• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will Yamaha release a 240 fsh?

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering if anyone has heard about them releasing a larger version maybe with twin 1.8’s?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There has been lots of talk about a 24' CC, but nothing concrete yet.

I would be very surprised if they build a 27' CC any time soon. At 100k + for the current 27' open bow, not sure they are prepared to compete in that market. I'm still trying to figure out WHAT market they are trying to compete in with the current 27' open bow (not the trailer boat market-requires a permit to tow, not the water sports market -no tower tow point)

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been on a 255 Open and I thought the boat was too narrow. The 215 fsh seemed just right width wise I am just interested in something a little bigger with a better power band for some tubing and skiing while still having the fishing flexibility the fsh gives you.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I mentioned in another post, I’d be interested in a 24’ down the road in the $50-$60k range, but honestly guys even $1 above $60k and I’d be looking Robalo or another more serious maker. Not that I don’t love my 210, and I think it’s a great boat for inland or near shore, for that little extra you definitely bump up a notch. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a serious fisherman but for me a CC boat is like a pickup truck for the water, it can do just about anything. But if I had a choice for a small difference in $ I’m moving up from the XLT to the King Ranch.

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The fact is the FSH is a great value. Take the value off the table and I'm looking elsewhere. Still like my FSH ...

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian Idk what market they are trying to hit with the 270 but I've heard almost all their production slots are full for this season.

A 240fsh interests me.

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mentioned in another post, I’d be interested in a 24’ down the road in the $50-$60k range, but honestly guys even $1 above $60k and I’d be looking Robalo or another more serious maker. Not that I don’t love my 210, and I think it’s a great boat for inland or near shore, for that little extra you definitely bump up a notch. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a serious fisherman but for me a CC boat is like a pickup truck for the water, it can do just about anything. But if I had a choice for a small difference in $ I’m moving up from the XLT to the King Ranch.

True on the Robalo but I think them and nautiqstar are at least 15 to 20k above what Yamaha would be in their price range for a similar size product with adequate features.

Camo13310

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How have people’s experiences been tubing and skiing with the 210?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How have people’s experiences been tubing and skiing with the 210?
I've not tried it, but I'm pretty certain that the lower hull is identical to the AR210....so I'd expect close to identical experiences....just a different layout.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just took the family out last weekend on my '19 210 FSH Sport and pulled the kids on the tube. Plenty of power and control, but the kids complained of not being able to see from the water spray. I currently have Thrust Vector X's on her Thrust Vector X For Yamaha Boats 2019 & Prior* , but may have to upgrade to the Thrust Vector W's when they become available later this month Thrust Vector Wake For Yamaha Boats (Fits 2003-2019) . I inquired with JBP if they will have a option to just buy the wake shaper portion to add onto the the Thrust Vector X's, and at this time it is a no..... Not too happy to have to buy a complete new set up....

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I tube with the kid behind the 210 FSH it is great I use a long rope no problem plenty if power.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just took the family out last weekend on my '19 210 FSH Sport and pulled the kids on the tube. Plenty of power and control, but the kids complained of not being able to see from the water spray. I currently have Thrust Vector X's on her Thrust Vector X For Yamaha Boats 2019 & Prior* , but may have to upgrade to the Thrust Vector W's when they become available later this month Thrust Vector Wake For Yamaha Boats (Fits 2003-2019) . I inquired with JBP if they will have a option to just buy the wake shaper portion to add onto the the Thrust Vector X's, and at this time it is a no..... Not too happy to have to buy a complete new set up....
I believe they have an upgrade option depending on models etc

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I feel like it just needs a bit more sexiness to the linup. But a 240 fsh just seems obvious to offer.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a credit for those with existing systems to trade. There's no parts capable of exchange to convert other types. The new ones have redesigned fins made of aluminum that have specific stop angles etc... or you can add an additional 5-10ft of rope to get them beyond the spray.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes.. extend the rope some to get out of the wash..

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I believe they have an upgrade option depending on models etc
They do have an upgrade/trade in option. They will give current owners a $100 credit, but I just bought the X's and the Wake will be out in about 2 weeks. SMH :(