• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2015 242 limited S come with

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What comes with the boat when its picked up? I thought the anchor and rope was standard, is this not the case?

Highly doubt it will come with anchor and rope unless the dealer decides to throw that in. Boats pretty much come "bare" and you have to buy fenders, anchor(s), lines, life jackets, throwable floatation, fire extinguishers, etc..

Ok does anyone prferer the thin yamaha style bumpers or standard large round ones?

I don't think Yamaha provides an anchor. Mine was in the Coast Guard box the dealer gave me. My cousin just bought a 190 and he is having a hard time finding an anchor that will fit the storage area.

Unless you specifically need the thin ones because you're in a narrow slip, the round ones will provide better protection. I currently use Taylormade flat fenders but only because my slip is so narrow.

If you haven't already purchased your boat, you might try and make a deal with your dealer...as in pay X and they throw in a cover, life jackets, anchor...never know until you ask.

Pickup tomorrow the deal is already worked out. No freebees but good discount off the msrp.

As far as fenders go, I only use the round style so no experience with the flat style fenders, the only negative with the round fenders is that they can rub and scuff the gelcoat on the black colored hulls.
Didn't seem to be a problem with the blue hull gelcoat, or maybe scuffing just didn't show?
Get a fender cover or make your own to avoid the scuffing.

Well the dealer can give you all the extras or a discount. They usually don't discount too much off MSRP but throw in a lot. I got the Galv trailer, upgraded speakers, rod holders, coast guard package, 5 year warranty, dlx prem mooring cover and a couple more things. Personally I'd rather they give me everything and I can roll it in the financing. coast guard package includes flares, life jackets, anchor, rope, bumpers, boat pole and maybe something else.

Good Morning, @john94si ...... Glad you have joined us.
Fist I hope you are asking about a "242 Limited S" 2015 model year boat. If so, it comes with: 2 batteries, and 2 small fire extinguishers. They do indeed come with TWO (2) fire extinguishers, and I have now confirmed this.
Your dealer SHOULD, if he is half-way decent about it, throw in a "Coast Guard safety package of several life preservers."
You do NOT get an anchor, nor any ropes, and no dock bumpers whatsoever.
Good Luck, and let us know how else we can help you. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

NOTE: This post was edited on 4-27-2015.

Last edited:
Depending on the area you will be boating, you might want to consider a second anchor for the stern. I found one at a sporting goods consignment store. I got a real good deal on it.

Good Morning, @john94si ...... Glad you have joined us.
Fist I hope you asre asking about a "242 Limited S" 2015 model year boat. If so, it comes with: 2 batteries, and at least 1 small fire extinguishers. I think they are supposed to come with TWO (2) fire extinguishers, but personally I cannot as of yet confirm that.
Your dealer SHOULD, if he is half-way decent about it, throw in a "Coast Guard safety package of several life preservers."
You do NOT get an anchor, nor any ropes, and no dock bumpers whatsoever.
Good Luck, and let us know how else we can help you. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
This is not completely accurate. The boat comes from yamaha without batteries or any of the above mentioned stuff. The dealer prep fees that you pay, depending on what the dealer charges, includes these items...and it varies dealer to dealer. Phil Dill Boats for example used to include a full mooring and trailering cover, a coast guard package that included fenders, life jackets, anchor/chain/rode, fire ext., a couple of floating key chains, and a full tank of gas. I don't know what they are including today, as it is up to the dealer. There are some dealers that don't even put in a fire extinguisher. And other dealers that don't add a second battery, even though the boat comes with battery switch for two batteries! So you may or may not get a coast guard package, but you need many of the items in it to be even legal. It amazes me that some dealers will sell a boat that is not even legal in their own state, by excluding the fire extinguishers. Oh, btw, some states REQUIRE TWO, one at the helm and the other at the engine. Congrats on the boat! All of this is part of the learning curve on what you need and what you don't. Even if the boat comes with an anchor, you will find quickly, that it is not sufficient to hold the boat except on a calm day. Many guys will replace that undersized device with a more adequate anchor. Congrats again!

I apologize, so as to be totally accurate, as Mel, @txav8r, is correct.
At the MSLP, Yamaha INTENDS for there to be 2 batteries, as they include the batteries trays, the battery cabling, and the special battery switching panel.
But because they get shipped in at a bad angle on an 18-wheeler, Yamaha does NOT include the batteries from the factory.

The batteries, and the "rigging" of a new Yamaha is upon to the dealer to pay for (2 batteries) and the rigging/set-up labor.
I will attempt to be more clear in future posts. Mike Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - The FIRE EXTINGUISHER comments by me were due to the fact that YAMAHA installed on 2015 242's ....... FACTORY LABELS saying "FIRE EXTINGUISHER INSIDE" on the seat bottom where the batteries are stored, and the helm compartment door. Those labels are Yamahas, not from the dealer. This was CONFIRMED today with 2 dealers.

Last edited:
No worries @MikeyL , I just wanted to help make sure guys don't think they are getting ripped off, because many dealers can be different than others. It is still a "buyer beware" situation, and the more you know, the more prepared you are to negotiate a deal. Whether it is good or not depends on perspective more than numbers. Just remember, there is no free lunch...if you hammer them on the boat numbers, they will make it up elsewhere, they have to...it was a cost to them and they are in business to make a profit, how much is a two way street.

Picked her up but barely made it home. The trailer wheels are bouncing like crazy. Stopped at tiresplus to have them checked and 3 are very bent and the dealer wont help us. They balanced them but still bounce a lot. Plus they didn't give us the shipping cover that we asked for. And the rear center cushion is gone..

Sounds like this is not a good dealer and you should try to get what you're supposed to. Call Yamaha directly about the wheels and the missing cushion if the dealer wont help. Where are you located, you need to update your profile so maybe some people in your area can help.

Picked her up but barely made it home. The trailer wheels are bouncing like crazy. Stopped at tiresplus to have them checked and 3 are very bent and the dealer wont help us. They balanced them but still bounce a lot. Plus they didn't give us the shipping cover that we asked for. And the rear center cushion is gone..

Wow....I would have taken the boat immediately back to the dealer and said..."Fix this". Now that you' ve had someone mess with the tires...I'm not sure if you have any regress there, but I'd still give it a shot if all you did was have the tires balanced. If the dealer refuses to address this, call mother Yamaha. Pretty sure their customer service number is linked in the FAQ (link below). Was the center cushion there when you left the dealer?

Round bumpers are way better than the flat ones...I had them both and gave my flat ones away.

Cushions have a way of flying out of the boat if towed without a cover at highway speeds, even cupholders can come out on occasion as those speeds make for some pretty big pressures in some weird areas. I have never heard of bent wheels...except where run over curbs or dropped off a curb. I have read about really good customer service and some pretty lousy customer service over the years about Yamaha. I hate to say this, but there are always two sides to the story. I am not doubting you, but if you didn't include in writing, on the deal sheet and again on the closing papers, that the shipping cover was included, many of them just trash them. Other dealers give away the shipping cover. But without securing all loose things in the boat, carpets, cushions, literally anything that isn't locked down, towing without a cover is risky.

I would certainly agree that you should go straight back to the dealer, with the boat, and get the wheel issue sorted out, no matter who damaged the wheels, they have to be straight. But your idea of straight may be different than what trailer tires and wheels typically are. They don't come balanced, but some have them balanced anyway. They are bias ply tires, not radials, so they don't balance well. Others change out the wheels and tires quickly, others wait until they are worn out. If you can prove that you drove away with wheels that were not true, they should stand behind them. But my guess is that once you have made it home and back, they will pretty much feel that any damage was caused by you. If they are typical wheels and the tire place just couldn't get them to balance and made excuses, which they often will with bias ply tires, your on your own. The dealer may help with some of it anyway if they were delivered to him that way. Get with your salesman and the service manager, maybe you can get some help with it. If you were promised a cover, and they didn't have it and were going to get it for you later, I would say you have an argument about the cushion too, as they are prone to fly out. A dealer should attempt to make your purchase experience a successful one if you are workable too.

The dealer I bought my second boat from promised me a shipping cover too, since the one on the boat shredded in the first 30 minutes of driving. But I had bought a mooring and trailering cover from them as well, so I just put that on and finished my 300 mile drive from getting the boat. I didn't intend to tow the boat with the new cover at that point. I never received the shipping cover from the selling dealer, and bugging them about it just became work, so I stopped. And that wasn't in the deal sheet either, because the cover was on the boat when I left and it shredded. The promised cover was nothing but a phone call that didn't materialize. Best thing I can share with you is to put expectations outside of the basic deal behind you, and enjoy the boat without letting this set the tone. If you have to have true rolling wheels to be happy if they are just what they are, go get some wheels and radials and be done with it. Many of us drive with the bias ply tires and stock wheels for 1000's of miles without issue, so if yours are really bent and it isn't from a curb or something similar, get them to ride with you and see it, they should replace them.

Please do update your profile as mentioned by @Julian to include your location and new boat, it will help you going forward. A good many guys have found a number of solutions to stock wheels and tires that they just didn't feel were true enough for them, start a thread or search for wheels or tire replacement, the options are many. One more thing that will help you from scratching that beautiful boat...practice. Many folks just load up the kids and neighbors and hit the lake, only to have distractions and crowded ramps haunt them into damage right off the bat. These boats are different than other boats and nothing like the skis you had, except to have jet propulsion. They don't handle like the skis at all and they are big and have a bunch of mass. They are easy to maneuver only after you learn to predict what they will do in varying conditions. So a weekday without the masses, and your first mate, will learn the nuances and behavior, to establish the skills you need to have a great summer with the new boat. Use lots of fenders the first month, practice loading/unloading before you ever leave the ramp and do this on a CALM day. Practice docking skills in open water, again no wind, with either a buoy or a fender floating. And after the break-in period, and you get to mash those throttles all the way down, get your first mate to snap a few pics of you at the helm...we love pics here! Congrats again, and don't let the first experience set the tone, much enjoyment to come!

Back