• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed 2015 SeaDek Group Buy

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got mine in yesterday! Looks awesome. Can't wait to get it installed!

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got mine as well, yeah!

atkinse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best thing to remove glue. Brake cleaner and a plastic scraper. Worked like a charm

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is mine installed in the Summer. Didn't get in on your group buy :env: but it is pretty awesome. Cleans well, and feels great.

upload_2015-11-7_23-32-36.png

upload_2015-11-7_23-33-11.png

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got mine last Saturday!!!

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just got mine delivered! Since I wont be installing until spring, should I unroll them and lay them flat somewhere? Or can I keep them rolled up in the box?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I asked Will the same question and he said to lie them flat.

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The weather down here in Texas is turning and its hard to find a good time to install mats however last week their was a break with one 80 degree day.
I took advantage of this one warm day and sorted my mats out. I finished a small touch up this afternoon and while I was at the marina I snapped some
pictures for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Being a new 242LS owner the SeaDek looks great and easy to maintain. My carpets look great but I can see the advantages to installing these for cleaning ease and appearance. Buying at the end of the season with less that one hour of seat time on the boat I was looking for some possible pros and cons of the product.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Received my order all good and on time, thank you Will. Fitted in 88 degree heat, had to be careful of sweat dripping from my brow onto the clean surface, such a difficult task ;):D.
On a more serious note, a little disappointed the SeaDek didn't cover all my popper holes, maybe Yamaha just stick them where they like, but I'd of thought the carpet pattern would decided where they go, or maybe @JetBoatPilot you need to re-adjust your pattern, so going closer to the edge?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Britboater we template from the factory anti skid, not from the carpet. The kits would cost much more if we enlarged the parts beyond where they are now. Sheet sizes determine parts yield and we optimize to lower prices.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Britboater we template from the factory anti skid, not from the carpet. The kits would cost much more if we enlarged the parts beyond where they are now. Sheet sizes determine parts yield and we optimize to lower prices.
I wonder if it would be possible to make some small bits to cover those snaps that are way away from the main section? Also, looks like a half inch increase in size would be all that would be needed to cover those on the edge of the mats. Can you order boats without the carpet snaps? If not, then everyone has this issue?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All Yamaha Boats come with carpet. We could extend the mats a half inch but not sure if that would increase the sheet usage. We typically max out each sheet when we design the kit but there could be room to improve. Tell me exactly which mats meet to be enlarged.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All Yamaha Boats come with carpet. We could extend the mats a half inch but not sure if that would increase the sheet usage. We typically max out each sheet when we design the kit but there could be room to improve. Tell me exactly which mats meet to be enlarged.
It's the sections around the two seats, I did try and move the panel to cover the holes up, but you have the circle around the seat base to align, so not able to move too much. It is literally 1/2" more to both passenger and drivers outer edges. With the 2016 boats you don't need to included the anchor locker as that comes already covered from factory, so not sure if that gives you any more material to work with.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if deleting them would help since we'd only have more scrap material left behind. On 2015 models the AR240 and SX240 did not come with SeaDek so we created the kit with the anchor locker mat and Bow steps. To keep it simple we will likely still sell a 2015 kit to a 2016 boat owner since the hull did not change.

I will try to look and see if adding a half inch to the edges will impact the nesting.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being a new 242LS owner the SeaDek looks great and easy to maintain. My carpets look great but I can see the advantages to installing these for cleaning ease and appearance. Buying at the end of the season with less that one hour of seat time on the boat I was looking for some possible pros and cons of the product.
If your back deck is worn out I would go ahead and replace it with this but keep the carpet a season and see what you think. I didn't do the interior as my carpet is still brand new never used but honestly I do not plan to use it either just run mostly with the normal bottom.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 thanks fine sir, that's some great advise as everything is like new so no need to spend extra cash. Lord know after you buy a boat the gates open on assesories and fun things.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 thanks fine sir, that's some great advise as everything is like new so no need to spend extra cash. Lord know after you buy a boat the gates open on assesories and fun things.
That is why many say that BOAT=Break Out Another Thousand! LOL

But it brings so much joy! And we wouldn't all know each other if it hadn't been for our boats!