• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's on your mind? (within reason)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm thinking do I want to pull up all the boards on the swim deck of my dock and replace them with new or clean up what I have and use some kind of deck renew product on them?? Either way it will be a chore!!
Composite decking....yeah, It's expensive but so worth it.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
563200_3569288826410_447056354_n.jpg 392348_4009472590729_1663566644_n.jpg 522203_3569291386474_1977578129_n.jpg 525781_3569293466526_1345281043_n.jpg
Composite decking....yeah, It's expensive but so worth it.
@Jim Robeson - Composite is well worth it. . . . But if you are not already built 12" on center be careful which product you choose. Depending on style and design layout, you may need to beef up or add to the existing frame to make it function properly.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@0627Devildog ... that is beautiful!! Yeah, I would definitely have to redo the frame work on the swim deck for sure as they are on at least 12 inch centers. I'm kicking myself because when we first had the dock built we had 3 choices...pressure treated lumber, composite or concrete. Everyone keep saying go with concrete...it was almost twice what it cost me in pressure treated. Composite was in the middle. The swim deck is in the worst shape seeing how it is in the sun from 10am to 7pm during the summer time. The rest of the dock is in pretty good shape. I think I'm going to clean it first with something that is eco-friendly...if that is even possible. See what it looks like after that then make a decision based on that.

Your deck looks great though. How does it feel in the summer?? As in, is it hot to walk on?? I've heard that the composite material gets a little warm due to it being made from plastic. Thanks again for the thought.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@0627Devildog ... that is beautiful!! Yeah, I would definitely have to redo the frame work on the swim deck for sure as they are on at least 12 inch centers. I'm kicking myself because when we first had the dock built we had 3 choices...pressure treated lumber, composite or concrete. Everyone keep saying go with concrete...it was almost twice what it cost me in pressure treated. Composite was in the middle. The swim deck is in the worst shape seeing how it is in the sun from 10am to 7pm during the summer time. The rest of the dock is in pretty good shape. I think I'm going to clean it first with something that is eco-friendly...if that is even possible. See what it looks like after that then make a decision based on that.

Your deck looks great though. How does it feel in the summer?? As in, is it hot to walk on?? I've heard that the composite material gets a little warm due to it being made from plastic. Thanks again for the thought.
I went with the grey material being in florida and having direct sun on it. It's never too hot to walk on in bare feet. Also, I had lumber on mine at first and it was splintering after the first year. I went with a trex knock off from lowes that is solid and it did fine with 16" centers. The hollow stuff has to have more support but I believe is cheaper. I screwed up the support posts on mine and they are actually rising out of the ground pushing the entire deck up in spots. Curse you florida sand and high water table. I need to pull off the decking and redo support posts.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

While it does get warm, its never been too hot to walk on, even in direct sunlight.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just thought about this... While at work I always have the browser open on one screen, anytime that my work requires me to go out to the internet I always have to check the jetboaters.net tab! It's pretty much habit. Anyone else run into this?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just thought about this... While at work I always have the browser open on one screen, anytime that my work requires me to go out to the internet I always have to check the jetboaters.net tab! It's pretty much habit. Anyone else run into this?
DAILY

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson ........ I agree with EVERYTHING peeps have already written to you. Such as all of @Big Shasta's comments.
We have Weatherbeater brand ..... on the upper decks all the way around the home.
COOL as a cucumber, depite the incredibly HOT sun that beats down on it. And I walk around bare foot most of the time.
Fantastic. Cleans up in a heartbeat with simply spraying with 8.25% bleach mixed 1 to 3 each early summer ! No pressure washing whatsoever.
HOWEVER: The BASE structure must be VERY SECURE or you're gonna see dips and valleys and bumps in a few years !
Good Luck .......... WeatherBeater at that time (2004) as TREX had significant manufacturing defect problems.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
TOO OFTEN that it makes me feel very reluctant to comment on ....... LOL ! :woot:
Is there a medicine to help cure this ? Bet it's GOOD WEATHER & WARM TEMPS so we can be out boating !

Last edited:

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm wondering if my stereo installer is actually going to install everything like I wanted. Hate giving my boat over for someone else to do the work. But did have about a good hour and a half walk through of what I wanted.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm wondering why the best team in the NHL wants to end their season early. It's almost as if they don't want to make the playoffs so that I won't miss any boat time watching them.

The games are almost always in the evenings, Pens. Please remember how to play and make a deep run in the playoffs. I promise I can juggle both boating and watching hockey. Thanks in advance!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wondering if I want to deal with the heat tomorrow on the boat....or just hang out at the pool....
First world problems...LOL

I'm headed to the airport for a trip to Colorado. One of my favorite annual trips.

Taking my wife who I think loves to find craft beer breweries more than I do. New Belgian tap room COMING HOT.