• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Asked Us To Take Down the new 2016 model Info - An Explanation To Our Members

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last week we contacted Yamaha marketing and started what I hope will be a positive relationship with benefits for all of us.

This evening Yamaha reached out to ask us to help keep the new launch a surprise.

After discussion @Julian, @txav8r, @Joey Martinez and I decided to remove the discussion and pictures of the new model until the release. So we have temporarily moved the two threads and will put them back in place on the 12th.

@Murf'n'surf and possibly @OperationROL will be posting from the unveiling on the 12th. We will have much more info on the 12th.

I hope that everyone will understand.

Thank you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We also request that if any members grabbed images off the accidentally exposed pages that you please refrain from posting them before next Thursday. This is only a request. Some poor guy at Yamaha made a mistake here, and they would like our help to get the cat back in the bag. So we've agreed to do our best.

Of course we everyone that already saw the images got to see a sneak preview of their new boat....and know what it is...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the post @Bruce . Our
Membership is amazing and certainly informed! Hopefully all of you will understand the desire to have lead information and provide accurate information for them. We want to have the best info possible, so it is important to retain Yamaha as a acknowledged participant on this forum, and to do so, we need to help them when we can. Thanks to everyone for understanding!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That just goes to show how passionate we are!!! There's no secret safe around here. If there's info Out there, somebody around here can get to it. LOL glad to see that Yamaha knows we're all overzealous about their products.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Did you as a collective group at least get Yamaha to give the forum one of the above mentioned models to do quality assurance, and perhaps have a lottery and a member the chance to win it??? Lol , that would be awesome!!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you as a collective group at least get Yamaha to give the forum one of the above mentioned models to do quality assurance, and perhaps have a lottery and a member the chance to win it??? Lol , that would be awesome!!!!
We gave that our best shot! I expect one of those remote control models will be in the mail! LOL

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We gave that our best shot! I expect one of those remote control models will be in the mail! LOL
ONE??? I thought jetboaters.net had like 1,499 members??? LOL. :devilhorns:
1,443 members as of 1 minute ago LOL..

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
And by the way, I was gone for a couple of months, and I am thrilled to see the forum continuing to grow and flourish. You guys as an admin group are doing a great job, Thank you!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ONE??? I thought jetboaters.net had like 1,499 members??? LOL. :devilhorns:
That is true. I started to include something in my first post along the lines of. I am uncertain how our relationship will benefit us, that really is up to them. But please be assured that just like the group buys and group discounts that we arrange any benefit will be fair to all members. Our committee does not ask for or accept anything that is not available to all members. Saying that if Yamaha wants to buy @Murf'n'surf a meal while he is in Miami I say he deserves it for taking his time to share the launch with the rest of us.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
That is true. I started to include something in my first post along the lines of. I am uncertain how our relationship will benefit us, that really is up to them. But please be assured that just like the group buys and group discounts that we arrange any benefit will be fair to all members. Our committee does not ask for or accept anything that is not available to all members. Saying that if Yamaha wants to buy @Murf'n'surf a meal while he is in Miami I say he deserves it for taking his time to share the launch with the rest of us.
And this ladies and gentlemen is what makes this group the best on the interweb machine!!!!:D:D I am happy you all allow me to be a part of it.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good decision. Always best to work with those that everyone here is so passionate about. Thats why this site is doing so well, you admins are professionals and understand the business. Thank you very much!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At lunch I will try to sell the stickers to the factory. Every 2016 will roll out of the factory with a Jetboaters.net sticker! AKA the webs exclusive handbook to Yamaha Jetboats!

I really hope @OperationROL can make it.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
At lunch I will try to sell the stickers to the factory. Every 2016 will roll out of the factory with a Jetboaters.net sticker! AKA the webs exclusive handbook to Yamaha Jetboats!

I really hope @OperationROL can make it.
At the very least they could include a jetboaters.net sticker in the factory paperwork.... Great idea!!!!

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Wait sorry I haven been gone for a few weeks and just saw this....Why is Yamaha releasing 2016 info in FEBRUARY? Isn't that 6 months early?? Hardly anyone even has a 2015 yet. Are they changing their release cycle from summer/fall to winter/spring??

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wait sorry I haven been gone for a few weeks and just saw this....Why is Yamaha releasing 2016 info in FEBRUARY? Isn't that 6 months early?? Hardly anyone even has a 2015 yet. Are they changing their release cycle from summer/fall to winter/spring??
They are releasing a new fishing boat. No info on when it will hit dealers but I am guessing it will be available for purchase sometime in the spring.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha is an active participant on this forum??? I wasn't aware we had made contact with mother Yamaha last week, what good timing,

I hope that this really will be a mutually beneficial relationship seeing as how we have never been able to get any sort of line of communications in the past, not that I really put a lot of faith in YJB and what roads may have been laid there but you'd think at Shelbyville with 35 Yamaha's gathering maybe we could get some sort of corporate presence for some swag or maybe even somebody bring a new center console for everybody to see,

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas, forming a relationship with Yamaha and the other manufacturers has been in the plans since very early on. We wanted to wait until we had sufficient mass that Yamaha would feel that we were deserving of an audience. This launch seemed like a good time. It is hard to say what sufficient mass is but with as many as 25K monthly visitors and 1,400+ registered members we have come a long way in less than a year.

I expect to see a lot of growth in the coming boating season. We want to put that growth to use for the members benefit by adding more discounts to the Discount Codes forum and negotiating discounts such as the 15% we are getting off of Bimini lodging this year. I would love to see an insurance discount program in the future.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I hate my job was out of town all last week and missed it. Did it appear to be set up for offshore fishing or more of a bay style fishing boat?