• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will this work?

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have 6 jlmx650 speakers, 2 rockford fosgate tower speakers, jl m10ib, and a wetsoumds stealth bar 10 with a audison lrx 6.9k amp. I was thinking of hooking up the 4 cockpit jl speakers to channel 1 and 2 at 2ohm and the bow jl's and the rf towers to 3 and 4 at 2ohm with the sub bridged on 5and 6. With that said can i use the high power outputs on from the factory hu to run the wetsounds ultra 10 sound bar and the rca to the amp?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Simply put... yes you can.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You can, but will WAY underutilized the sound bar and be running the amp at max capacity. I wouldn't do it, just add another amp.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can, but will WAY underutilized the sound bar and be running the amp at max capacity. I wouldn't do it, just add another amp.
I am looking at the stealh 10 surge that has an internal amp, can you run that with an external amp? The other i am looking at is the 10 core that are just the speaker bar and add an amp for that

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Either one of these 2 options would be ok.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland that amp looks serious, reminds me of those 2400w soundstream amps....do you already have this amp or looking to buy.

Asking since you might be able to get 2 amps for a tad more and power your nice equipment more efficiently, although I too tried to simplify my setup with a single amp.

I'll be installing my 3rd amp in a few weeks so I might not be the best person to ask,lol

If the sound bar is powered it should sound great off the 1 amp.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland that amp looks serious, reminds me of those 2400w soundstream amps....do you already have this amp or looking to buy.

Asking since you might be able to get 2 amps for a tad more and power your nice equipment more efficiently, although I too tried to simplify my setup with a single amp.

I'll be installing my 3rd amp in a few weeks so I might not be the best person to ask,lol

If the sound bar is powered it should sound great off the 1 amp.
@Jaylex . I do already have the amp, it's sitting in my garage waiting for tje rain to stop.
I started with the amp and 6 jlmx650's, then someone was selling 2 tower speakers on here and I ended up picking those up making 8 speakers. Then of course a had to get a sub adding one more element. Now I just picked up a new wake tower off of a 2018 212x woth the mounts for the stealth 10 speaker bar, if you have them you have to use them, right? I was just wondering if I got the wetsounds stealth 10 surge that has the build in amp if that would work useing the speaker out of the stock head unit and run the 8 6.5's and the sub off the audison amp for now.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@John Mcpartland that sounds like a solid plan, if the sound bar has it's own amp then you should be good to go with the other speakers on the single amp. Plus you can always add a second amp down the road for the sub or towers only if you decided.

Keep us posted....I'll be working on my phase 2 audio install in the coming weeks as well.

Excited to see all the new updates from everyone.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post pics when your done

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep in mind you will have to run power wires through the tower for the sound bar....might be easier to just run speaker wires (which may already be in the tower you bought)
@Julian yes the speaker wires are there, but i could use those as a pull string if i do go the powered route.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length