? Just looking for some fun unique ideas and maybe help some others along the way. We do the Bahamas every year and one major amusement park a year so those are already planned and out but anything else is fair game within a reasonable budget.
I have done the BMW driving experience, as well as the M- Driving School when I lived in Greenville, and they were awesome... for me. My wife, however, who has owned more BMW’s than I have, would likely not have appreciated it as much as I did. She tends to appreciate something she can use throughout the year, such as a LV handbag. Call the Charleston store and ask for Michelle.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have done the BMW driving experience, as well as the M- Driving School when I lived in Greenville, and they were awesome... for me. My wife, however, who has owned more BMW’s than I have, would likely not have appreciated it as much as I did. She tends to appreciate something she can use throughout the year, such as a LV handbag. Call the Charleston store and ask for Michelle.
LOL my wife is a coach girl I get her one every year and have already picked up this years. I have went off the course twice and bought LV bags but noticed she still used the coach bags more not sure why. I think the same thing if I get the BMW experince I would enjoy it but it maybe a self serving gift. @RightStuff I like the indoor skydiving idea I may do that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I aren't really doing much for each other this year. With our dog having cancer this year and the chemo + surgeries we've gone through to this point we owe thousands in fees and vet medical bills so that pretty much killed splurging on big gifts or any of that. We will of course splurge a little on our daughter but for the wife and I we just have too many things around the house that could use the money after we finish off paying the medical bills so we can hopefully put it on the market next year.

PS, if anyone knows Santa on a personal level, please tell him I've been good this year and I'd love to have a surf/wake boat!! :D

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hear and understand you loud and clear @haknslash , our dog had some turkey on thanks giving and got really sick (gastro enteritis / tummy ache and pancreatitis). $3k and two overnight stays later and she is fine but our fun money account is decimated. I put looking for a new project pwc on hold and my wife and i are just giving eachother small things this xmas sonwe could put some money into home improvements before hosting xmas this year for my family.

I always said i love my dog like she is one of my kids, unconditionally but when she got sick i had to put a price on her head, $5k dead or alive. It sounds like your threshold is higher. Good luck with the dog and with santa regarding the board.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
She will probably get an AirFryer though.
My wife asked for one of those too....so its in the back of my car now! LOL
Also getting her a new set of fancier "everyday" wine glasses, a full year membership at the massage place she like to go to, and some Amazon gift cards....

@Mainah you are setting the bar way to high for the rest of us! Cut that crap out! LOL

Concert tickets are something my wife likes....they are so expensive now...its help her avoid her Frugal innerself.... :thumbsup: and of course I pick bands I enjoy too! :winkingthumbsup":cigar:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife asked for one of those too....so its in the back of my car now! LOL
Also getting her a new set of fancier "everyday" wine glasses, a full year membership at the massage place she like to go to, and some Amazon gift cards....

@Mainah you are setting the bar way to high for the rest of us! Cut that crap out! LOL

Concert tickets are something my wife likes....they are so expensive now...its help her avoid her Frugal innerself.... :thumbsup: and of course I pick bands I enjoy too! :winkingthumbsup":cigar:
we got an airfryer! i half-dismissed it as a silly present...knew nothing. but then I made some Iowa pork chops in it nom-noms. :winkingthumbsup"

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we got an airfryer! i half-dismissed it as a silly present...knew nothing. but then I made some Iowa pork chops in it nom-noms. :winkingthumbsup"
The Sister-In-Laws were telling my wife about it and she asked for one for Christmas. The problem was that they all looked too small to even make a full bag of french fries for our family of 6. Then I wandered through Meijer and spotted a 6QT model! Perfect!

So far we've only done French Fries and a couple of Grilled Cheese sandwiches in it but I think that will change soon as we get more confident with it.

I too thought it would be a big ol' paperweight like the bread machine but now I'm not so sure.