• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha older 23' vs newer 21'

@Jmauld my crew is spread everywhere on Saturday so I will either work around the house or take the boat out myself just to get out on the water before we lose the good weather. I'll drop you a note if I do get out.

@Jmauld I believe both @Julian and @Bruce moved up from LX's to 230's. Perhaps they can shed some light on the sound difference.

I may go out to Falls this weekend but not sure which day just yet. Will let you know.

I think they've both told me that the 4-strokers are quieter. I just need to by able to quantify that difference.

I moved up from a XR1800 and the sound difference is amazing!! While these boats are still loud, compared to an I/O, they are nothing like riding in the 2 stroke boats. I don't mind the engine noise and can still talk.

The MR1 has a higher pitch sound and probably is quieter.

I preferred the lower rumble of the two strokes.

Agreed, it is a different sound, but I can't say my 230 is quiet. I'm in Raleigh too, and happy to give a test drive on Falls Lake any time! I might be out there this weekend doing oil and plug change....and a cruise

I went for a ride with waterboy today. The 4-strokers are definitely quieter than 2-strokers. But it's not just that they're quieter, the tone of the engines is easier to talk over.

Dave, thanks for the ride! We enjoyed it!

Jmauld, here's my video from last season comparing my LS to my SX230. Only thing I miss was the 2 stroke power. But all things considered, this loss was made up for by incredibly better gas mileage - even hauling ass all day long; the reliability factor of the 4 strokes; and the huge increase in room. My LS hit 53 no problem; the SX230 will hit 48 with a full load. 54 with a light load. So not much speed difference, just more of a hole shot difference.

Back