• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Dual Battery Kit

David Gramig

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
As an experience boat person I don't want to get caught with a dead battery. I plan on adding a second battery in the next few weeks. I see there is a lot of different kits but I was looking at the Yamaha kit that comes with all the cables. after looking around here I cant find where many or just a few people used yamahas kit. Is there a reason why? Or is it just price?? Any input appreciated

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@David Gramig look for my post about the the Blue Seas 7605. It is a dual battery kit with ACR and it also works as a shore charger. If you have have the facility for a shore charger that would be the way to go. I would highly recommend this as it kills two birds with 1 stone. You just need to supply the cables.

I don't have a review about the Yamaha kit as I never used it. But I think it is a BEP kit.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had the dealer install what I believe was a Yamaha kit but later revised the install since they used 8 gauge leads (bumped up to 4 gauge) and I also modified the DVSR switch to allow a bypass for my in board charger.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For me I didn't know that Yamaha sold a kit like that, but even after looking it up (looks like part # SBT-DUALB-AT-O8?) I wouldn't have bought it anyway.

The Blue Seas Add a Battery is what I went with and bought the cables, connectors and installed it myself. Made more sense to make a more custom install for my needs (location, switch type, wire type, connectors, etc). The only thing I did differently than most was I installed both batteries in the front of the compartment to make way for ballast in that port side compartment.

Here's my install with pics: https://jetboaters.net/threads/another-stereo-upgrade-and-dual-battery-upgrade-w-pics.5354/

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@RightStuff I modified your post to insert the link to the kit as your # created an unrelated hashtag to SBT.

To the OP - you'll find that many people here just buy their own parts as it is often cheaper....but many might not have known Yamaha even had a kit!