• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255 xd

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I examined the direction of the jet nozzles closely on my 252SE when I installed my Thrust Vectors and with my wheel straight my jet nozzles do indeed point straight back.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I don't like the fact that the steering wheel looks perfectly symmetrical because I have no way of knowing if it's straight or not when I'm driving the boat. (Not sure if the 255XD's have the same steering wheel as the 252SE's or not). I had to put a mark on the arm that points down when the wheel is straight just for my reference.
yours are straight due to not having the surfpointe. The 255xd has the paddles (drive system) so you can tell where the wheel is by the orientation of them.

TechPMP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just found this forum and signed up. I have had my XD since March and was looking to find somewhere to discuss issues/mods/etc. I will post an overall summary of my experience in the next day or two when I get a chance.
To the guy in Hawaii, based on what you said your needs are, I think you're making the right choice on this boat. 20210502_144646.jpg20210311_183359.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Aloha everyone! I just put a deposit for the new 2022 255 xd i was looking to find some 2021 owners that can give their insights on it??
I live in Maui Hawaii and after an extensive research we come down that the 255 xd will be the best fit to our needs and will perform better than other boats on chop water.
Any info insights or experiences from owners and non owners are more than welcome!
Have you talked to @rkim808 he can tell you how his Yamaha performs around HI

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Review I just saw online of the 255 XD.

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
We love our 255XE. Awesome boat. Handles rough water amazing and hauls ass. That being said the only negatives we see are the surf wave is laughable and so is the fuel consumption lol... Youll love the boat.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I just found this forum and signed up. I have had my XD since March and was looking to find somewhere to discuss issues/mods/etc. I will post an overall summary of my experience in the next day or two when I get a chance.
To the guy in Hawaii, based on what you said your needs are, I think you're making the right choice on this boat. View attachment 152889View attachment 152888
Thanks!! Do you have any videos to share? The wake in action? What you like what you don't like? Is such a new boat that not much info is out there! We can only rely on owners and users that already got the boat!!! Can wait to have mine and put it on the water!!

idahoskiguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Picked up the 255XD last Friday and have now been out surfing three times. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. The fit and finish of the boat is very good.
2. Connect System is quite easy to use and navigate.
3. The power is very adequate for the boat.
4. The surf wake is adequate but I was hoping it would be bigger.
5. The tower with Bimini is very high and lowering is a two person job.
6. Tower could be so much better and should be designed to go much lower and be powered not manual operation.
7. Fuel consumption is better than expected.

Great boat for the money.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Picked up the 255XD last Friday and have now been out surfing three times. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. The fit and finish of the boat is very good.
2. Connect System is quite easy to use and navigate.
3. The power is very adequate for the boat.
4. The surf wake is adequate but I was hoping it would be bigger.
5. The tower with Bimini is very high and lowering is a two person job.
6. Tower could be so much better and should be designed to go much lower and be powered not manual operation.
7. Fuel consumption is better than expected.

Great boat for the money.
1. Last people getting their boats prob had better workers on hand as myself and others had horrible fit in finish in alot of areas

2. love the connext system, dont love the cruise assist for wake sports

3. power is awesome. almost 60mph

4. Wake can get better with the appropriate changes. Join a few of the FB yamaha pages and look up Dustin Chasteen, he has his boat dialed IN! Not sure he is on here.

5-6. Didnt even try lowering mine yet lol

7. Fuel has been great for cruise and running around.....but damn its a pig during wake surfing.

Love my boat, growing pains since delivery, but still would buy again since it looks like QC/QA has gotten better. Wish i got a late boat, rather then be one of the 1st delivered.

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Knock on wood no problems yet and fit and finish is pretty good. I have one corner of a sticker than is peeling up. Any ideas how to make that stop? I hate to post that after seeing all your problems @Wicked92

Been out 3 times now on the 255XE.

When you say Cruise assist for wake sports you are talking about the speed control in the Connext not the big cruise Up Down buttons right? Cause mine is pretty solid.

Did a lot of playing with the wave on Saturday and found out with only 3 people on the boat I fill the surf side and only 20% in the center, non surf side empty. A 225 pound 17 year old lineman can go rope less. I don't face book so give us the run down on Dustin Chasteen setup.

Love how high the tower is but I do agree it would be nice to be powered down to go down the road.

I'm burning about $40 to $50 more in gas per outing then last year doing the same stuff, same time on the lake. I think I maybe burning less while surfing then the 242. The 255 is only running about 4500 rpm. If I remember correctly the 242 was about 5500 while surfing. Never checked the GPH though so not sure.

So far we really like the boat!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Knock on wood no problems yet and fit and finish is pretty good. I have one corner of a sticker than is peeling up. Any ideas how to make that stop? I hate to post that after seeing all your problems @Wicked92

Been out 3 times now on the 255XE.

When you say Cruise assist for wake sports you are talking about the speed control in the Connext not the big cruise Up Down buttons right? Cause mine is pretty solid.

Did a lot of playing with the wave on Saturday and found out with only 3 people on the boat I fill the surf side and only 20% in the center, non surf side empty. A 225 pound 17 year old lineman can go rope less. I don't face book so give us the run down on Dustin Chasteen setup.

Love how high the tower is but I do agree it would be nice to be powered down to go down the road.

I'm burning about $40 to $50 more in gas per outing then last year doing the same stuff, same time on the lake. I think I maybe burning less while surfing then the 242. The 255 is only running about 4500 rpm. If I remember correctly the 242 was about 5500 while surfing. Never checked the GPH though so not sure.

So far we really like the boat!
Dont feel bad about my issues, i clearly vented and posted so everyone else can check and be aware of what they were buying. I wish mine was only a sticker. lol

cruise assist works well for normal cruise, and for wakeboarding/ski, but for wake surf its horrible. Yesterday it took 12.9 on the screen to get just barely 10mph. The assist for wake surfing wont target a speed really, it seems like the rpms are locked to what they think it will produce, hitting the + - only bumps rpm up like 50rpm each tenth you change the target speed to. Wish it was tied to gps and mph and did whatever it sees fit to hit target, then whatever ballast you run it will hit. Seems like the issue gets worse with the more weight you add to the boat, even though it has the power to get there.

Dustin runs all lockers 100%, 500lbs on transom/surfside rear seat, 300lbs in bow, 150lbs in clean out port locker. 3 people on on board 10.5 to 11.5mph. you can see his lead in the above drone pic

Attachments

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
his videos really serve justice to the wave he has but theres no way for me to download off the fb group

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thanks for the posting the info.

idahoskiguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Dealer loaned me a 1,175# ballast bag. Going to test it out Monday and see how much bigger the wake will be.
Will start by putting the bag on the deck in front on the engine compartment, bag is 24x24x50 inches.

Seeing as the stock ballast is a total of 1,600# this should make a noticeable difference.

Any suggestions?

What additional ballast set up seems to work?

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Aloha everyone so after yamaha released the 2022 colors and my boat was finally in, i pulled out and find a 2021 with 19hrs, i hate they put the green and blue xolors on the inside wtf yamaha??? Colors are cool for the outside but they ruined on inside, so i went back for a 2021 black green color! Getting shipped to Hi in a few weeks!!!

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Any recommendations for shower heads on yamaha 255xd. Does the boat has a freshwater tank. Any one you guys will recommend??
Mahalo