• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 Premium Deluxe Mooring Cover or Dealship Installed 2-Piece cover with snaps?

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys... about to close a deal on a new 2015 AR240. Dealership gives me the option of the Yamaha premium deluxe mooring cover (which I think I would rather have - pic attached to this post ) or get the one that the dealership installs with snaps into the side of the boat. I kind of don't like the idea of that and would rather not have snaps installed but apparently I need the snaps setup to haul boat on the highway so cover does not blow off? Will the premium deluxe mooring cover be easy to use and not blow off on the highway? I will be trailering the boat from location to location for use and it will be covered in my driveway for most of it's life. The dealership suggested snap on cover is a two part cover also where the mooring is a one piece. What are your thoughts guys?

Eric

Attachments

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@RegezM3 I responded to your question about the cover in the other post but I have the exact setup in your picture and, although I have not gone for long trips, I have had no problem on the highway with the mooring cover. My boat always goes to and leaves the dealer with the mooring cover on it.
On the other hand, I have had snaps on my fishing boat that have come undone and even torn out after a trip on the highway. For traveling and protecting the boat when not in use, I think the mooring cover is definitely the way to go.

Strassenfest

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My first boat had a bow and cockpit cover, they looked cool but had way too many snaps and not good for trailering so I also bought a mooring cover too. On my new boat I went with a Premium Deluxe cover... no more snaps! Thing fits like a glove.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Snaps get outlandishly hot in the summer sun and always find a way to meet your skin...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mooring cover for sure.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Reading YOUR situation, I agree with you purchasing a Mooring Cover.
Ya know, you can buy this for a LOT less from a Yamaha dealer in TX - Stadium Yamaha.
And have it shipped to you. Saves you a few sheckles. PM me if you're interested.

HOWEVER .......... For the "other side" to the question.

IF your boat is on a lift, get the bow/cockpit covers for sure !@
Just my 2 cents worth ........ Barbie loves her new covers, BTW. LOL !
Be good .......... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey guys... about to close a deal on a new 2015 AR240. Dealership gives me the option of the Yamaha premium deluxe mooring cover (which I think I would rather have - pic attached to this post ) or get the one that the dealership installs with snaps into the side of the boat. I kind of don't like the idea of that and would rather not have snaps installed but apparently I need the snaps setup to haul boat on the highway so cover does not blow off? Will the premium deluxe mooring cover be easy to use and not blow off on the highway? I will be trailering the boat from location to location for use and it will be covered in my driveway for most of it's life. The dealership suggested snap on cover is a two part cover also where the mooring is a one piece. What are your thoughts guys?

Eric
I have the premium on mine.. I took my boat out for the first time this weekend. I was able to get the cover back on by myself.. it took a little bit of effort but I was able to do it alone.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wet slip and travel with our boat. We have the premium mooring cover. No problems.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mooring cover all the way! We trailer everywhere we go at high end (70-80) highway speeds without a problem. I have the standard Yamaha mooring cover. Even in a slip it's a doable option and protects the boat very well.

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent Thank you for the feedback!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One major problem with the snap on bow and cockpit cover is that it allows water (rain) to run down the covered windshield under the bow cover and into the bow. A piss poor design. To correct that problem you need to modify the cover and add an extra piece to overlap one cover over the other. YAMAHA!! Are you listening? Had one on my previous boat and loved it. Have one on present boat and dislike it. properly designed makes a difference.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have both and use the snap cover when the boat is in the water or on the lift, and use the yamaha cover when trailering. Never had a problem with either. The position of the snaps on my boat is such that I've never sat on or touched them in the sun....you boat might be different....so your results might vary.

I love having a bow cover ....especially when we get caught out in the rain on the water.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now that we have our new boat, and thanks to y'all, we DID order the bow and cockpit covers,, and snaps installed by our dealer.
And we wanted to report we are THRILLED with these covers operation.
Do please know we keep our boat on a vertical lift which also has a cover.
Just wanted y'all to know these two covers are so easy for Barbie & me to install. They're not for everyone, but for those who also use a lift, we just wanted to know we are very grateful this thread was started, and for the advice we learned here.
Hope this helps someone else.
Hey ! Enjoy a GREAT day today ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA