• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 JetBoaters.Net SeaDek Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot

Pitluver52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have been unable to find titanium over black brushed. I'm leaning on storm gray over black . Can anyone provide a side by side comparison? Thanks

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @JetBoatPilot (Will and your team!), my order just arrived today in perfect shape. Can't wait to get it installed!

But one thing...am I suppose to use a blunt object to open the box!?! :confused:
20210910_130759.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot do you happen to have any installers that you recommend (or does anyone know of anyone) - in the Tampa Bay area, preferably in Pinellas (Clearwater / Largo / St Pete etc)? I'm thinking of getting the full kit (cockpit, swim, and option) for a 2019 242 LSE. I know most folks here have done their own - and talk about how easy it is, but I've had a hard enough time just applying registration numbers. I'm afraid it'd look like Picasso laid it after I'm done with it!
I'll be down there in December and can help you if need be.

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll be down there in December and can help you if need be.
I may have to take you up on that!! :D

I was actually wondering about that: are there any concerns in purchasing NOW, but then letting it sit for three or four months while we wait for cooler weather before trying to tackle the install? I'm assuming it would be best to store it indoors (A/C) rather than the garage, but - would it be OK to let it sit for a few months before attempting an install - or is that a bad idea?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
my SX195 came with 2" teak on the swim platform and on top of the storage... will it be tacky to put the dragon scale or 4" plank in the cockpit?!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I was actually wondering about that: are there any concerns in purchasing NOW, but then letting it sit for three or four months while we wait for cooler weather before trying to tackle the install? I'm assuming it would be best to store it indoors (A/C) rather than the garage, but - would it be OK to let it sit for a few months before attempting an install - or is that a bad idea?
Shouldn't be a problem.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

None at all. In fact, letting it sit and "unfold" from shipping helps a little.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
my SX195 came with 2" teak on the swim platform and on top of the storage... will it be tacky to put the dragon scale or 4" plank in the cockpit?!
I would not do that unless you were planning to match up the whole set inside a year.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is also not sea dek. It is marine mat, an inferior product IMO. I would just rip it up and use all seadek, that's what my plan is when my order arrives. I also got dragon scale

Matt_D

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just ordered the bow pads for my SX-190. It’s way to slippery without them!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sent in my traced template for the crumbling dash pad that is to the right of the steering wheel. It will be included with my order as well as the bow vertical "AR" seadeck above the step.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That is also not sea dek. It is marine mat, an inferior product IMO. I would just rip it up and use all seadek, that's what my plan is when my order arrives. I also got dragon scale
the 195's have sea dek. the 190's have a marine mat.1631708263737.png
1631708316046.png

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I would not do that unless you were planning to match up the whole set inside a year.
means i have to spend more money.... LoL

I've had 2" teak... wanted something different but also that will age well

Last edited:

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I sent in my traced template for the crumbling dash pad that is to the right of the steering wheel. It will be included with my order as well as the bow vertical "AR" seadeck above the step.
i'm about to order the cockpit kt...but was wanting to add an optional mat above the anchor locker step like the new 25's have. is this what you're talking about?

1631712906580.jpeg

did jbp do custom art work for you? i guess i just want it to say AR240 where this one says 252.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i'm about to order the cockpit kt...but was wanting to add an optional mat above the anchor locker step like the new 25's have. is this what you're talking about?

View attachment 163518

did jbp do custom art work for you? i guess i just want it to say AR240 where this one says 252.
Custom artwork can be done for an additional cost.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length