• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Why Did You Join This Site?

Why did you join this site? The most important reason

• Total voters

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Kelly, glad you made it here, we will have to meet up one weekend at the local lakes in AZ, it's been a long time my friend. @Glassman FM is onboard, the circle of life is now complete :D
Can't wait to hit the water again and catch up! Maybe meet in Jerome for lunch again! That was fun.....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Magic.....I just noticed....where's the rest of your tower??
What do you mean? Ah man....... Stupid overpass!!!!!

Seriously, I keep the boat in the garage and the HOA has door height restrictions...... I take the tower off to fit it in! This pic was taken 2 weeks ago on a de-winterizing cruise so we left the tower at home.......

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I pretty much stopped going to yjb about a year or so ago. I last contributed in 2012, but didn't like the way things were going and decided I would back off the site and only go on when I needed something or to just read a few posts here and there. I didn't like the idea of having the contributors logo under the avatar, but I felt if I didn't, I wouldn't get help if I needed it. My thoughts on that subject are, we are contributing value by helping each other which is the point of being a member on a forum in the first place. I am a member of several forums, although, not really active accept for yjb, but that was the only one where I saw people pushing contributions, and I didn't like that. Our posts are contributions. I plan on remaining a member, but will probably only visit every other month as I do now. By the way I hadn't see jetboatpilot post in a while over there was he banned?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No, jbp wasn't banned, but companies were renamed so now it's just will, and they can't solicit their products.
I gotta say, the tv vs cobra was getting old.

This is part of the reason this site should NOT have a store btw!
It's a conflict of interest.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Joshb723, @Speedling Will (JetBoatPilot)'s account was locked. He no longer had the ability to communicate with members of Yamahajetboaters.com. His was one of approximately a dozen accounts that were locked or banned but remained in the member list. While the YJB site was live you could not send PMs to Will's account which was one of the indicators of a locked account. I want to be absolutely clear that this information does not come from Will but from an analysis of YJB's accounts that I did in deciding if there was merit to starting a new forum.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Bruce I had contacted will via email to find out why he wasn't posting a good while ago. I will have to dig it up, but I don't believe he mentioned being banned or locked. I will have to check it oit

MakingMemories

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received an e-mail invite and followed the link. Since it has been terribly cold here in the mid-west, I haven't really been following YJB. I figured the old site was shut down. I did like the facebook link for sign up and took the opportunity to change my username from stlouiedave to my boat name, Making Memories. I guess I will use both sites as I have used many of your/ their tips, tricks, and ideas for basic boating to upgrades. I can't wait for warmer weather now. Back to boating!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I joined because I'm always looking for info/new ways to do things....a LOT of the people who have given me the most help are now over here...just made sense :)

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I joined because everyone who read my stupid stories about searching for the perfect boat was over here......
.....hmmmmmm ...maybe that's why they....
Arrrrrggg!!!

10-8

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While I like and appreciate the fresh look and better features of this site, it's the people that here that are the real draw. The expertise is 2nd to none. I just hope that as I start the 2nd season with my Yammie, I can someday be of help to someone too. Great job guys! I look forward to reading the new posts everyday like I did YJB.

Jubal

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetlagged

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I joined because I saw a mention of the site from Will at JBP on his newsletter…had no idea in the world what happened at the time I joined, just figured it was a jet boat forum that Will recommended so it was good enough for me. I had (and have) no beef with Brian, I have always enjoyed the site and learned a LOT (starting with my very first post where Mel came to my rescue). I haven't been on the forum much over the last few months, mostly because my boat is in storage and it's very arctic-like here in New England - maybe that's why I missed all the drama?
I look forward to enjoying this site just as much, as I'm familiar with a lot of you guys. I'm only on the forum to discuss and learn about my boat and fun things to do with it, so keep the good stuff coming! Congrats on a successful launch.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I joined because I saw a mention of the site from Will at JBP on his newsletter…had no idea in the world what happened at the time I joined, just figured it was a jet boat forum that Will recommended so it was good enough for me. I had (and have) no beef with Brian, I have always enjoyed the site and learned a LOT (starting with my very first post where Mel came to my rescue). I haven't been on the forum much over the last few months, mostly because my boat is in storage and it's very arctic-like here in New England - maybe that's why I missed all the drama?
I look forward to enjoying this site just as much, as I'm familiar with a lot of you guys. I'm only on the forum to discuss and learn about my boat and fun things to do with it, so keep the good stuff coming! Congrats on a successful launch.
Glad you could make it!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just getting caught up on some threads. The old board kinda lost the feeling of community after a few years. I still read but didn't post as much. Was surprised to see I was #24 on posts and I hope I helped some people out. More folks had the newer models and really didn't know anything about those, so the posts slowed. Didn't want to posts opinions as they usually started arguments. Looking forward to being part of the community but I don't expect to be posting as much as on the other site.