• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Asked Us To Take Down the new 2016 model Info - An Explanation To Our Members

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Man I hate my job was out of town all last week and missed it. Did it appear to be set up for offshore fishing or more of a bay style fishing boat?
YES.......:eek::D:cool:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man I hate my job was out of town all last week and missed it. Did it appear to be set up for offshore fishing or more of a bay style fishing boat?
@Murf'n'surf will tell us all about it on Thursday.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hope mother Yamaha sees this as good will gesture. There is no need for their presence to be silent here and I think a lot of people would love to hear what they have to say. I know I would. Why else would I be so brand loyal? Something to be said when I have 4 to 6 of their products in in my garage/driveway at any given time. They put out a good quality product across the board. Lets get this relationship growing!!! :Welcome:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope mother Yamaha sees this as good will gesture. There is no need for their presence to be silent here and I think a lot of people would love to hear what they have to say. I know I would. Why else would I be so brand loyal? Something to be said when I have 4 to 6 of their products in in my garage/driveway at any given time. They put out a good quality product across the board. Lets get this relationship growing!!! :Welcome:
Interesting thoughts. I will ponder that while watching a movie...with surround sound through my Yamaha receiver. :cool:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It is unlikely that Yamaha will actively participate in the forum as that always get tricky from an official marketing and publishing standpoint. But they did say that they would like to engage the forum and its members - things like feedback on development ideas, early previews etc. Time will tell just what that means....but helping them when a mistake is made will only better our relationship with them.

Can't wait to see @Murf'n'surf 's detailed close ups of this new model!

As for their timing of the reveal....Feb is a much smarter time to announce a new boat than at the END of the boating season! And Miami has one of the largest (if not THE largest) boat shows in the world. They are calling it their 15.5 reveal....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe that the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show is THE largest but is held at the end of season.

With that said, Yamaha is launching the perfect vessel for the Miami/Keys area! I'm sure that this line will gain a large market share and spur further developement of similar and larger vessels.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Typical corporate BS. Scrambling to cover a mistake. If they actually gave a crap they would have made some sort of conciliatory effort in exchange for taking the information down. I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass about this forum as in the scheme of their sales numbers, we are a statistically insignificant event.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Typical corporate BS. Scrambling to cover a mistake. If they actually gave a crap they would have made some sort of conciliatory effort in exchange for taking the information down. I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass about this forum as in the scheme of their sales numbers, we are a statistically insignificant event.
I couldn't disagree with you more!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had posted this earlier in a different thread, but since you asked .......

"Well, well, well ... the predictions all read pretty good. However y'all did miss it.
I got this from a person who actually helped develop the boat concept and actual boat features.

Not to take anything away from Yamaha's big announcement, I can tell you for a fact that is a "bay boat" .... a shallow water fishing boat.
They went after the market served mostly by NauticStar and Pathfinder.
The market was studied heavily in the Southeast U.S. by engineers from Tennessee, of course, and also many from Japan.
As to specifics, I cannot comment. But this should help y'all to better understand WHERE this product fits.

Lastly, they are NOT going to "miss any market" with this offering. They know EXACTLY the market they are going after, what is demanded as well as desired in this market, and how they can address it better than is currently being done.

Details ? All in due time on Feb 12th.

In the meantime, y'all play nicely in the sandbox.
For those of y'all who feel this is an unfounded tease, it ain't.
It comes from someone who spent countless hours working with Yamaha engineers and designers on this.
And with that, I will close, wishing everyone a grand weekend, upcoming. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA"

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know where you got your info @MikeyL but I heard it's going to be a 4 man submarine with a kick ass JL audio system.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't know where you got your info @MikeyL but I heard it's going to be a 4 man submarine with a kick ass JL audio system.
Murf ........... I am so glad you asked.

LOL. I was just kidding. And for those who are interested, Murf DOES have the INSIDE TRACK ... and is actually pretty close to being exactly correct.

Best Wishes to all . Listen to your Moderators ....... They do know.
Hugz and Kizzes ............ Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - I am so interested in knowing IF they are finally gonna use 6 x 9" JL speakers ??????

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Excuse me @Murf'n'surf ... it is a "jet powered" submarine with a kick ass JL audio system!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hahaha as im looking for a new boat I was just so excited to see new boats, I had to post them but ya i agree, I don't want to get any one in trouble. sorry Yamaha a good discount on a new boat would be a nice thank you for taking every thing down :p

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Joey Martinez .......... Welcome. WHERE are you located ? We might be able to point you to dealers who are known for offering really good "deals" on Yamahas.
And in the meantime, you can also edit your profile here to include this info.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya Im out north of Houston on lake Conroe. I know Texas Marine is out here with 3 locations for Yamaha models oddly enough is where I bought my seadoo many years ago.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They were very polite and very appreciative of our assistance/cooperation. Time will tell how our "relationship" progresses, but they were very upfront about how much they've been watching our forum, and how they keep a very close eye on opinions and perspectives voiced on forums like ours and The Green Hulk (for PWC).

Forums like this one foster brand loyalty and drive sales quite well. They know it and admitted as much on the call.

I think we'll see things progress well....but the "players" on their side can make a big difference....changes in leadership can result in dramatic changes in media/PR and social media strategies.....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well stated, @Julian .. Timely and needed. Many Thanks for yours above - Sincere Best Wishes, Mikey