• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Yamaha242lsdallas, I had the same exact questions as you. We have a blue SX240 and I like the chocolate over black better than mocha but was afraid of the heat. Ended up ordering one of the "optional" pieces from Will in each color (1x - the one that goes where the step is on the engine cover and isn't part of the regular kit). I figured that I'd use one or the other when we get the rest of the boat and the other one I can always post here for a taker!

Step 1 was to put both of them down in the blazing sun on the deck (Fiberon Ipe - like Trex, brown/tan color). Barefoot, neither one got as hot as the deck! Yeah, they were warm but not as warm as I thought they'd be. Most surprising, there wasn't all that much difference between them - but the chocolate was a bit warmer, as expected.

Step 2 was to repeat in the boat. Preface: the Admiral really liked the mocha better - until she saw them in the boat. Our upholstery has the "tan" accent and the mocha clashes a bit. Chocolate looks better for my interior, IMO. (Admiral agrees now too!) And then we left them in the sun for a day of boating. Again, chocolate was a little bit warmer but neither was objectionable. What was a surprise was that neither seadek was that much warmer than the WHITE floor. No comparison with carpet available - those came out day one and have not been in since!

Texas sun is a whole other league than Delaware, however, so you may want to try similar experiment. I figure I'm getting the stuff anyway - especially now that we're surely at either 25% or 30%, so for $30ish I'm more at ease with the dark one.

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think @JetBoatPilot is keeping us all in suspense! Or just out enjoying the long weekend! I'm excited to see the "official" count...

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure he's just on vacay.

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on my "unofficial" count, it looks like this:

In (assuming at least 1 unit) - 22 units
@PyroIV , @redthumper9 , @njmr2fan , @Gumbeaux , @Just1more , @eticket , @Trevor Shipman , @bronze_10 , @aarons1k , @Pbirbeck , @Flower , @msavold , @atkinse , @smthng , @dan144k , @miketke , @Wayloncle , @Joel Caron , @Nucem140 , @Chris K , @Knot Practical , @LyonsAR210

1/2 unit - 2.5 total
@Karnwine , @Manchild , @mgabsa , @Tranio , @Jimonthebeach

Questionable - assuming 1 unit, another 6 units
@scot71 , @Zeus2013 , @Craig , @McMark , @TheGreekTitan , @Yamaha242lsdallas

Based on these replies, looks like we are really close to 30.5 units...

Knot Practical

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With 2946 members I would hope this forum can sell 30 units for a 30% discount. Remember the nicer your boat is the more time you will spend on it.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just found out about this from the "other" site. Very interested in the full kit for my 2008 212X... would have loved these this summer.

I understand that this kit is available for my model year (cockpit + swim deck), and that the color choices are:
Chocolate over Black, Storm Grey over Black and Mocha Over Black.

Since my boat is pretty much black/white, I'm thinking the Storm Grey over Black is the best option. I will email will right now and if I can get the 30% off, I will jump on this.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just found out about this from the "other" site. Very interested in the full kit for my 2008 212X... would have loved these this summer.

I understand that this kit is available for my model year (cockpit + swim deck), and that the color choices are:

Since my boat is pretty much black/white, I'm thinking the Storm Grey over Black is the best option. I will email will right now and if I can get the 30% off, I will jump on this.
Were you one of the guys I sent it to on Facebook?

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
^No, I just saw the post on the "other" site.

Very interested... but I'm confused: at which point does this commitment happen? ie: when do we know the discount rate?

Also: I'm trying to decide which style and color to go for with my boat. Anyone have suggestions or pictures?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ncnmra Check out the first post in this thread. It'll give you all the information you need.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Right; I read the first page.... but I'm confused as to the commitment stage. ie: I'm very interested at 30% off, not so much at 10%. Will the order be taken after the tally is made, or do I commit blindly?

Still trying to figure out style and color choice. Thinking storm grey over black, but not sure about the style?

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right; I read the first page.... but I'm confused as to the commitment stage. ie: I'm very interested at 30% off, not so much at 10%. Will the order be taken after the tally is made, or do I commit blindly?

Still trying to figure out style and color choice. Thinking storm grey over black, but not sure about the style?
I believe you commit, then based on how many commit, the discount is applied. Will has been giving an update on count. So you could keep a tab on it and wait until it gets to the discount level you want.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, considering I'm in Canada, I have to factor in the crappy exchange rate, so I will keep an eye on this thread to see how it unfolds.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

My boat is same vintage as yours, I believe (but am not sure) our interiors have similar vinyl and colors. This is what I did:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-230-seadek-install-note-pix-heavy.5837/

Same colors with the teak look also is very sharp. Do you like simpler or more detailed look? Note the teak look costs more as there is more CNC time.

My wife LOVES the SeaDek.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I believe you commit, then based on how many commit, the discount is applied. Will has been giving an update on count. So you could keep a tab on it and wait until it gets to the discount level you want.
@ncnmra @JetBoatPilot will post the current count shortly. You can join in the group buy at any time. If the count is already at 26, then you would be buying in at the 30% off, if it is less, then you would be committing to the lower discount unless more people join in and it gets up to the 30% discount participation level. The group buy discount would be determined at the end of September, or when then max discount is reached. Looks like it is fast approaching the full discount....

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ncnmra, based on Will's last official update of 16.5, we've already passed 20% (so the 10% is out of the question) and there have been several takers since then. I'd guess 25 is a pretty safe bet if not 30 already. And there's no HST! ;)

Come on in, the water's fine!

(All kidding aside, I hear you! Living in the U.S., some income in Canadian dollars... Ouch.)

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What colors have other used for the tan 232 Limited colors for 2008? I've seen on mocha brown that looked good, but I am worried about heat with the dark colors.

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just hoping he does it again next year. I've went over on my boat budget for the year:facepalm:

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
...full kit for my 2008 212X.... the color choices are:
If it helps your choice at all, I'm pretty sure we have the same boat... Black and white hull, greenish "X" logo, not-quite-white seats with silverish accent panels. Based on @GTBRMC 's post, I went with the storm gray over black with the faux teak pattern. The pattern is personal preference, but I think the storm gray on the mats matches the silver detailing on our boats almost perfectly.