• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What plug do you use for the built in ice chest?

Never put ice in mine. I use it for ski/tube/wakeboard ropes.

@Lawson2479 very interesting. I haven't ever heard of someone doing this. Do you use the storage area in the stern by the cleanout ports for anything? Just curious....

@Lawson2479 very interesting. I haven't ever heard of someone doing this. Do you use the storage area in the stern by the cleanout ports for anything? Just curious....

@farrelltravis I use the wet locker for fins, masks, squirt guns, footballs and anything that gets to wet until I get home. Ski/tube/wakeboard ropes get rolled up and set to dry on swim deck / fastened to tower or hung in head storage till dry then replaced in built in cooler. We have a picnic basket plus several coolers for food and drinks that get stowed in the ski locker. skis/knee/surf/wakeboard mounted to tower. uninflated tube under bow cushion / inflated tube hooked to tow point in lounge area. All that and still more than enough storage/ walking / lounging around room.

Cool deal! Thanks for sharing! These boats have a great deal of storage for their size. I always find it interesting to hear how others are utilizing their storage. Again, thanks!

Wine cork here Travis. We enjoy a vino every now and then, just not on the lake.

Cool deal, Pearce. I drink wine every now and then. I have actually done wine on the lake before, but it has been a while. Hope you are doing well.

We are doing great Travis. Hope you are too. Looking forward to the gathering in July. Do you know if Dan is going to make it?

it must take 12 bags of ice to fill that thing....how long does it last? (insulation quality).......and why wouldn't the normal drain plug be sufficient?

i just kinda figgured it's volume was a show stopper

@PEARCE Glad to hear it! Things are well here too. I messaged @DCB-270 but haven't heard back yet.

it must take 12 bags of ice to fill that thing....how long does it last? (insulation quality).......and why wouldn't the normal drain plug be sufficient?

i just kinda figgured it's volume was a show stopper
Were you asking me this @justason ?

Were you asking me this @justason ?

just kind of a rhetorical statement
amazed at using the floor cooler as...well...a floor cooler....... BIG volume....then again i use my boat for short jaunts, haven't used it for a full day where I would consider it moreso

I see - you were referring to the floor cooler. I was wondering if you referring to the built in cooler that I use. The built in cooler I use sure would not hold 12 bags of ice! :)

@justason Our mature boats came with a cooler under one of the set cushions. This is the cooler that is referred too.

AR_230_cooler.jpg

I actually have the same plug that Julian uses but I have my ballast vent tee'd into the same line for my ski locker sac. So I have it plugged to keep the water out of the cooler. I use that cooler for my overboard ballast pumps, air pumps and a few sand toys for the kids.

I went to buy a plug for my cooler today and bought the wrong size. Any idea what size expansion plug I need?

Back