• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Gut Busters - Weight Loss Challenge

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
64212a046fbef25020d067b0ed4e5d79.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
6d21894adbc7e70af010e330f3901134.jpg
Lemme know if this is appropriate for y'all or not. I have a thousand of them for motivation myself.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been lifting for 4 years and my weight is constantly fluctuating. I absolutely love food and I eat everything but I still manage to be an athlete. Typically I get 10-15lbs over weight and then I lose it in a few months. I'm on the weight loss phase now and I came across a youtube channel named "jon venus". I've been eating some vegan things and my stomach has never been this balanced.. I dont need probiotics! I am still eating meat, but its significantly less. And most importantly - I lost 8lbs last month!

Edit: also he puts pricing on each meal. So I've been shopping at walmart and saving money at the kitchen. I'm a single guy and living alone: I need to be creative with my money so I can afford my boating habits :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was my biggest issue. I love it. I hurt my back pretty bad aug of 18. I was drinking more beer to help with the pain. I would drink 3 unibrouque trois pistoles a day. Well I finally broke down and got my med card and started on rso for my back. I have lost 60 lbs and am now 210 lbs, which is 10 lbs lighter than my college athlete days 25 plus years ago. of course I have a lot less muscle mass lol. Beer was my biggest issue , it caused my stomach to expand and I ate more because of it. Now i literally eat a small sandwich and i am stuffed.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

I’ve been slacking over the Holidays and into 2020, I put on a solid 18lbs. and I’m approaching the 300lb. mark. Weighed in this morning at 295 ugh😞. So it’s time to do something about it. I’ve read some great post on this thread, and will use for motivation and encouragement. For me it’s been a life long struggle, as a Hawaiian that loves to eat. I don’t want too get long winded and put up a very lengthy post, so I’ll keep it as short as I can. Ok 9yrs ago I fell into a category called Super-Super Morbidly Obese. Yes that’s right Super-Super Morbidly Obese, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. In order to qualify to be in this category ur BMI must be over 80, mines was 81. At the time I weighed

649LBS.

Yes Fat Albert status, well for those of u that r old enough to know who Fat Albert is. At that time I had every FAT BOY health issue u can name, including CHF and my Cardiologist gave me 10-12months to live. My heart was enlarged and struggling, also pumping fluids into my lungs that were 80-85% filled. It was a wake up call for me, then my wife dropped one more bomb telling me she was pregnant. And that she didn’t want to raise our children without a father. At that point I finally flipped the switch in my head to do something about it. Not only because I was dying, but more so for my wife and keiki(children). Well as u can see I’m still here, I’ve lost more weight then most of u weigh presently over 350lbs. I need to pump my brakes, and slap myself in the face. And get back in line, I never want to go back to where I was. Life has been a Blessing everyday, I’m back doing the things I love, and especially loving on the Ohana(Family). So that’s my FAT BOY story, I will keep u folks posted on my Battle. Stay focus we all can do it.🤙🏽

Mahalo ke Akua🙏🏽

Last edited:

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Weighed in at 175 last week, would like to get that down to somewhere in the 150’s. We ate out a lot and I would have 2-3 beers a night. Cutting town to no beer on week days and eating much healthier options. We are doing the 21 day fix exercises in the morning to get back into shape and may change those up after the first or second round of doing them. We are also walking 2-3 miles a day in the afternoon.

My goal is to hit the 150’s mark by June when boating season starts here in the PNW. My main motivation is less weight to make surfing ropeless easier. I figure 20 less pounds on the board should help.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@djetok @rkim808 two great stories! I find it really helpful to have peer mentoring here on ways to not eat! I had a tough week of meetings this week....14 hour days with unhealthy food at every turn! I ate carefully and came out of the week with no gain!!!! A win for me! I also forced myself to get on the elliptical late at night vs just plonking down on the couch and saying AHHHHHH.

Now I have a 4 day weekend with my teen daughter who is a junk food junkie.....wish me luck..... 191 and holding.....target 185 for step one! Oh so close!!!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

I’ve been slacking over the Holidays and into 2020, I put on a solid 18lbs. and I’m approaching the 300lb. mark. Weighed in this morning at 295 ugh😞. So it’s time to do something about it. I’ve read some great post on this thread, and will use for motivation and encouragement. For me it’s been a life long struggle, as a Hawaiian that loves to eat. I don’t want too get long winded and put up a very lengthy post, so I’ll keep it as short as I can. Ok 9yrs ago I fell into a category called Super-Super Morbidly Obese. Yes that’s right Super-Super Morbidly Obese, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. In order to qualify to be in this category ur BMI must be over 80, mines was 81. At the time I weighed

649LBS.

Yes Fat Albert status, well for those of u that r old enough to know who Fat Albert is. At that time I had every FAT BOY health issue u can name, including CHF and my Cardiologist gave me 10-12months to live. My heart was enlarged and struggling, also pumping fluids into my lungs that were 80-85% filled. It was a wake up call for me, then my wife dropped one more bomb telling me she was pregnant. And that she didn’t want to raise our children without a father. At that point I finally flipped the switch in my head to do something about it. Not only because I was dying, but more so for my wife and keiki(children). Well as u can see I’m still here, I’ve lost more weight then weight then all of u weigh over 350lbs. I need to pump my brakes, and slap myself in the face. And get back in line, I never want to go back to where I was. Life has been a Blessing everyday, I’m back doing the things I love, and loving on the Ohana(Family). So that’s my FAT BOY story, I will keep u folks posted on my Battle. Stay focus we all can do it.🤙🏽

Mahalo ke Akua🙏🏽
Awesome story!!! Keep up the great work!!

Do you mind sharing your height? Not that it matters much at your starting weight.

My story is similar, though not quite as extreme. Steadily got heavier after college and always sedentary jobs. I’m 6’5” and was 460 in 2016. I didn’t have any health problems, yet. But, at that rate it was just a matter of time. Lost 120, then found 60... now losing again and finally feeling like I may have stumbled on a program that I can stick with. Weighed in at 356 today. Down 28 since Jan 6. I’ve got a couple periodic goals in mind... 1. < 350 2. < 325 3. < 300. And super duper awesome goal weight is 260. (11th grade football weight)

Not sure what the difference is, but this year all of this feels much more doable than it has in the past. Starting off the year with the wife on the same eating plan was a huge bonus and made the first several weeks easier.

I used to laugh when searching the internet looking for advice on surf boards for bigger riders. But, I found one that I’m happy with and was surfing ropeless behind our yamaha last year at 360ish lbs.

This year is going to be even better!!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome story!!! Keep up the great work!!

Do you mind sharing your height? Not that it matters much at your starting weight.

My story is similar, though not quite as extreme. Steadily got heavier after college and always sedentary jobs. I’m 6’5” and was 460 in 2016. I didn’t have any health problems, yet. But, at that rate it was just a matter of time. Lost 120, then found 60... now losing again and finally feeling like I may have stumbled on a program that I can stick with. Weighed in at 356 today. Down 28 since Jan 6. I’ve got a couple periodic goals in mind... 1. < 350 2. < 325 3. < 300. And super duper awesome goal weight is 260. (11th grade football weight)

Not sure what the difference is, but this year all of this feels much more doable than it has in the past. Starting off the year with the wife on the same eating plan was a huge bonus and made the first several weeks easier.

I used to laugh when searching the internet looking for advice on surf boards for bigger riders. But, I found one that I’m happy with and was surfing ropeless behind our yamaha last year at 360ish lbs.

This year is going to be even better!!
Aloha @BigAbe75 to answer ur question I’m 5’11”, I tell everyone I was 6’2” but when u pass 600lbs and add gravitational forces u shrink🤣. I like u want to get to my High School football weight too, which was 225lbs. So I’ve got a ways too go, even more since I went backwards over the Holidays. Glad to hear that u’r doing great urself and winning ur battle. Keep up the great work, and U’ll reach that goal. What wakesurf board do u use? I need to find a Blahlah(Big Boy) board. Lmk🤙🏽

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I settled on the Chaos Ringer XXL

The guys at Wake9 talk a lot about Chaos boards. After seeing the site specifically mention the weight limit, I gave it a try. So many others won’t actually give ranges that high.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hit 6 miles on the elliptical in 1:05 for the first time ever today!!!! Had to really cook at the end to make it! Literally made it with one second to spare!!!! I keep setting harder goals....next up 6.05! Back to 190.4 this morning! (No beer last night)

And I did all of that at resistance 6 or 7 (mostly 7)!

Attachments

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just reporting back in... still doing good. Down 34 as of yesterday. Today is the first full day of a 4 day work trip. Trying to make good decisions and at least not gain any this week. Another 1/2 pound and I will have reached my first goal.

Now, on to the next one!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been losing slowly but hit 193 the other day. Now I am bouncing between 193 and 195. For the first time in many years last night I actually hit a sub 9 ( 8:49 ) minute mile. For myself that is a huge accomplishment!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm one month away from an all inclusive trip to the Turks and Caicos (Beaches Resort)....I'm going to have to walk and surf my ass off (literally) if I am to keep the weight down eating and drinking there!!!!

But hitting 189.4 today was a real milestone! I don't know when I was last under 190!

Next goal....185! Then perhaps 179?

@jcyamaharider what is your target?

Here is my latest steps history....only missed a couple of days (when I had all day and night meetings and couldnt get on the elliptical):

1582640746344.png

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm one month away from an all inclusive trip to the Turks and Caicos (Beaches Resort)....I'm going to have to walk and surf my ass off (literally) if I am to keep the weight down eating and drinking there!!!!

But hitting 189.4 today was a real milestone! I don't know when I was last under 190!

Next goal....185! Then perhaps 179?

@jcyamaharider what is your target?

Here is my latest steps history....only missed a couple of days (when I had all day and night meetings and couldnt get on the elliptical):

View attachment 112314
My target is 185, Weight training is coming soon so I know that I will gain weight when I start that. Also if it ever dries out enough to start mountain biking on the trails the wife and I will be doing that also.

I feel a ton better just eating and drinking better.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is a group I NEED to join! After a great summer and early fall of "THE 5 B's" (burgers, brats, BBQ, beer and boats) I stepped on a scale on Jan 1st and discovered I was at 205. I'm 6'0" with a slender build so that is about 25 lbs. too much. On top of that I am a Type 1 diabetic so it makes things even worse. I gave myself a month to enjoy things and after Super Bowl Sunday I began working out and watching what I eat. I'm on a semi-Keto diet and have cut out most carbs. So far, a few weeks in, I'm down 6 lbs.

I HATE doing cardio so I have been either jumping on our elliptical and running a mile as fast as I can or get on the rowing machine and knocking out 1 km as fast as I can. Both get my heart rate way up and then I circuit train with weights and very few breaks for another 20-25 minutes.

The worst part is how much I miss beer! I cheated last night when my son and I hit Buffalo Wild Wings. Sam Adams Boston Lager was calling me and I had to answer. I limited myself to one so it wasn't too bad. Otherwise if I want an adult beverage I have switched to White Claw (ugh.)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is a group I NEED to join! After a great summer and early fall of "THE 5 B's" (burgers, brats, BBQ, beer and boats) I stepped on a scale on Jan 1st and discovered I was at 205. I'm 6'0" with a slender build so that is about 25 lbs. too much. On top of that I am a Type 1 diabetic so it makes things even worse. I gave myself a month to enjoy things and after Super Bowl Sunday I began working out and watching what I eat. I'm on a semi-Keto diet and have cut out most carbs. So far, a few weeks in, I'm down 6 lbs.

I HATE doing cardio so I have been either jumping on our elliptical and running a mile as fast as I can or get on the rowing machine and knocking out 1 km as fast as I can. Both get my heart rate way up and then I circuit train with weights and very few breaks for another 20-25 minutes.

The worst part is how much I miss beer! I cheated last night when my son and I hit Buffalo Wild Wings. Sam Adams Boston Lager was calling me and I had to answer. I limited myself to one so it wasn't too bad. Otherwise if I want an adult beverage I have switched to White Claw (ugh.)
Beer is my downfall too! Went out Saturday night to dinner....and had 2 beers......but put in 15,000 steps on Sunday as penance! LOL