• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why Did You Join This Site?

Why did you join this site? The most important reason

• Total voters

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I want my shrunken head back!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat never looked so good!:playful: @Suchawittygal ...uh, :wideyed:you may have a measurement problem! Your boat is 24" longer than you have listed it!:oops:
Whoops! How the heck did THAT happen?? It's fixed now Mel! Thanks! LOL

Brmorganjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why....because i got a message and a phone call from 2 members here...was shocked I was even remembered. I dropped from commenting on the other site because what was once a friendly helpful community was starting to get unfriendly, argumentive, etc....even fun jokes where starting to get..."Im offended" type comments and not in a joking way.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why....because i got a message and a phone call from 2 members here...was shocked I was even remembered. I dropped from commenting on the other site because what was once a friendly helpful community was starting to get unfriendly, argumentive, etc....even fun jokes where starting to get..."Im offended" type comments and not in a joking way.
Glad to see you made it over here!!!

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if he gets any kickbacks from Yami, but I would not be surprised if he asked them for money.
I would bet a significant amount of money on this one. Not sure why Yamaha wouldn't do it either. If I were them I would at least cover the maintenance in exchange for free advertising. Where else could they find such a concentrated group of self-identified owners / product end-users. Most companies would kill for that type of precisely targeted (unbelievably cheap) bang-for-the-buck advertising!! For my office I would love to target my advertising to people age 18 - 65, with a household income > $35,000/year, who work, have commercial health insurance and only 2-3 minor or chronic health issues.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think he has any backing from Yamaha. IMHO he wouldnt be so afraid to put Yamaha on his logo if he had Yamaha support. You would think that they would be pushing him to get the stickers, etc out there ASAP. But that's just my opinion, I have no idea.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will say his site was very user friendly. Perhaps because over the 8 years I was a member, I became used to it. Hopefully the navigation learning curve here will be short. I will say I posted a few videos here, instantly; and they appeared right in the body of the message. Plus, getting up an avatar without having to play with image reducing software was a big plus.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I joined after getting an email. Been a while since I avidly participated in the YJB site. I had no idea things got bad there. Good to see some familiar faces here.
Steve

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will say his site was very user friendly. Perhaps because over the 8 years I was a member, I became used to it. Hopefully the navigation learning curve here will be short. I will say I posted a few videos here, instantly; and they appeared right in the body of the message. Plus, getting up an avatar without having to play with image reducing software was a big plus.
I agree...his site WAS very user friendly, then he began his store and I think $ caused rifts in his ethics. I hope you find navigating here easy too! If there is something you need, PLEASE ask and we will do our very best to solve for it!

This thread might be helpful

https://jetboaters.net/index.php?threads/a-quick-review-of-the-forum-screen-features.138/

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Murf..

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I too got booted! Several times as a matter of fact! Seemed to be the norm. I was very resistant to joining a new forum because I didn't want to take away from the history and knowledge base over there. Well, seasoned members just continued to leave or be controlled. Time for change and a new and healthy relationship!
Mel... i had no idea you got booted... i personally want to thank you for all you do for everyone. You have helped me and thousands of others. Looking forward to what this sight has in store for us all

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I felt the same way. It took a little coaching and massaging to get this old dog up to speed. But only because the old site is what I was used to. This site is way more user friendly. Give it a few days and your like will turn into love. By the way, we even have a "like" button too. :thumbsup:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I didn't "leave" I joined to see WTF is going on! LOL Maybe I'll just repost eveything political from Steve45 on here, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love the map though. Automatically puts you in?
He's obviously not part of Yamaha, he's probably been warned by Yamaha if anything.
Hey, the guy has a big job, and doesn't delegate enough of it really. Now he's probably all pissed off (understandably) but it's all inevitable. It's just like the Reformed churches. Start as one, then split, and split, and split. But still one group of Reformed churches.
Lets just try and be civil and it will be just fine for everyone.
Gonna stay here to help those that need it!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I belong to a lot of online forums with all my other interests and hobbies, so naturally the first thing I did when I started looking at Yamaha's was search for a forum. While the information was good and there were a lot of good members, it just never felt "right". Couldn't put my finger on what it was, but something was off. I remember reading others post touting how great the forum was, but I was never comfortable so I never spent a whole lot of time there. This place has a good feel, I think it will be successful.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was invited…By Dan known here as "Super JetDan". I promise, I won't let my meatloaf.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I belong to a lot of online forums with all my other interests and hobbies, so naturally the first thing I did when I started looking at Yamaha's was search for a forum. While the information was good and there were a lot of good members, it just never felt "right". Couldn't put my finger on what it was, but something was off. I remember reading others post touting how great the forum was, but I was never comfortable so I never spent a whole lot of time there. This place has a good feel, I think it will be successful.
Cory - it didn't used to be that way. It was a welcoming place, and I learned a lot from folks like @txav8r and @Julian and @Bruce and too many others to mention. It only changed in the last year...and that's why we are here.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a blast back in the old days 2005-2008, then the needs of a growing boy took over.... Never really saw any bad stuff happen over there and for that I am glad! Glassman, Jeff W. and I used to argue with a character over there named Oua, but it was all in good fun, at least from my point of view.....

Thanks again Dan for the invite, we are just beginning to use the boat again so perfect timing! In fact, the picture below was taken 2 weekends ago on the first cruise of the year...... 10K both engines, 50mph, absolutely dry when we pulled the plug! These boats are as maintenance free as you can get and still call them boats! =)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like @Speedling , I came to see what's up. I am still a member at YJB (I hope) and plan to stay if possible. I got in touch with my old pal @txav8r when I heard about the issue and was very surprised at the scope of things. He graciously invited me to visit and when I did, thought I would drop anchor. I am impressed with what you have in such a short time and am looking forward to what's to come.

Gym

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I joined because YJB was down and when I found this place, it looked state of the art. . . . .