• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamalube

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can get the kit on Partzilla for $37.61 shipped.;) I just reordered to have a set on standby.
Yup that's who I use as well and they ship fast too.:thumbsup:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, if you read the T&C, that program warrants the engine only for breakdown due to failure of the oil...

Personally, I would not bother. Never heard of an engine failing from failed oil (that could be proven).
Agree. Unless that's a free program and you already plan on using Yamalube then there is no point.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yup that's who I use as well and they ship fast too.:thumbsup:
@Bill D

That does sound like a decent price including shipping....but I can't find it on Partzilla. Can you provide a link to it? I can get 5 quarts of mobil 1 for $22.88 and a filter for $15 each (usually can get a discount on top of the 15 of some kind from Advance auto). Is that $37 per engine or does that include 2 filters?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-LUB-WTRCG-KT-10.html I think this the kit he's talking about. I'm not sure what the shipping charge is though, free if you spend $150
This kit in the picture has the Made in Japan filter! Which is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere. Can't tell from the picture if this is the larger (proper) size filter for the 1.8l or the smaller one they made for skis etc.
But - if this is the right (bigger) size filter and the kit really comes with the Japanese filter, not Thai, this is a unicorn - and worth every penny!!!! This could be a great find.
Those made in Japan filters have the fleece-type media which is believed to be vastly superior to the conventional insert of the widely available newer variety (made in Thailand).

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep, that's the kit @Joe Hellaby. I didn't realize about the free shipping over $150. I ordered 4, so my total was $150.44. Lol. I'll correct my previous post to reflect shipping.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that's the kit @Joe Hellaby. I didn't realize about the free shipping over $150. I ordered 4, so my total was $150.44. Lol. I'll correct my previous post to reflect shipping.
Does it include the made in Japan filter (larger sized)? Do you know if they sell those filters alone?

--

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This kit in the picture has the Made in Japan filter! Which is IMPOSSIBLE to find anywhere. Can't tell from the picture if this is the larger (proper) size filter for the 1.8l or the smaller one they made for skis etc.
But - if this is the right (bigger) size filter and the kit really comes with the Japanese filter, not Thai, this is a unicorn - and worth every penny!!!! This could be a great find.
Those made in Japan filters have the fleece-type media which is believed to be vastly superior to the conventional insert of the widely available newer variety (made in Thailand).

--
@swatski how does one tell if it is the made in Japan filter? I can take a picture of the filter when the kits arrive. I'll post a picture of the filter that came in the kit I used last year when I get the boat tonight.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski I found a picture that shows the filter from last years kit installed. Appears that this unicorn is really just a horse. Or zebra...

IMG_0372.PNG

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski how does one tell if it is the made in Japan filter? I can take a picture of the filter when the kits arrive. I'll post a picture of the filter that came in the kit I used last year when I get the boat tonight.
I know you already answered your own question - but this is what got me excited - can barely see in the pic.
upload_2017-5-12_13-6-53.png

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see the horn now... "Made in Japan". I'll let you know what comes in the new kits I just ordered.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The kit I got from them when I did my 10 hour service last season was with a Made in Thailand filter.