• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Windshield Separated / spread apart

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm looking for a temporary solution until I can get it in to the dealer. Even trailering is going to be a problem. The window is hanging by a thread and about to fall in and probably bust the hinges. Is there a way to adjust the windshield?95200

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine has been separated since the day I bought it. Not quite as bad as your though. I would be get the dealer to adjust it as soon as possible. Then trade it in!!

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My scarab is brand new. So far 21 days in the shop and 1 day on the water.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's really too bad cause the boats look great but the quality is severely lacking.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This will be the first and last Scarab I would ever buy.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm looking for a temporary solution until I can get it in to the dealer. Even trailering is going to be a problem. The window is hanging by a thread and about to fall in and probably bust the hinges. Is there a way to adjust the windshield?View attachment 95200
Yes very common issue, my passenger side was moving, screws and bolts were loose.
There is 3 bolts that go through front of windshield that you can get to underneath windshield in storage area, loosen them and 2 brackets on the side of windshield loosen them they are only 3/4 " wood screws. When everything is loose you can move it back in position. Passenger side windshield is flush with the fiberglass front console and the driver side extends about a 1" from the front console. Here's some pictures to help see placement. After I moved mine I put some 3M 5200 adhesive on brackets to hold in place, never moved again.

Attachments

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Update, I have a 195 it looks like you have a 215, things might be slightly different.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 195 and 215 windshields look very similar. Your post should be very helpful. Thanks

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@wango tango is correct!

Just tighten the screws, and use loctite blue. Also, I saw that you still had the stock rubber isolator, you can take that off and used the ribbed rubber seal that Home Depot sells. It works 10 times better, and that little extra pressure will keep that little window opening from coming loose over time because of jumps and hits over waves. Ill see if I can find the product and post a picture.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
One issue I found with the windshield moving is that all the screws go through the brackets not the windshield and the clamp bracket gets tightened down but doesn't tighten down the windshield enough and the windshield moves. That is why I put some adhesive on the clamp end that makes contact with the windshield to better help it stay in place.
Also thanks Mike for update on seal.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here is what it looks like on mine.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hit some rough waves last weekend while my windshield was down. It ended up bending the metal frame and pushing through to the fiberglass helm. It was wedged so tightly that I had to disassemble the entire windshield to get it out. I was able to straighten the frame (for the most part) and get it all put back together. But kudos to Yamaha's gelcoat - barely a scuff!

Jim Crane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a 2002 Marada for 10 years that the hull flexed so much that even though the window was perfectly aligned, it would fall in even in "not-so-rough" conditions. I removed the center window and enjoyed the boat for 10 years. I don't think this is a Scarab only problem.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Same here, except, my window was open and won't close anymore :devilhorns:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit some rough waves last weekend while my windshield was down. It ended up bending the metal frame and pushing through to the fiberglass helm. It was wedged so tightly that I had to disassemble the entire windshield to get it out. I was able to straighten the frame (for the most part) and get it all put back together. But kudos to Yamaha's gelcoat - barely a scuff!
Welcome the the club, lol.
I strap the center windshield open in rough water.
There is no adjustment for that I believe in Yamaha, I needed a new part ($$$) as the lip was damaged.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim Crane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a trophy is in order...Hit a wave hard enough to jam/misaligne center window, lol

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like a trophy is in order...Hit a wave hard enough to jam/misaligne center window, lol
Actually caught about 4-6ft of air - it was the landing that bent the window. I was trying to take the boat out to Waveland, MS from Lake Pontchartrain on Saturday. There was a pretty strong east wind and good current. Hit a ~6ft wave about 4 miles into the Gulf and went flying. Scared the crap out of me. My friends laugh-screamed in fear. I immediately turned around and headed for calmer waters. Fortunately, the only damage was the window. The lip isn't as pretty as it used to be, but it is straight enough for now. If it bothers me, I'll order a new one. And I'll be making sure to strap it back in the future. And staying out of rough waters......

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Had same thing happen to my windshield. As stated earlier - it's an issue due to the clamps and the way they hold the windshields to the top deck. There is a pc of metal that the clamp "slides" on to and that aligns the windshield on my 255 - problem is that the windshield can slide somewhat to the left on the driver side and the right on the passenger side. Don't let anyone ever tell you that boats don't flex.. They all do.. So when you hit a wake or a wave and you land pretty hard and press down in the water - the sides of the boat flex inwards until the boat goes back on plane on it's belly where it is supposed to ride.. the flexing can catch the windshield lip at the right time and cause the the movable windshield door to fall down or inwards towards the floor and then the boat flexes back - sometimes catching the windshield in the middle.

All boats flex if a big enough wave is hit - it's a matter of Scarab finding a solution where the windshield can stay in place better. The combo of constant hitting wakes that can rattle/vibrate the windshield out of the alignment tab - couple with a couple big wakes or waves will eventually move a windshield. Other boats, when this happens tend to have broken glass/windshields. I had mine adjusted at the dealer under warranty - and I tend to ride with the windshield open now strapped down.