• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this thing?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
About to pull the boat out of my driveway for the first time and can't for the life of me remember what this is? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I feel like such a newbie, I suppose because I am. 😕

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe you wanted to post a picture but there is nothing attached.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is the key to trailer tongue to manually lock out the surge brakes allowing you to back up without engaging the surge hydraulic braking system. It goes in that slot behind it in the picture you posted.

921C62DA-9BD8-4E57-96FD-154ADA470284.jpeg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And that is how the morning has been going!
Here’s the pic!
You should never need to use it....had mine 17 years and never have. Only reason you would use it is if your tow vehicle isn't wired for a trailer with brakes, and even then there is a way to trick your trailer into thinking you are in reverse.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You should never need to use it....had mine 17 years and never have. Only reason you would use it is if your tow vehicle isn't wired for a trailer with brakes, and even then there is a way to trick your trailer into thinking you are in reverse.
I use the lockout key all the time (actually I have a magnetic one I bought on Amazon) as I disconnect my light cord when backing to the water. No power means the solenoid won't actuate.

The magnetic one stays in place while the factory key is designed to fall out when you pull forward so you don't forget to remove it and not have brakes on the road. Here's a link to anyone interested: