• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which cover is the easiest to put on in-water?

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have this deja-vu that I asked this before but couldn't find anything...

Currently, I only have the shipping cover. And it's a pain to put on when the boat is docked. The main pain is fitting the rear corners - extremely tight. Is the mooring cover easier to put on? Or is there another type of cover that works better?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think a snap on cover is the easiest if the boat is in water. That way you can snap one side and the front or back while you're still in the boat finish the rest from the dock. Snaps don't look that great but it sure is convenient.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Snap on bow and cockpit covers are designed for easy installation in the water.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think the mooring cover will have the same problem as the shipping cover -- the back corners need to be ratcheted tight. You can sometimes get one on from inside but not the second corner.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have both covers and use the snap on mooring and bow covers when I have my boat on the lift. You can use the mooring cover, but you have to stand on the cover to pull the corners over....which isn't hard to do, but I found it annoying. That said, I can put the mooring cover on faster as there are no snaps to press down....but dancing on the deck was a pain.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks... I can't figure out, how do these snap-on covers attach to the boat? What do they snap onto?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks... I can't figure out, how do these snap-on covers attach to the boat? What do they snap onto?
You would have to add (drill and screw) snaps to the boat.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The mooring cover isn't too bad to put on at the dock, as someone above said though, it requires taking off shoes and walking on the swim platform and bending over. After 4 years on the lake, my cover isn't showing any bad signs from this practice.

Another bonus of the towing cover is its harder for people to look under (than loosening a couple of snaps) and since it covers all the way below the swim platform, it keeps ducks & geese from roosting on your boat.