• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255 fsh fat sucker

Jon Gottschalk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kind of looks like beached whale, even in water. I'm not a fish guy but the 210 is better, more proportionally designed, I think. Maybe will look better out in the wild

Attachments

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not being an FSH guy either, I'm actually impressed. Those that buy center console boats may be in quite varied water conditions. And the higher freeboard is going to be well received.

I was actually surprised when they first released the 19' version, as I though it was too small. I think Yamaha was testing the market. And now that they have made these boats more multipurpose, they will sell well. That boat area is truly going to make it a better family boat.

Last edited:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Kind of looks like beached whale, even in water. I'm not a fish guy but the 210 is better, more proportionally designed, I think. Maybe will look better out in the wild
1: Its on plane so it's way out of the water.
2: Its a CC fishing vessel, so high free-board is GOOD!
3: I have yet to see the entire boat, but I'd bet my bottom dollar its better than the 210 FSH that I have.
4: Everyone is free to their own opinions! lol
Cheers!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you added an OB to that picture it looks like every other 25-28ft CC. they did well with the higher fretboard and back that isnt a flst platform like the 19 and 21ft

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a good lookin’ boat!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its 70k for no SVHO and no Eletronic throttles.. 77k with both those options.

Wish trim tabs would have come standard as well.

The real kicker is what price are you paying for brand new 24-26ft CC with OBs?

Biggest issue would still be sucking Sawgrass and sargasso into pumps

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Similar boat,
$90K
But its a SERIOUS Fishing boat.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boating magazine videos are live again!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I've done some lookong and nothing new for that price. Most 24-26ft max at 400hp. So even the 252 is close to their "max"

The seating is more limited on all of those as well.

For the 25ft range CC and the price I think yamaha is going to sell a ton.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think they have another boat of the year runner on their hands. It’s nice. Maybe I’ll grab one in a few years when my little boys are teens and we need more room. But for now the 210 is STILL PERFECT for me and my coastal NC lifestyle.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Having spent a lot of time looking lately, Scout is considered a “mid tier” boat but it’s priced higher than most. Something else you’ll notice if you poke around one is the lack of unfinished surfaces, even in the bilge. The tower is typically rock solid, not shaky at all. Quality hardware, and QC is important to them. So in terms of pricing, the 252 will be priced in the middle of “mid tier” boats in the 23’ range. I haven’t looked at the hull numbers of the 252, but most 23’ boats have an 18-20 degree dead rise for stability while underway (an upper tier boat like a Regulator or Contender will have 23+) I’d like to get my eyes on one to see what they’ll be like.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Having spent a lot of time looking lately, Scout is considered a “mid tier” boat but it’s priced higher than most. Something else you’ll notice if you poke around one is the lack of unfinished surfaces, even in the bilge. The tower is typically rock solid, not shaky at all. Quality hardware, and QC is important to them. So in terms of pricing, the 252 will be priced in the middle of “mid tier” boats in the 23’ range. I haven’t looked at the hull numbers of the 252, but most 23’ boats have an 18-20 degree dead rise for stability while underway (an upper tier boat like a Regulator or Contender will have 23+) I’d like to get my eyes on one to see what they’ll be like.
Would not that make the 252 one of the lowest priced 25 foot boats (being in the middle of the 23 foot class)? The price jump from a 23 to 25 is massive. :winkingthumbsup"

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Depends, Yamaha is 24’ 6”. While underway, you do lose a couple feet of that useable space. A Key West 239 is considered a 23’ boat, it’s 23’ 9”. Look I’m not saying the Yamaha isn’t a good value, that’s why I bought one. I just call it what it is, a value product.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha isn't marketing to the offshore fishing group specifically. I can tell you I would 100% be looking at this before the 255XD if I was buying new. Seems to have far more creature comforts than the previous FSH models and looks very family friendly for hanging at the lake but tough enough for some offshore in the gulf and a huge gas tank for Bimini runs. I love what they did and will be looking at these on the used market in 4 or 5 years.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If anyone wants a used 255 FSH in the next 4-5 years, I’ll hold onto one for you. I just need a $80,000k deposit today. I’ll take real good care of it and break it in real nice!
😋😅🤣☠