• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242 LSE engines hours out of sync BAD!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats quite a bit of a discrepancy.
I remember someone else having the same issue, not sure the outcome

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think its a Connext Issue. Mine is off quite a bit as well (not that bad though) and is showing lower than actual hours, however when we took it to the dealer for the 10hr service (Connext said it had 1.8 and 3 or something like that) the dealer confirmed that a) The motors had 9.8 and 9.9hrs and b) They had no idea why the Connext was incorrect. Evidently the real hours data is still in the ECU and there is a sync problem with the ECU and Connext.

Will probably push the issue at a later date, but trying to give Yamaha some time to potentially update the Connext software and get the latest update prior to the end of Warranty.

Jghale

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think its a Connext Issue. Mine is off quite a bit as well (not that bad though) and is showing lower than actual hours, however when we took it to the dealer for the 10hr service (Connext said it had 1.8 and 3 or something like that) the dealer confirmed that a) The motors had 9.8 and 9.9hrs and b) They had no idea why the Connext was incorrect. Evidently the real hours data is still in the ECU and there is a sync problem with the ECU and Connext.

Will probably push the issue at a later date, but trying to give Yamaha some time to potentially update the Connext software and get the latest update prior to the end of Warranty.
Thanks seabrooktx. Yeah I kinda figured that. I guess it’s not a big deal but it would be nice if a new $71k boat worked 100%.

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed. It’s my 3rd Yamaha boat bought new, but all (3) have had some bugs that required working out. So far with the ‘19 it’s been BCU errors, Connext hours and swapped shift cables. Most new boats that I know of, even some north of $100k require some amount of debugging.

One thing that’s a little irritating and I’m hoping Yamaha can fix with an update to Connext is the boot time on the system. Can’t just jump in and go. Have to give the system 45s to a minute to boot before you have any throttle/gate control. That sucks when you jump in and someone has already cut you loose from the dock but you had the key off.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did anyone find the fix for the engine hours discrepancy? When flushing the engines after every outing, I would even the engines hours up the the tenths, but now after my last outing, my hours are off by over six hours(about the length of the outing). I like things right and I know I didn't run around all day on one engine.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep hoping someone has the answer for this. Does anyone know if the connext will reset to the accurate hours if I disconnect the batteries for a few hours?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Don't think there's a fix yet. I just ignore it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did anyone find the fix for the engine hours discrepancy? When flushing the engines after every outing, I would even the engines hours up the the tenths, but now after my last outing, my hours are off by over six hours(about the length of the outing). I like things right and I know I didn't run around all day on one engine.
Wow....I thought I was OCD, but you have me beat there!

@tek4fun any ideas on if this can be fixed or corrected?

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, I know, I even alternate starting the engines to help keep the hours synced and 6 hours difference is crazy.

Jghale

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I keep hoping someone has the answer for this. Does anyone know if the connext will reset to the accurate hours if I disconnect the batteries for a few hours?
I was told by a Tech at BMC boats that the current model of the Connect system that is in the Our boat does not have a way to count engine hours from the ECU. In other words, the connect system is counting hours (somehow) but it’s not information that is coming from the ECU. Currently there is no fix but there should be at some point in the near future.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....I thought I was OCD, but you have me beat there!

@tek4fun any ideas on if this can be fixed or corrected?
That answer is yes. They should be rolling out a new software update campaign to fix what causes the discrepancy within the next couple of months and I heard they are working on a tool to set the engine hours. I have no exact date when all this will be rolled out but it is suppose to be coming.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That answer is yes. They should be rolling out a new software update campaign to fix what causes the discrepancy within the next couple of months and I heard they are working on a tool to set the engine hours. I have no exact date when all this will be rolled out but it is suppose to be coming.
Do you think yamaha will allow customer to update? Provided the customer has laptop and firmware experience. Or do you think this is a dealer update only?

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you think yamaha will allow customer to update? Provided the customer has laptop and firmware experience. Or do you think this is a dealer update only?
I believe that these types of updates will always be dealer only. Just in case, something goes wrong with the update. It would be to protect the end users.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told by a Tech at BMC boats that the current model of the Connect system that is in the Our boat does not have a way to count engine hours from the ECU. In other words, the connect system is counting hours (somehow) but it’s not information that is coming from the ECU. Currently there is no fix but there should be at some point in the near future.

Amazing

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Someone please point out to me what I'm sure is an obvious oversight on my part ?? I have been following this thread since @Jghale first posted . I knew then that I would soon have a 2019 E series boat and wanted to track engine hours from the very beginning. Just got my boat this past Tuesday and spent ALL day today on it. I can't get my "trip info" screen to display engine hours (port & starboard" like the attachment in post #1 ? I took pics of my screen in both "float" and " running" mode but NO hours ? My third pic is of the setting tab where you can reset engine hours since last maintenance but I'm looking for the one that can't be reset ?

Attachments

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got it !! Just another senior moment brain fart. Thanks

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It is getting worse, it's over 15 hours out of sync.20191003_153010.jpgppl20191003_153010.jpg20191003_153010.jpg

Last edited:

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Strange ! FYI , mine are exactly the same with only 3.6 hours on the boat BUT I have not engaged throttle sync yet ?? Do you use single throttle mode a lot ?

Last edited: