• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2.3L EcoBoost and EcoJet by Indmar

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a damn cool jet design for a pontoon!

I'd check into this way ahead of the new Seadoo design. I love the way this completely opens up the transom area vs a normal outboard. The video lists off a ton of advantages for this new package.

Also the 2.3 Ecoboost engine offers 310hp / 350 ftlb with that torque coming at 2200rpm.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, they thought of everything with that design. I like it waaaaaay better than the Seadoo!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I'm a day late and a dollar short again.

I like it!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, now lets see which pontoon mfg's jump on board with it as a powersource. The only issue is many of them are tied to a particular outboard MFG. If Bennington, or Premier pick it up as an option, I will be watching these over the next few years. I am on a bay with a shallow channel. This is on my short list!

Thanks for sharing!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Price would be the deciding factor for me. The mid sized seadoo pontoon is around $30k, I haven’t seen any conventional pontoons similarly priced but admit that the ones that caught my eye were more feature packed/luxurious non entry level models.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Price would be the deciding factor for me. The mid sized seadoo pontoon is around $30k, I haven’t seen any conventional pontoons similarly priced but admit that the ones that caught my eye were more feature packed/luxurious non entry level models.
yup, I have no interest in one of the entry level pontoons. If I ever replace my 242LS, it won't be for a plastic boat. It will be similar to the Bennington Tritoon we are used to. The biggest drawback to it, is the waste of space that is the outboard. Love the economy, power and lack of noise, but it cannot compare to the swimdeck on the Yamaha.

So once an MFG jumps on board, we will see what they do with that platform out back. Note in the video, it was boat tests way of showcasing the engine and propulsion, not any boat mfg. Even the logos were pulled from the prototype to help with that.

The prototype did have a deck extension. But I could not see any way for it to lower or raise. I could see someone designing something that was hydraulic with a lowering platform down to water level.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
oh man it'd be so nice surfing along at 4*** RPMs rather than screaming at 6-7kRPMs drinking gas.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now we need someone to step up and make a twin engine jetoon.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the lower RPM and torque on this. The stern sure needs WAY more work though.
Notice how that video was not meant to showcase the boat. It was just to demonstrate Indmars new engine/propulsion combination

Jakob Grimm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Anybody know who made the boat?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It was cool that they showed that this was currently installed into a Sylvan boat. I can't wait to see a Bennington with it installed. Especially with their elliptical pontoons. Heck with the wide elliptical pontoons on the side of their big pontoons, they could theoretically drop one in each! Oh my!

Sorry to say, but at roughly just over 300hp, this could be my next rig if configured right. All they gotta do it create a swim platform and it would be complete. I keep thinking some sort of swim platform with hydraulics to adjust lower when anchored.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Keep in mind I’m primarily a River boater however do you know how cool this would be if Axis or Moomba put two of these in one of their Wake Boats! For the people that would own a Wake Boat if they didn’t travel in shallow water.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep in mind I’m primarily a River boater however do you know how cool this would be if Axis or Moomba put two of these in one of their Wake Boats! For the people that would own a Wake Boat if they didn’t travel in shallow water.
That seems like just the opposite of the point. If you were not in shallow water, you would stick with the large v-drive. Other than potential space savings, the v-drive is a much more efficient use of the hp the larger raptor engines provide. That Inmar is known for. Pushing around the weight of a wake boat would not be the best application of this drive systems. And other than navigating shallows, surfing is done in 10ft of water or more.

On the other hand, putting it in a pontoon that would be going in shallow water, and would want to utilize more of the rear platform is nearly ideal. I'm not quite sure why most jet boat owners brag about shallow draft and nothing below the hull, but are scared of running them in shallow water below 3ft. You are either proud of it's shallow draft or scared of it.

The potential of damage to a prop, or damage by sucking up small rocks is there for both. I personally have to navigate a 1.2ft deep channel to get out of my bay. I am lucky to know there are some small rocks, but it's mostly sand/mud. So I rock my 242 through it at 30mph+ That's way better than idling through slow for sure. I can't do that with a prop boat. But I would with an Inmar powered tri-toon.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seems like just the opposite of the point. If you were not in shallow water, you would stick with the large v-drive. Other than potential space savings, the v-drive is a much more efficient use of the hp the larger raptor engines provide. That Inmar is known for. Pushing around the weight of a wake boat would not be the best application of this drive systems. And other than navigating shallows, surfing is done in 10ft of water or more.

On the other hand, putting it in a pontoon that would be going in shallow water, and would want to utilize more of the rear platform is nearly ideal. I'm not quite sure why most jet boat owners brag about shallow draft and nothing below the hull, but are scared of running them in shallow water below 3ft. You are either proud of it's shallow draft or scared of it.

The potential of damage to a prop, or damage by sucking up small rocks is there for both. I personally have to navigate a 1.2ft deep channel to get out of my bay. I am lucky to know there are some small rocks, but it's mostly sand/mud. So I rock my 242 through it at 30mph+ That's way better than idling through slow for sure. I can't do that with a prop boat. But I would with an Inmar powered tri-toon.
I did this a bunch when we were in FL. Once I realized pretty much the entire area was at LEAST 2ft deep, I just keep a keen eye out front and got after it. It's a shallow draft, might as well use it right?

I had a conversation a few years ago about putting twin jets in a pontoon. Buddy thought I was nuts, but we were drinking so he went along. Appears I was just ahead of my time :D :D.

Biggest complaints with a pontoon, for me, is the crapp rear lounge area with a giant outboard sitting there and the aerodynamic drag when towing. Jets fix 1/2 the problems for me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why wouldn't companies like Yamaha put a larger, more economical engine to power the jets? Something that is quieter, with possible gearing so they don't have to rev at 8000 rpm's. LIke what they are doing above. If you want twin jets, then 1 shaft coming off of engine to a gearbox that will power two impellers.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

I think maybe I didn’t write that well. I am in a river pulling up to sand bars and generally run in 3’ or more of water. Just for sitting at a sand bar alone this would be beneficial to not worry about the shaft and prop underneath (hitting the sand). The other option is to anchor out which I could live with but the rest of the family does not think like I do. When doing water sports we are always in deeper water. However when running up river it is common to see 2.3’ of water. The bottom is primarily sand and in 10 years of owning a jet boat I have never had a problem recking anything by sucking stuff up. Also I take off and shut down in 5’ of water and never basically idle in less than 3’ of water. Does this make sense now?

Last edited: