• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Door do you chose?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
1661375771500.png

I chose the blue door hands down as I'd effectively get to live my life over again, and could make a fortune inventing things that exist today that would sell like hotcakes. I wouldn't be able to bet on the outcomes of lots of sporting events like many of you.....but that would be another way to make a ton! But stocks....yup!

The follow on question is.....is there anything that makes you pick the red door? 500 Million? 1 Billion? Taylor Swift falls in love with you? MIL dies young LOL?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
MIL. lololol

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Red Door. At 62, I'm pretty happy with the way my life and career turned out as I have a great wife and daughter! It sure would be fun to have $20 million to blow through during retirement, heck I could even afford a 25' Yamaha!

Jim

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also would pick the red door, 65, retired, great wife and life. With the money my wife could retire early.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would go back in time. Choose the blue door.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Red door for me, I'm only 38. Easy choice!!!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Blue door sounds real weird other than the Back To The Future money making potential.

General wisdom sounds great but not sure 10 year old me could handle a lifetime of good and bad memories and knowledge. I’d spend 30-some years trying to fix everything like Groundhog Day.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does the government know about the 20Mil waiting for me behind the red door???

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Red door for me,
If i could go back at age 10 to not having my parents, then ok for blue. 10 to 16 were horrible years.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Red door for me,
If i could go back at age 10 to not having my parents, then ok for blue. 10 to 16 were horrible years.
Same here...the first 18 years were survival mode (ok, that sounds overly dramatic now that I wrote it) and the next 40 have been steadily and significantly improved. I'll take the red door, just in time for a January retirement.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Idk, what is in my head now would scare the crap out of most 10 year olds. Back to 1970?? Red door with some investments to make the 20 mil last another 20 years or so. And going back will most likely change the family you have now. If that matters.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
33 here and no hesitation blue door. No complaints with my life but I could step it up a few notches with today's knowledge.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do I have to pay taxes on the red door money??

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been thinking about this all morning and I can't come up with an answer. In some ways it would be nice to go back and do things differently but then I think that I have a good life, wife & kids and would hate to give that up.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This reminds me of a book / movie I imagined while driving from TX to SC a few Months ago. The story starts out in the distant future with a large corporation that has a secret time travel lab. They have invented a way to send a person back in time who can retain all of their knowledge. The problem with this method of travel is you get into a weird paradox when you meet your real self if you did not retain the knowledge. So they have invented a way to send the person back, into the womb of the mother as a twin within the first trimester. So you are essentially born as a twin and live congruent to your real self, but your real self has no idea, and you do. Now for the dark part of the story. Back in the future a hard nosed investigative reporter starts researching the link between this large corporation and twins who have 1 sibling that is uber successful and the other twin is either a complete failure, or dies of some crazy death, or, the most common commits suicide.
See for this to really work your future self must eventually take over your real self. Your future self has all the knowledge of the years to come so they make all the best investments, make all the right choices, always take the right path to become a multimillionaire or billionaire. The only payment for this ability is you must eventually kill off your self before the date of time travel, and you agree to give 30% of all your income to said time travel corporation....... And the story just kind of twists and turns in a dark way from there, maybe the investigative journalist becomes hunted by a goon squad from the big corporation and so on and so forth......

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Red door for me,
Same here 10-25 were fairly rough years for me. Didn't have much control until 17-18 and then had no idea what to do with it. At 42yrs old, I could take $20mil and enjoy a reasonable 30-40 more years with good health and not working a fulltime job. Watch and help my boys grow up, enjoy time with the wife.

I don't want to do it over, I just want to do more of it.

*edit* Added mil to the dollar amount above. $20 barely buys lunch anymore! */edit*

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This reminds me of a book / movie I imagined while driving from TX to SC a few Months ago. The story starts out in the distant future with a large corporation that has a secret time travel lab. They have invented a way to send a person back in time who can retain all of their knowledge. The problem with this method of travel is you get into a weird paradox when you meet your real self if you did not retain the knowledge. So they have invented a way to send the person back, into the womb of the mother as a twin within the first trimester. So you are essentially born as a twin and live congruent to your real self, but your real self has no idea, and you do. Now for the dark part of the story. Back in the future a hard nosed investigative reporter starts researching the link between this large corporation and twins who have 1 sibling that is uber successful and the other twin is either a complete failure, or dies of some crazy death, or, the most common commits suicide.
See for this to really work your future self must eventually take over your real self. Your future self has all the knowledge of the years to come so they make all the best investments, make all the right choices, always take the right path to become a multimillionaire or billionaire. The only payment for this ability is you must eventually kill off your self before the date of time travel, and you agree to give 30% of all your income to said time travel corporation....... And the story just kind of twists and turns in a dark way from there, maybe the investigative journalist becomes hunted by a goon squad from the big corporation and so on and so forth......
Well that depends on how time works. Is it one singular timeline or a multi-verse? In a multi-verse it wouldn't matter. Hopefully you were kind enough to keep your sibling in the loop as well.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jeez, one post and this is already a shitty idea. Really??? You had to go all Neil deGrasse Tyson nerd level on me with the time travel paradox, and F no I'm not going easy on my real self. That dumbass must die....