• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you use to tow your boat?

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2012 Tundra 4x4 Crewmax with a 6" ProComp lift, love this truck tows like a dream.image.jpeg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax.

Attachments

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I sold my 2006 Dodge ram 2500 Diesel last week (180k) miles. that engine was pure gold and worked like a champ pulling the boat (and a previous camper)

I picked up the New Nissan Titan Diesel last Friday. 5.0L cummins with 6 speed automatic tranny. I don't expect the same economies out of her, but expect good power for towing.
Not too thrilled over the transmission so far, we'll see how that plays out .....

I've never owned anything so plush!!! and not covered in dog drool or mud.......Falls hunting season will change this around !

upload_2016-5-9_8-17-40.png

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sold my 2006 Dodge ram 2500 Diesel last week (180k) miles. that engine was pure gold and worked like a champ pulling the boat (and a previous camper)

I picked up the New Nissan Titan Diesel last Friday. 5.0L cummins with 6 speed automatic tranny. I don't expect the same economies out of her, but expect good power for towing.
Not too thrilled over the transmission so far, we'll see how that plays out .....

I've never owned anything so plush!!! and not covered in dog drool or mud.......Falls hunting season will change this around !

View attachment 36898
Please keep us posted on how it holds up. I'm curious on which you think it is, a heavy half-ton or a light 3\4. My current truck being my first diesel, I knew I wanted a Cummins because of the rock solid reliability and power. We like Nissan products since we have an Altima and Sentra as daily drivers and have proved to be very reliable. I need a heavy duty truck to handle our camper and our Ram doesn't even break a sweat with that chore. My generation of Ram doesn't have the reputation of pampering it's occupants so I'm sure your Titan rides way better then your old Ram or mine. The transmission is always the weakest links with most diesels. The Aisen that's in you Titan is very similar to the one in the current Ram HD with the I6 Cummins. So it may be nothing more then a programing issue, or it just feels different comparing to what you came from.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please keep us posted on how it holds up. I'm curious on which you think it is, a heavy half-ton or a light 3\4. My current truck being my first diesel, I knew I wanted a Cummins because of the rock solid reliability and power. We like Nissan products since we have an Altima and Sentra as daily drivers and have proved to be very reliable. I need a heavy duty truck to handle our camper and our Ram doesn't even break a sweat with that chore. My generation of Ram doesn't have the reputation of pampering it's occupants so I'm sure your Titan rides way better then your old Ram or mine. The transmission is always the weakest links with most diesels. The Aisen that's in you Titan is very similar to the one in the current Ram HD with the I6 Cummins. So it may be nothing more then a programing issue, or it just feels different comparing to what you came from.
is your ram the 5.9 or the 6.2 w/emissions plumbing ? I had the 5.9, replaced the tranny at 130K as expected. This also makes for our 4th Nissan. As for the tranny: What I think Nissan went after here was a diesel that drove like a Gasser. It shifts often VS just building all that power up, The engine is very quiet (Pisses me off actually).....and this emissions crap I'm suspect on. I would hedge my bets it will act more like heavy 1/2 ton based on this tranny.

Cost wise they hit a pretty good spot. Everything I was weighing against it was pretty much the same money for a Gas engine and less features. (I prefer simple over features by far, but a solid data point). Mine is the SV model. I had the dodge Mega cab, and I'm extremely pleased with the space in the rear seat of this Nissan. (to the sacrifice of storage behind the seat)

If you have the 5.9l I6 I'll tell you this: Do not underestimate the attraction of that power plant ! that is in high demand. My truck was 10yrs old, 180K in "decent" shape...I got 50% of the sticker price back on it with the 2 other folks interested PISSED they dragged their feet on making an offer...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1426364008781-1376113758.jpg Mine is a 6.7 and deleted. I drug my feet deleting till my warranty was up. It became a whole another truck after I did it. Unbelievable power! All of the new diesels are quite, especially the new Fords. You can hardly hear them running. It's all the emissions crap and ignition timing that makes them so quite. Nothing is going to sound like your 5.9 again without being altered from stock. Mine has a good bark to it since there's nothing plugging up the 4" exhaust system.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 36907 Mine is a 6.7 and deleted. I drug my feet deleting till my warranty was up. It became a whole another truck after I did it. Unbelievable power! All of the new diesels are quite, especially the new Fords. You can hardly hear them running. It's all the emissions crap and ignition timing that makes them so quite. Nothing is going to sound like your 5.9 again without being altered from stock. Mine has a good bark to it since there's nothing plugging up the 4" exhaust system.
Damn..she's a beauty !
How does this deleting work?. Besides the plumbing, how do you bypass all the computer sensor crap? I was told if I let the DEF fluid run out the truck will essentially come to a crawl till its refilled. (?)

2 more pics of the NEW RIDE !!
upload_2016-5-11_7-55-54.pngupload_2016-5-11_7-56-16.png

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn..she's a beauty !
How does this deleting work?. Besides the plumbing, how do you bypass all the computer sensor crap? I was told if I let the DEF fluid run out the truck will essentially come to a crawl till its refilled. (?)

View attachment 36993View attachment 36994
Besides deleting all the emissions plumbing, at least for my Ford, you have to reprogram the engine computer because the missing emission sensors will cause the truck to go into limp mode. I'm debating on deleting mine but if I do, it will be after towing to and from Fort Lauderdale for this years trip.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn..she's a beauty !

View attachment 36993View attachment 36994
Thanks! In order to delete you have to have a deletable handheld tuner like I do. (Smarty JR) The problem now is they aren't made anymore because of the EPA crackdown. I got mine from a local performance diesel shop that still had them in stock after the rules changed. They did all the work too. You'll also have to change out some of your exhaust system with some strait pipe or do the whole turbo back system. I gutted my factory pipes. The Cummins engine didn't use the DEF crap till I think '11 or '12. Mine was the type that would put diesel into one of the cats in the exhaust system to burn off the hydrocarbons. At the same time it was always breathing its own farts! In other words it was reburning it's exhaust gases back through the engine. That's not good for an engines longevity. Most everyone now who delete now are having to use EFI Live. A buddy of mine just did his Cummins Ram and he said that he's got another hot rod, but it's dressed as a pickup. What made me decide to pull the trigger on doing it is when we got our 5th wheel camper. The power was there, but the fuel mileage was appalling. I was getting less then 10mpg and towing a little less then 10k. I know with campers there's a lot of windage to factor in. After the delete I was able to achieve 12+mpg running 65mph and turning 1600rpms with a fully loaded camper for a 10 day vacation in Florida. That there told me that I had made the right decision.
I'm sure in time the aftermarket engine tuners will be writing programs for Nissan Titan Diesel to wake her up and get better mileage and performance. I'd make sure all the kinks are worked out and you have a solid truck before you go and void your warranty.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 36907 Mine is a 6.7 and deleted. I drug my feet deleting till my warranty was up. It became a whole another truck after I did it. Unbelievable power! All of the new diesels are quite, especially the new Fords. You can hardly hear them running. It's all the emissions crap and ignition timing that makes them so quite. Nothing is going to sound like your 5.9 again without being altered from stock. Mine has a good bark to it since there's nothing plugging up the 4" exhaust system.
That's the truck I dream about... that one or the 1\2 ton echo diesel... just can't see putting that amount of money into a truck that I will only use to pull a 5000 pound boat that my old 2005 durango can make jump...... but one day I will get one....

Supersoaker240

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Mazda cost 60k AUD.
Cars here in Australia are overpriced.
You guys don't know how good you've got it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That Mazda cost 60k AUD.
Cars here in Australia are overpriced.
You guys don't know how good you've got it.
Abd you guys have all the cool vehicles we would pay the extra for!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Whoa! Yeah, I don't think I would pay $108k USD for a Ram. But, that Mazda thing is really cool!