• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you just bought your Garmin, there's a fair chance it already has 10.0 on it. That's the second half of what @DieselCamel was saying. Might want to check your version before you spend good money on a chart card that may not work. The other thing to watch out for on cheap chart cards is the chart version may be old and outdated. Always try to get the most current chart available. Some of the ones I looked at on eBay were pretty old.

I was called out for being cheap on passports......I would say your navigation system is equally as important, if not more so. Just my opinion.
Lol I agree but Bimini I could pretty much run with out charts for 90% of it. The only reason I will likely buy the Vision 2 HD charts for the Bahamas is for future plans but you are correct there is no need to spend $80 now and $350 later on the same charts so I will just buy the correct one in June so I can update it next June for free under the Garmin 1 year free updates to have the latest charts for two years.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol I agree but Bimini I could pretty much run with out charts for 90% of it. The only reason I will likely buy the Vision 2 HD charts for the Bahamas is for future plans but you are correct there is no need to spend $80 now and $350 later on the same charts so I will just buy the correct one in June so I can update it next June for free under the Garmin 1 year free updates to have the latest charts for two years.
I'm glad my post was taken in the spirit it was intended. Semi-serious/semi-humorous doesn't always come across in the typed word. So thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt.
Question I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting, but which this chartplotter discussion has brought to mind: Does anybody go out on their boat at night while in Bimini?
I have always enjoyed boating and being on the water after dark. I enjoy the peace and calm and also I admit I like the challenges of navigating in the dark. However, I'm aware that the waters around Bimini are pretty shallow and most of the hazards are probably not well marked, so it may be overly risky to run at night.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm glad my post was taken in the spirit it was intended. Semi-serious/semi-humorous doesn't always come across in the typed word. So thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt.
Question I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting, but which this chartplotter discussion has brought to mind: Does anybody go out on their boat at night while in Bimini?
I have always enjoyed boating and being on the water after dark. I enjoy the peace and calm and also I admit I like the challenges of navigating in the dark. However, I'm aware that the waters around Bimini are pretty shallow and most of the hazards are probably not well marked, so it may be overly risky to run at night.
Yes to evening boating. Then you can post in this thread. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sex-on-a-boat.2688/

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes @Andy S @1948Isaac and I usually spend the day day running around with the family's but then drop the woman and children off and head back out and do some night fishing I would bet we spend atleast 3 nights out fishing till after midnight. You can see one of our night fishing trips in Bimini from 2016 here at about the 3:40 mark.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who is up for some shuffleboard at the infinity pool? Gaylord has hooked us up.

E8FF0DF1-6FC9-4963-A155-CA98191FEC10.jpeg

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can see one of our night fishing trips in Bimini from 2016 here at about the 3:40 mark
Looks like you guys had fun; some nice catches there, too.

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Set To Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello...
Im new to the jet boat community. I live in ft Lauderdale. I’ve had a jet boat little over a year. I have bin local and Miami, & have went out @ night..
Going to take a trip to the keys this weekend.
Have wanted to take a trip to Bimini but Iv bin hesitant. I would love to go on a trip with the group. I have a 21ft 06 Yamaha AR210. As Iv bin told I could make it no problem on the correct weather conditions, & correct safety gear
Thoughts?
Thank you all..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian has registered to captain Hydrotherapy 3 with a crew of 3 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Raleigh NC.

The crew is described as: This year Hydrotherapy 3 will have Julian, my brother Alistair, and possibly one or two neighbors.

You can register for the event using the form at
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Julian has registered to captain Hydrotherapy 3 with a crew of 3 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Raleigh NC.

The crew is described as: This year Hydrotherapy 3 will have Julian, my brother Alistair, and possibly one or two neighbors.

https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-june-25th-to-30th.8/respond for June 25th to 30th
or
https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond for July 9th to 14th
Awesome!

--

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

or
He is with the cool kids!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He is with the cool kids!
I think, he had to. One more cool person on the July group and there and will be running the risk of being boarded by the USCG for excessive coolness.;)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce what was the total boat count last year? Are we pacing to eclipse that total between the two dates this year?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I came across this this Mornin
Will there be any available for this years trip?D5133327-0870-4D2D-B88E-1421B4C302A5.jpeg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce what was the total boat count last year? Are we pacing to eclipse that total between the two dates this year?
We are very close. I expect that we will have around 60 vessels between the two dates this year versus 45 last year.