• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing and Slipped off Boat

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was out putting the shipping cover on and put the wrong poles up front, put my mooring cover poles in there so I lifted the cover and was getting ready to switch out the poles. It just stopped drizzling and I wanted to get the cover done and everything closed up. Also rolled up the pool liner and it is sitting in the boat walkway as well. Storms moving in fast and I am hauling ass trying to get it done. I snagged my foot on a strap and then when I was coming down on the swim platform I didn't want to step on my cover pole and bend it, smh.....

Be Kind....

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol, glad it was grass you fell onto. Tweak you wrist?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right next to it, about a foot where I fell i have old fencing that I pulled, wood, concrete metal poles. Putting them all there till I finish fence then will have it all carted away. Lucky I didn't land on them. Yes wrist hurts a bit and side but got on the weight machines this morning and feel better.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I was out putting the shipping cover on and put the wrong poles up front, put my mooring cover poles in there so I lifted the cover and was getting ready to switch out the poles. It just stopped drizzling and I wanted to get the cover done and everything closed up. Also rolled up the pool liner and it is sitting in the boat walkway as well. Storms moving in fast and I am hauling ass trying to get it done. I snagged my foot on a strap and then when I was coming down on the swim platform I didn't want to step on my cover pole and bend it, smh.....

Be Kind....

Can we get the audio for that? 😂 I couldn't pick up the F bombs

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I fell off my step ladder loading the boat from the bow at our campsite and broke my foot. I landed on the pavement. First day of a 5 day trip in May. Had to tow home with a busted foot. Sorry no video. Only got out one time this season.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors , that looked painful and I gasped when I first saw it. Glad your ok. I broke my wrist a few years ago falling backward out of a box truck from about the same height. I had to have surgery (rods and screws in there now and forever) and it took me out for about a month during boating season. All this to say it could have been a lot worse.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never see myself on video, and the more I looked at it the more I am determined to lose some weight this winter before next boating season.....

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Almost a perfect split lol. Glad you're ok dude, careful next time!
That could have been a career ending injury. As my wife always tells me, “see what happens when you rush?” Then again she’s never around to help 😉.

Glad you’re ok and we’re able to rebound quickly!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good thing you haven’t poured concrete back there yet.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
be lucky nothing was bent at the wrong angle... that was grass.... down here when i go a$$ over teacup everything is coral.... the only problem with that fall is you likely didn't have 5-6 beers in ya... :winkingthumbsup"

to seal from my flying days and landing you can walk away from is a good one

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you lived to tell about it. How is your right ankle? My "Oh craps" are rarely recorded. I would have liked to look back on some of them to figure out how I survived.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Shake it off and get right back on way to go ! we need a poll have you fallen off your boat . My wipe out was a jump from the boat to the dock off the front area by the windshield, didn't realize it was wet from a wave splash. My foot slipped came up short from reaching the dock as the wind was blowing the bow away smashed my quad muscle into the dock both legs in the water landed on one wrist and my stomach on the edge of the dock. Immediately purchased sea deck for that area

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your lucky you didn’t break your collar bone! That is the classic fall for that!

My hats off to you for the very quite Ow…. I probably would have made a bit more noise than you ! lol!

Can’t tell you how many umm mishaps I’ve had when I was trying to hurry, one of them led to a period of unconsciousness and I woke up the garage floor!

I’m glad you are okay! That could have been much worse…. As a guy who looked just like “The Dude” said to me after I fell on the ice in front of Walmart, “Hey man we can’t be doing that kind of stuff at our age”

Like you I need to work on my tonnage over the winter..my friend who is 53 swims 3600 yards 6 days a week, I’ll use that as inspiration!

Again, glad you are okay!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Shake it off and get right back on way to go ! we need a poll have you fallen off your boat . My wipe out was a jump from the boat to the dock off the front area by the windshield, didn't realize it was wet from a wave splash. My foot slipped came up short from reaching the dock as the wind was blowing the bow away smashed my quad muscle into the dock both legs in the water landed on one wrist and my stomach on the edge of the dock. Immediately purchased sea deck for that area
I “fall” into this category. Slipped off the bow, landed right on my sack on the trailer beam dinged up my shin pretty bad, then fell backwards into the water at the ramp. Classic rushing to get on the trailer to get out of the ramp.