• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wow! This stuff flat out removes boat scum

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First, I don't normally pitch products but...

2014 was the year we decided to wet slip our boat. I knew that the boat would get scum on the bottom but there was also other growth that stuck to it like glue.

We would take it out to the beach every 4 weeks and scrub some stuff loose with brushes but I knew I was in for it when we had to put her away for the winter.

I was online reviewing another product when I came across this:

http://www.jjvsbest.com/

I watched the videos and read thru the site and thought "to good to be true". I ordered it anyway in hopes it would work.

Good news - it does!

I had used acid before and what a friggin' pain that was. Scrubbing for hours and never feeling like it was perfectly clean plus all the protective gear you had to wear. With this stuff, I simply sprayed on a section, waited a couple minutes (during this time you could see the scum start to go away) and sprayed that section with a power sprayer. Just to check, I tried the power sprayer alone and no chance it would take the scum off by itself. This stuff is awesome and saved me all kinds of time.

It is kind of expensive however. I ordered from one of their partners and it cost $50 with shipping for 1 gallon. That would be all I would need for the boat and the amount of scrubbing and work I saved was well worth it. I plan on using this from now on. I also tried it on the rain spots and it took those off with ease. I'm telling you, if you wet slip and need to clean - this stuff flat out works.

JJV gallon.jpg side scum.jpg side clean.jpg rear scum.jpg rear clean.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No acid! At least that's what they say :)

No protective gear but I did use glasses to keep the spray out of my eyes. No scrubbing at all but did use the power washer as a follow up to get everything off.

I don't know what's in it but it works and with very little effort on my part.

Here's their video and it works exactly like it shows.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
wow @cbus mine was on a lift all season at Indian Lake and I know how much trouble I had removing what was on mine. That is nuts. I was actually thinking about your boat when I was scrubbing mine, being in the wet slip and all. Nice find.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love this idea! Did it clean the crap off of the jet housing too?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I assume you used the Scum remover for the hull? There is a boat wash as well.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Or go cheap. As a reminder, this Totally Awesome stuff removes anything, and is about 3 bucks a gallon. Here, I'm using it on some mild stains around the jets. For tough stains, use it full strength, and you probably will have to wipe it off. I'm not sure if a pressure washer will take it off as I haven't tried. I will try next season, however. Motor home owners swear by this stuff. Takes the built up road grime right off.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will Totally Awesome get the algae and stains from being in the water? I think road grime is different than these hard stains and growth from being in the water to remove.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I used the totally awesome coupled with a magic eraser to get everything off this year. pretty sure it also removed any wax that was in the boat also. I only used it on the hull. It worked but I'm going to try this new stuff next year.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am ordering the JJVs best tonight! It looked like it worked great. I always wax after cleaning her anyway.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@rkluck I did use it to clean the jets. Took the gunk off with ease even way back in the jet housing which I thought would never get clean. I simply can't explain how easy this was as even I couldn't believe it until I tried.

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe I might try the Rejex also. Let me know how you like it. I just don't want something like the 3M film they have. The glue backing is a pain to get off.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@cbus I removed all the wax on the boat prior to storage and plan on just putting the Rejex on right in Mikes parking lot when I get it out this spring. I'm trying to avoid dragging it all the way home and then back to the lake. A bottle may do two boats... I will toss you whatever I have left over and you can give it a shot.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@rkluck I did use it to clean the jets. Took the gunk off with ease even way back in the jet housing which I thought would never get clean. I simply can't explain how easy this was as even I couldn't believe it until I tried.
cbus, I have order the stuff and the boat wash as well. I am so looking forward to cleaning her much easier! You are right I never have got the pump clean. I have even used a wire brush on a drill! If this works out I may have to rethink getting a lift. Thanks.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I read posts here about The Werks found at the dollar store. Was hesitant, but after I tried a couple other things already in the garage that didn't work, I headed down the road to the Dollar Store. I found the bottle for $1 and couldn't believe that other posts said that 1/2 bottle would do the whole boat, so I bought 2. I also bought the cheapest sponge mop for $1.75 as recommended. So the results...I'm a believer. And only used half a bottle. Cannot believe how easily it took off the scum. Search for "Werks" and you can find the original posts.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received this product and got to try it out last weekend. This was one pass with just spraying it on and then washing it off. I did not use a brush or anything. Before 1.jpg Before 2.jpg Before 3.jpg Before 4.jpg After 1.jpg After 2.jpg After 3.jpg After 4.jpg After 5.jpg

Attachments

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cbus , did you use the wash over grass and if so, how did the grass take to this magic stuff? If you did this on your driveway, did you see any problems there?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did this on the driveway and no problems. I also got this on my hands (the sprayer leaked) and the washer splashed some back on my face etc. and I had no problems. Just rinsed it off. I am going to go over this a second time and see if I can clean the bottom between the tires without laying in it. I think I will have to lay down under the boat! After that I will scrub what may be left and then wax her up. I got the boat wash as well but haven't had a chance to try that yet.

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@4x15mph I used it in a boat wash drive thru that had a pressure washer so it just went down the drain in the concrete but from the videos, it seems like it wasn't doing any harm to the grass.

@rkluck glad it worked out for you. I also got it all over my hands and it sprayed back on my arms with no issues. Would love to know all the ingredients in the bottle!